The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks 3 @ Vancouver Canucks 1

The Magician

First time poster here, and I have a quick question and comment:

1) I agree with AV when he said he wasnt too sure about that call on Kass last night - do you guys agree? I thought it was really weak, and the only reason his arm came anywhere near being high, was because Kass has a good few inches on Couture. Weak call that killed our momentum and gave them a tying goal

2) Man did we get out-thought last night or what! They had a complete read on our break-outs and were able to press us all game long which limited us to simply chipping pucks out of our zone right back to their players who then brought it back in with little resistance. At the other end of the rink, we would get the puck in and they would carry it out way to easily. It seemed evident to me that they knew what was coming and knew how to counter it...in short, it seemed to me that we got out coached

On the bright side, I dont think we can play much worse than we did offensively, so if we can keep them to one goal for most of the game, and improve our time of possession in their end, we should be able to tied this up and move forward from there

First time poster here, and I have a quick question and comment:

1) I agree with AV when he said he wasnt too sure about that call on Kass last night - do you guys agree? I thought it was really weak, and the only reason his arm came anywhere near being high, was because Kass has a good few inches on Couture. Weak call that killed our momentum and gave them a tying goal

2) Man did we get out-thought last night or what! They had a complete read on our break-outs and were able to press us all game long which limited us to simply chipping pucks out of our zone right back to their players who then brought it back in with little resistance. At the other end of the rink, we would get the puck in and they would carry it out way to easily. It seemed evident to me that they knew what was coming and knew how to counter it...in short, it seemed to me that we got out coached

On the bright side, I dont think we can play much worse than we did offensively, so if we can keep them to one goal for most of the game, and improve our time of possession in their end, we should be able to tied this up and move forward from there

Nicely stated. It's one game in which we played well enough to win.

One team wins the other doesn't. It's still a 7 game series, no need to freak out yet. Although I will say I from what I saw I think we can own these guys if we play it right.

In case anyone is wondering, Vegas odds have Vancouver as heavy favorites heading into tomorrow's tilt, as it should be (http://sports.bodog.eu/sports-betting/nhl-hockey-lines.jsp)

San Jose is playing at their absolute best right now, Vancouver is playing somewhere between bad and good. We just need to elevate our game that little extra, get some bounces, and all of a sudden this series is tied with San Jose forced to make some changes and Vancouver playing with added confidence and swagger.

I was so unimpressed with Dale Weise taking that stupid penalty right off the hop. I get that you are excited about the playoffs and you want to set a physical tone but come on have a little discipline. I am surprised the refs called something so petty, but still Weise gave them something to blow down. It really was a killer. It put us behind the 8-ball to get our offensive chemistry going while giving them a chance to grease the PP within 5 mins of the first. Todd McLellan's first post game words were about how that early PP allowed them to establish some rhythm and get into the series. He loved it.

Lets hope there are no childish "boil-overs" or soft calls tonight. Guess we cant do anything about soft calls, but we certainly can keep our hands to ourselves when its needed.

Archived