The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks 3 @ Vancouver Canucks 1

The Magician

The team just came out flat.... all they did was hit with no sustained attack.

Also seriously people... ebbett getting scratched won't make a difference. Our big boys have to show up... plain and simple

The team just came out flat.... all they did was hit with no sustained attack.

Also seriously people... ebbett getting scratched won't make a difference. Our big boys have to show up... plain and simple

and your boyfriend let in 2 stinkers in the third .... does he know he can use his glove hand to cover the puck? or did he think thats illegal? his best save was off of his own terrible rebound. you have an answer for everything Lu does so what was with going down early and then not reacting at all on that 3rd goal?

These comments always leave me wondering, why are you subjecting yourself to something so painful? They do have heart & killer instinct...they showed it in the second when they took control of the game....unfortunately, there was one more period to go and they ran out of gas and the Sharts capitalized on that. They did not look terrible, as your rant would indicate.

I was so totally impressed in the second because they came out really strong. They still have to battle some BS with the refs but they've totally overcome reacting to it and they were punishing the Sharts with some crunching hits. I think that took it's toll...the third, they were running out of gas.

Sure, we do need to score but SJ was clogging up their crease and it wasn't easy...that was part of their obvious gameplan. We totally outhit them and we outshot them...it's all about getting the opportunities and then cashing in. They did that when it counted most in the third.

I'm, by no means, jumping off the bridge with the rest of you....someone wins, someone loses. Was not a disaster as anyone who didn't watch the game and enters in here would think. Saw some great things...unfortunately, we have to find a way to score. Love Danny, but he's tentative right now...a few opportunities lost when he overthought and didn't react quickly enough. Sometimes that works...to have the patience but, last night, it didn't.

In the recent past it's been "OMG no push back, they're not tough enough". Now it's "OMG no scoring, they're not trying". It's going to take a balance between both and they have the ability and players to do so.

Here's the thing, hockey fans - it isn't that easy to win a Stanley Cup by sweeping series as some have obviously set the bar at. They lost game one and did some good things and some not so good. Get over it.

Not burning my jersey yet, that's for sure.

These comments always leave me wondering, why are you subjecting yourself to something so painful? They do have heart & killer instinct...they showed it in the second when they took control of the game....unfortunately, there was one more period to go and they ran out of gas and the Sharts capitalized on that. They did not look terrible, as your rant would indicate.

I was so totally impressed in the second because they came out really strong. They still have to battle some BS with the refs but they've totally overcome reacting to it and they were punishing the Sharts with some crunching hits. I think that took it's toll...the third, they were running out of gas.

Sure, we do need to score but SJ was clogging up their crease and it wasn't easy...that was part of their obvious gameplan. We totally outhit them and we outshot them...it's all about getting the opportunities and then cashing in. They did that when it counted most in the third.

I'm, by no means, jumping off the bridge with the rest of you....someone wins, someone loses. Was not a disaster as anyone who didn't watch the game and enters in here would think. Saw some great things...unfortunately, we have to find a way to score. Love Danny, but he's tentative right now...a few opportunities lost when he overthought and didn't react quickly enough. Sometimes that works...to have the patience but, last night, it didn't.

In the recent past it's been "OMG no push back, they're not tough enough". Now it's "OMG no scoring, they're not trying". It's going to take a balance between both and they have the ability and players to do so.

Here's the thing, hockey fans - it isn't that easy to win a Stanley Cup by sweeping series as some have obviously set the bar at. They lost game one and did some good things and some not so good. Get over it.

Not burning my jersey yet, that's for sure.

people keep blaming Luo.... sure ... you might hate the guy...i personally prefer Schneids....but its the coaching and our key players were silenced by the Sharks. Sure the Marleau's goal (3rd one) could be questionable....over-all Luo played well.

since im canucks living in seattle, i dont have a choice but to listen to NBC Sports (SJ sportscaster and that annoying people of NBC, specially that former GM of BOSTON...i dnt even want to say his &^%$ name) and they were making fun of LUO. Reading this thread, some reminds me these guys of NBC "analyst".

How bout Lu stops a weak backband from the corner boards without giving up a juicey rebound on a puck most kids 12 years old would have just grabbed. Was no traffic, was not deflected, is no reason for a rebound on the 2-1 goal.

just more of the bad habits the nucks gained during regular season. coasting into the playoffs not being prepared to play a full 60 minutes good thing they rested before the playoffs it really showed in the top lines energy.

oh well 3 more games like that and AV can start looking for work hopefully he take his plug love mentality with him.

some how that loss is ballard and Louies fault if you asked AV.

not as much as they themselves are tired of the playoffs.

The whole team is tired. Its like working one job for too long..and you have just had enough...nothing inspires you, you go in day in and day out..you are collecting a paycheck. No longer care for a promotion, a raise, recognition..you just want to provide for your family and maybe take 2 weeks out of the year for a nice vacay.

Take a look at some of the dominant teams - they have possessed individuals who just don't give a f about that, they aren't living for no families, no for stability..they are out there where the cup matters more to them than the aforementioned.

Kane, Toews, Malkin Crosby (few examples) - hate them or love em, but they are not changing diapers, wondering what school they want their kids to attend - they are hardworking bastards ... all of those guys have won a cup - but thats not enough, they want it again, and bad.

I wish the canucks the very best and no disrespect to the immense talent available on the team - but there is just a driving factor that is missing with this core - and I am not convinced they can ever excel to the level they need to be at.

It is time somebody call a spade .. a spade. I think its okay to just let certain individuals know..that they are sucking (not that they are talent-less, but failing rising to the occasion), even if it means telling henrick/daniel. It may hurt them, it may sting, but it might be the reality check and stimulant to get them going.

On a team - you typically have one guy who feels that whole success/failure of the team is on his shoulders, and he is out there..giving it his every drop of sweat, blood, and piss..to fight for what he wants.

I am sure there are some guys who feel that way..the issue is...EVERY, SINGLE, player..needs to feel that way...feel that THEY are the accountable for the team.

EDIT: sorry for the ramble - im high.

It was a good game,great Canucks effort.

Corrado totally screwed Luo on the 2-1 goal and Gillis never replaced Manny's contributions in the circle.

The Sharks dominated with 6 -SIX- centre ice men available on ice and converted to wingers.

No veteran RH d man(Alberts and Corrado not exactly Stanley Cup potential) and lacking possession on the faceoff hurt the outcome.

Hope Schneider starts. This team has turned their back on Luongo. Hopefully the play a full game in front of Schneider. Pathetic really. The whole lot of them sucked last night except Luongo and Hansen.

Hamhuis needs to pull his head from his ass and play. The whole team needs to find a full game of intensity and for once play with some damn HEART. try looking like you care you lazy slack asses. So disheartening to see their slumped shoulder screw it we lost demeanor out there.

I wasn't going to comment on Lu's 2 booboos but if you're going to blame Corrado for mistakes...

2nd goal - the puck comes to Lu and instead of smothering it or knocking it away, he fans on it with his goal stick. Scramble ensues - puck in net.

3rd goal - It's called a "Butterfly" not a Canada Goose flying "V"! No way that goal should have gone in and that was game over.

Lu played a great 1st and held the team in the game. 2nd period he was not tested. 3rd period, see above.

Having said all that, I blame our continuing lack of offensive production for the team's loss. This has been a problem since Feb 2012 and shows no signs of improving. Unless this team can magically find another offensive "gear" they will not get out of this series.

Good job ignoring what everyone saw and what the TSN guys pointed out. Those were two brutal errors by Hamhuis. Not Luongo. Hamhuis screwed the pooch, Luongo just couldn't bail him out. But I forgot this is CDC. Always blame the goalie. ALWAYS (this offer not valid if Schneider is in the net, in which case blame is transferable to Edler, Bieksa or AV.)

Before all you ignorant frackheads come in and blame this loss on Luongo, the team scored 1 goal and weren't very good defensively for all three goals. It was a team loss, not Luongo's fault.

Hope we bounce back next game as that was a little disappointing. We were looking good until Kassian took that dumb penalty.

I am not a Luongo fan but I don't blame him for the loss. We have no scoring threat the Sedin sisters didn't show up and the whole team didn't show any desperation at all until 1 1/2 minutes left in the game. Its going to be a short series unless something wakes up that dressing room.

Archived