The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks 3 @ Vancouver Canucks 1

The Magician

I wonder how many more "No Trade" contracts Gillis will be offering to future players. He is now stuck with Luongo, the Sedins and Kesler. These three players are at the end of their highly skilled careers. Last year and again this year, the Sedins are no shows once the playoffs start. Kesler, though he has been hurt, is far from the player he was in 2011. The team needs some young guns who are willing to play at playoff intensity.

Luongo meltdown.. I'm sorry, what?

Are you high? Lu played incredible. The second goal never should have happened, and the third goal was redirected by Hamhuis.

The first goal was a nice goal.

...you were saying?

Well winning 16-straight games in the Playoffs is impossible, you win one and lose one. The important thing is how to make changes and fix anything that gone wrong after a lost. AV MUST prepare this team and make any necessary adjustment prior to Game 2, I like the idea of loading up the top-2 line.

Disappointed with the game and our play. Passing was so off the mark we kept dumping it to have San Jose retrieve it without any time in the offense zone. We are not winning puck battles, when we do, we wait and either give it away or try a weak shot. No sense of confidence in our play save some moments. But really, passing was the most terrible aspect. We can't even get past centre ice without it being intercepted or dumped in the sharks zone for apparently the sharks players. We're trying to make quick transitions but as another said, it's all so sloppy. Work on discipline as well

Thanks Lu

Im more dissapointed with myself for believing this team could turn it up during the playoffs when the evidence suggests otherwise.

Im less upset with the team and more upset with myself.

I see them play, but hope for more. Looks like they have no more to give. This is our team.

My thoughts:

Goods:

Lu, best player for the Canucks.

Physicality. Big hits and lots of them.

Bad:

Team chemistry, forwards and D looked lost out there.

Disipline. Lots of bad penalties.

Ugly:

Sedins. The worst players on the ice today, did absalute garbage. No heart, speed, or skill seen from them today.

Theres a reason why a series has 7 games, not one. CDC needs to calm down.

If only they would've carried over their play and energy from the 2nd period, we could've won this game. But instead it totally evaporated in the 3rd.

I'm really starting to beleive now that 2011 is the closest this team will get to a Cup with the Sedins and Raymond in our line-up.

Raymond has to go. He is too weak when it comes to winning physical board battles, and he's very streaky offensively. He's been invisible for the past several weeks now.

I belive AV will get canned if we lose this series. I am so sure of it, that I'd bet my house and my car on it.

Archived