The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks 3 @ Vancouver Canucks 1

The Magician

we took way to many penalties to begin with. luongo meltdown not luongos fault once again bad turnovers in the 3rd and the other team scores on them and every1 is fast to blame luongo for not stoping a shot that he shouldnt even faced.

First of all since when is pushing a penalty? Weise and kass! I seen much worse let go in playoff hockey cough 2011 finals cough and canucks were the better team! 4 posts they hit 0 sjs hit its a game of puck luck eventually skill over comes luck. Sjs 2nd goal they had a player blocking luongo from being able to get up back across if canucks sit back and watch this happen there going to lose, if refs aren't calling it return the favour to niemi get in his crease and interfere

Classic Canucks fan base... 1 loss in the playoffs and they act like we lost game 7 in the cup final again.

All though in the moment i was mad as EFF but after taking a break and looking back it was a great and close game the Nucks obviously have to work on things but hey its not even close to being over.

Also look at it from a non canucks fan standpoint, look at the other series, do you think detriot is done after one game? how about LA?

The Sedins need to come through, heck our whole offense needs to come through. SJ was really the only team that scored tonight. I can't believe people are still blaming Luongo for this loss when we LITERALLY didn't score a goal or generate offense. Luongo was our best player tonight and kept us in it through the first. Game 1 was a loss but this isn't the NFL it's a best of 7 not a sudden death.

Interesting post game recap from Canucks Army: http://canucksarmy.c...rom-the-canucks

In general, I think these post game recap's always do a great job separating fact from fiction. They are impartial IMO, and give you a detailed look at which lines/players struggled/succeeded each game. They don't play favorites and they don't usually criticize without giving context. Great read for anyone looking to get a level headed analysis of the game.

Not usually something they do, but they critiqued AV and his matchups tonight. Sedins saw a heavy dose of Vlasic tonight, and he smothered them (only line who was outshot at even strength) - and only generated 1 scoring chance at evens. Yes, you read that right - 1 scoring chance. AV has home ice advantage, he had to get the twins away from Vlasic. He had to, and didn't. As we've seen year after yr, if you're best players aren't your best players - you're done. If AV can't do his job of getting his top guys away from Vlasic on home ice - I'm scared to see what it'll look like on SJS's ice. I hope it's an adjustment he makes for gm 2.

Can't play lazy regular season hockey in the playoffs and expect to win.

The crappy thing is the Sharks didn't even play that well. This was one of the easier games to get a win and they didn't seize the opportunity.

Certain players need to be dropped down/benched if they're not going to bring it.

Out/Demoted: Ebbett, Kassian, Alberts, Burrows, Weise

In/Promoted: Hansen, Schroeder, Ballard, Lain

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Higgins Roy Kesler

Raymond Schroeder Burrows

Lapierre Lain Kassian

Slot in Ballard for Alberts. We need more puck movers to spark the offense.

It's not about one play or this game or one player. It's about looking at this team realistically and calling it as it is, not with rose-coloured glasses or high hopes. This team is not a contender. Sorry CDC faithful, it's not going to happen. Not only is this team lacking in chemistry but it's also lacking the parts. A complete rebuild is needed from the very top to the bottom. Including the jerseys.

ZERO chemistry and a bunch of individual efforts. Seems to me this "team" is awfully similar to the team that lost to LA last season. The effort was there for the most part, execution on the other hand..........

Everyones saying Luongo didnt have a meltdown... uhm yes he did. Yeah he shouldnt have faced those shots that went in but its the playoff and everyones supposed to up there game.

Sorry all you Luongo lovers but we all know Schneider would of not let those shots in, not a chance.

Hope all you enjoyed Luongo's last game as a canuck!

Thank GOD.

Everyones saying Luongo didnt have a meltdown... uhm yes he did. Yeah he shouldnt have faced those shots that went in but its the playoff and everyones supposed to up there game.

Sorry all you Luongo lovers but we all know Schneider would of not let those shots in, not a chance.

Hope all you enjoyed Luongo's last game as a canuck!

Thank GOD.

regardless if he didnt let the third goal in i believe we would of found a way to tie the game, its just luongo's style to let a soft goal in to completely end a chance of a comeback especially with the way our squad played tonight.

strong join date to post count to post content correlation

if everyone is supposed to step their game up then how about the team in front of him that LITERALLY didn't score any goals tonight, SJ scored on themselves and that was our only goal

Archived