The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks 3 @ Vancouver Canucks 1

The Magician

Inconsistant effort in the first game as well as relying on goaltending (once again) to steal games for us while we score a goal or two isn't going to win the Cup for Vancouver. Not going to write off the Canucks chances after the first game but they need to show a much improved effort in game two in order to get the split.

I didn't read the 18 pages of this thread, but I can imagine what is being said, so no reason to.

I thought the defense was fine and Lou was very good, if not great. But once again, the offense struggled. Something is a bit off, especially with the twins. Three times I counted last night where Daniel passed up an A-1 scoring chance, only to eventually take a low percentage shot when it was too late.

I also saw Hank miss open guys in situations where he usually never does. One that stands out is with about a minute left and Lou on the bench for the extra attacker, Henrik had Kesler open in the slot for the one-timer, but hesitated and the chance was gone. He eventually took a bad angle shot that Niemi easily saved.

Finally, I hate to harp on officiating, but it was sure tough to figure out what was a penalty and what wasn't last night. The calls against Kassian and Hamhuis were weak, IMO, while Hansen got away with what I thought was an obvious boarding call on Gagliardi. And how was that hip check on Hank behind the net not interference?

Real problem is this team cannot score.

They cannot score because they aren't putting in the effort

They aren't putting in the effort because they aren't ready to play

They aren't ready to play because they are trying to follow a game strategy they haven't used all year

They are using a different strategy because the coach wants the team to slow down and play tough.

The coach wants them to slow down and play tough because they cannot score.

I didn't read the 18 pages of this thread, but I can imagine what is being said, so no reason to.

I thought the defense was fine and Lou was very good, if not great. But once again, the offense struggled. Something is a bit off, especially with the twins. Three times I counted last night where Daniel passed up an A-1 scoring chance, only to eventually take a low percentage shot when it was too late.

I also saw Hank miss open guys in situations where he usually never does. One that stands out is with about a minute left and Lou on the bench for the extra attacker, Henrik had Kesler open in the slot for the one-timer, but hesitated and the chance was gone. He eventually took a bad angle shot that Niemi easily saved.

Finally, I hate to harp on officiating, but it was sure tough to figure out what was a penalty and what wasn't last night. The calls against Kassian and Hamhuis were weak, IMO, while Hansen got away with what I thought was an obvious boarding call on Gagliardi. And how was that hip check on Hank behind the net not interference?

This team has won 2 of their last 9 playoff games.... Starting game 3 in Boston.

Please just play like the Chicago game - speed - this team wasn't built to outhit other teams - it was built to out score - , load up 2 lines then who cares?

The coach... This is his last series with the team, he either wakes up or he is done

I was actually impressed by Luongo. everyone talked about Schneider and he barely played in the second half of the season. Yet, he starts 1st game of the playoffs...at home...and IMO was steady.

Id like to see some of you perform under this kind of pressure. and dont give me that "he earns so and so much so he'd better perform". what some dont understand is that he is still human.

anywhoo, the bounces were in their favor. however, Im missing that wrecking ball that is needed in the playoffs. who is hitting everything that moves? that Torres character?? Sestito? Pinnizzotto?

not as much as they themselves are tired of the playoffs.

The whole team is tired. Its like working one job for too long..and you have just had enough...nothing inspires you, you go in day in and day out..you are collecting a paycheck. No longer care for a promotion, a raise, recognition..you just want to provide for your family and maybe take 2 weeks out of the year for a nice vacay.

Take a look at some of the dominant teams - they have possessed individuals who just don't give a f about that, they aren't living for no families, no for stability..they are out there where the cup matters more to them than the aforementioned.

Kane, Toews, Malkin Crosby (few examples) - hate them or love em, but they are not changing diapers, wondering what school they want their kids to attend - they are hardworking bastards ... all of those guys have won a cup - but thats not enough, they want it again, and bad.

I wish the canucks the very best and no disrespect to the immense talent available on the team - but there is just a driving factor that is missing with this core - and I am not convinced they can ever excel to the level they need to be at.

It is time somebody call a spade .. a spade. I think its okay to just let certain individuals know..that they are sucking (not that they are talent-less, but failing rising to the occasion), even if it means telling henrick/daniel. It may hurt them, it may sting, but it might be the reality check and stimulant to get them going.

On a team - you typically have one guy who feels that whole success/failure of the team is on his shoulders, and he is out there..giving it his every drop of sweat, blood, and piss..to fight for what he wants.

I am sure there are some guys who feel that way..the issue is...EVERY, SINGLE, player..needs to feel that way...feel that THEY are the accountable for the team.

EDIT: sorry for the ramble - im high.

Sky isn't falling. Canucks weren't great. However, they weren't as terrible as some are saying.

Adjustments need to be made. Team needs to be better in certain ways.

The Sharks were solid. They were more opportunistic with their chances.

What a goalie think about every goals that have been scored yesterday.

- Bieksa(Torres) Why are you moving your stick toward your OWN goal?

- Couture How should I make a save if two of my OWN players are screening me?

- Boyle Can someone make them pay when they are in the blue paint? Take a 2, a 4 or a 5min penalty I won't mind, I'll give all that I've got to kill that penalty. They would have probably scored, but they would at least think twice next time.

- Marleau Was you 200% sure you was going to block that shot? Get the f*** away and let me do my job.

One sloppy disappointing game that's all. Lets see how they bounce back before we hang them people.

Weiss and Ebbett need to go. That Weiss penalty a couple minutes in to put them on their heals from the get go was as dumb as it gets. I am positive Jensen, Gaunce and Mallets could bring much more to the table then these useless clowns.

Our star players obviously need to be better the sharks came in under no pressure and did a decent job but if we are sharper that games there for the taking.

Canucks>Sharks we will win this series.

Archived