The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks 3 @ Vancouver Canucks 1

The Magician

Every year I want to be able to say that if we get bounced at least they gave it their all.

I can't even say that anymore.

Frackin Jonathan Toews would carry his team on his back singlehandedly if they weren't playing well until they woke up.

Where is our guy that does that? Our star that lifts the team up?

Used to be Kesler-now he's too broken.

Certainly not the Twins

When are we going to have another player that would give their all for this team?

Every year I want to be able to say that if we get bounced at least they gave it their all.

I can't even say that anymore.

Frackin Jonathan Toews would carry his team on his back singlehandedly if they weren't playing well until they woke up.

Where is our guy that does that? Our star that lifts the team up?

Used to be Kesler-now he's too broken.

Certainly not the Twins

When are we going to have another player that would give their all for this team?

You're a fracktard! Seriously anyone one of who thought we lost because of Luongo needs to give their head a shake. You win and lose as a team. We scored one goal, and didn't have too many chances. Keep in mind we also had very limited PP time... If this wasn't for Lu it could have easily been an 8-1 game. That save he made on the first PP was spectacular vintage Lu. Hate to say it to all you LU haters he's getting the start game 2 and possibly 3 so STFU! Have some faith in the boys and strop critizing.

The turning point of the game was a weak call on Kassian giving the Sharks a power play they didn't earn. Good for them for capitalizing. But damn.. I remember a time when it wasn't possible to draw a cheap penalty just by turning your back right before getting hit in your own end of the ice. In a period you're getting outplayed. Watch all the highlights from all the games tonight and is that a penalty against the home team anywhere else? In Boston or Pittsburgh? Watch Couture's reaction towards the ref after the penalty is called. Nodding to the ref in approval like he was about to pat him on the head and give him a cookie. With that kind of incentive is there any chance a ref would notice a visiting player standing in the crease with his stick over the goalie's back pinning him in place while the winning goal is scored? No chance. With a few bounces Canucks win anyways. Just not tonight. They are a better team and will show it next game.

surprised to see so many people pointing fingers. raymond and kassian? really?

the whole team is lacking. you know, as a unit

complacency, complacency, complacency

needs to be a shake-up.

i'm not even an anti-AV guy, but if things continue like this, I wouldn't mind seeing him gone, along with 2-3 "core" members of our group.

The turning point of the game was a weak call on Kassian giving the Sharks a power play they didn't earn. Good for them for capitalizing. But damn.. I remember a time when it wasn't possible to draw a cheap penalty just by turning your back right before getting hit in your own end of the ice. In a period you're getting outplayed. Watch all the highlights from all the games tonight and is that a penalty against the home team anywhere else? In Boston or Pittsburgh? Watch Couture's reaction towards the ref after the penalty is called. Nodding to the ref in approval like he was about to pat him on the head and give him a cookie. With that kind of incentive is there any chance a ref would notice a visiting player standing in the crease with his stick over the goalie's back pinning him in place while the winning goal is scored? No chance. With a few bounces Canucks win anyways. Just not tonight. They are a better team and will show it next game.

Booth, Ballard, Malhotra, Raymond, Luongo/Schneider that's like 18 Million of cap space we could've spent on 1 or 2 top 6 forwards. Instead were stuck with Raymond and Ebbett.... big changes better happen in the offseason if we don't win the cup.

We needed to get bigger and didn't in the right way, I like Raymond and how he's overcome alot but for the playoffs we needed size (and Roy is great) Ebbett subpar, and the 4th line is makeshift at best, we have to have guys that can skate thru arm/stick checks and the minor clutching and grabbing, I would try Gaunce and Lain in for Ebbet and Raymond just to increase pressure ON the puck, not to duck and shy away from a hit (that just gives the Sharks more confidence) and for faceoffs.by the way kudos to Corrado for being game tonite.

LU was solid...if we have to count on Schnieds to play better than that= series over.

Alberts terrible....Raymond=WORSE

REFS= FAIR...

linesmen...hmmmmmm lots of weird one....

KES...MEH

i thought the Sharks were faster, more talented, had more heart, and deserved the win. no excuses better team tonight by a mile....and I am a conspiracy guy

edit...just let me add that if I am the GM and I have $4 mil in the press box in Ballard, a d-man who at various points this year has been stellar, AND MY COACH WON'T PLAY HIM, it will be either him (AV) or me if crap goes bad

Sorry for being negative towards Kassian.

I didn't know costing your team a goal (again) and not providing any offence (as usual) is made ok by throwing a few hits.

By that definition, Sestito can fill his role.

Still waiting for Kassian to "wake up" or "turn into a beast" once the playoffs start. As many of you said would happen. I'm sure this is all AVs fault somehow right?

Archived