648 replies to this topic

#421 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

on the topic of bandwagons, just to make it clear, I still believe the Canucks will win this round.

It's just frustrating when I see questionable line ups that breaks the chemistry that the team had.

I'm pretty sure AV will end up going back to the way things were and we'll win the series.

But doesnt that make you wonder? Why on earth would AV mess with working lines?

#422 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:56 PM

on the topic of bandwagons, just to make it clear, I still believe the Canucks will win this round.

It's just frustrating when I see questionable line ups that breaks the chemistry that the team had.

I'm pretty sure AV will end up going back to the way things were and we'll win the series.

But doesnt that make you wonder? Why on earth would AV mess with working lines?

because he's AV.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#423 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:58 PM

I'm just super surprised at Kassian's hitting ability. The kid tries to hit with his arms? Why? I just play in a rec league, and I know to use the shoulder with knee's bent. More positively anyway, he's decent on the puck and can play the cycle game. Looking forward to Friday.

#424 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:58 PM

Canucks are in a sad sad state right now

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#425 RU SERIOUS

RU SERIOUS

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:59 PM

I wouldn't defend our top line either.

I'm tired of people defending Kassian's terrible play all year.

I agree. He is not ready for the NHL = however the cupboards are bare on the farm thanks to 40 years of continuously poor scouting so there is no one else to call up except a bunch of 21 YO midgets and plumbers!

#426 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,919 posts

why would you put a sniper on the 4th line with 2 guys who are horrible passers?

You wouldn't. It's retarded. No offense to Jensen at all, but he's only as good as his linemates. Just look at him on the wolves. If his linemates are good, he will be good. You would put him in the top-6 for sure, or put him with Roy on the third.

#427 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts

I'm still listening to post game stuff. This sucks :(

Zf3XIDB.png

Sig by: Samuel Påhlsson

#428 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts

Lol...

"You're wrong. The Canucks are better than ever."

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#429 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,617 posts

I wouldn't defend our top line either.

I'm tired of people defending Kassian's terrible play all year.

The guy hasn't even played a full 82 game season in the NHL yet with linemates that have lasted more than one game.

HOW DARE HE NOT PERFORM.

OXwjSoG.gif

#430 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:01 AM

Raymond belongs on a team that needs to make the play-offs. He has no business on a team that needs to contend.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#431 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,537 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:02 AM

As soon as TSN showed the undefeated home teams were on game 1 I just knew we would be the THAT team that snaps the winning streak. lol :(

Just like the team that hosts the Olympics wins the cup the following year..... THERE IS NO HOCKEY GOD!! D:<

#432 KelVintage

KelVintage

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

cool story bro.

Thanks bro. Now go back to your mother's basement.

#433 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,617 posts

Raymond belongs on a team that needs to make the play-offs. He has no business on a team that needs to contend.

definition of the perimeter style play that is infecting our lineup.

OXwjSoG.gif

#434 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:03 AM

Luongo played great he was not the reason we lost tonight and I would be saying this even if Schneider played tonight before someone calls me a "lu-lover". yet again as it has been in the last 2 playoff series we've played our offense was the problem

1 goal a game is not going to cut it i don't care who is in net

step it up guys

#435 RU SERIOUS

RU SERIOUS

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

The depressing thing is we are just coming down the other side of the hill. It will be 10-11 years before the team rebuilds to the point of being able to challenge in the finals.

#436 Hairy Kneel

Hairy Kneel

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:07 AM

okay Coach Alame Vignot work your usual playoff genius, oh wait no more rome, nvm

#437 Sedinry

Sedinry

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:11 AM

Canucks won't win this round. AV and MG will be fired, sales are down and no one in this city cares about the Canucks all of a sudden. If I were the Aqulini's I'd be looking for a fix fast otherwise they'll be down in revenue sooner than later. They already lost 80 M in brand value during the lock out.

My suggestion, sell high, this core obviously isn't able to get it done and that sucks but better to sell players high and get ready for the next entry of rookies rather than wait around and suck A$$ forever like the Flamers. It sucks but not even a Coaching change will fix things because our players are just a bit too old at this point. Core is above ~32 and the rookies don't care nor play like stars because most of them aren't.

MG got rid of the only prospective star in Cody Hodgson, and Canucks fans know it and have been bitching about it since yet anytime anyone brings it up, other people say differently.

Things don't look good, and that's because they aren't Canuckville.

#438 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,025 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:12 AM

My biggest concern is that AV will just blame this game on unlucky bounces and make no changes to the lineup, hoping that guys will just wake up.

If we lose the first two games of the series forget about it.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#439 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:12 AM

Why are we surprised?

9million in goaltending does not create offense or playoff style defense
Perimeter play all night
Lackadaisical puck movement out of our zone
Dump and chase
Ebbet
No sixty minute effort.

We've seen it since last February...

If the Aquamen want a legit team they'll find new mgmt
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#440 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,901 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:13 AM

As soon as TSN showed the undefeated home teams were on game 1 I just knew we would be the THAT team that snaps the winning streak. lol :(

Just like the team that hosts the Olympics wins the cup the following year..... THERE IS NO HOCKEY GOD!! D:<

Yes but all those undefeated at home teams can't win the cup. One team needs to be different :bigblush:

aXmDa9t.gif

#441 r.luongo01

r.luongo01

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:14 AM

Luongo was good, but .893 save % is not good enough. 2nd worst of all goalies so far

Save percentage isn't always an accurate indicator of how a goalie played. It's not always about the quantity of shots saved, but the quality. Ex. Lu got 2nd star of the night, and you can say that doesn't mean anything, but Niemi wasn't even mentioned, despite having a .947 (or something like that) save %. And I'll admit that Lu could've had the third goal, but, much like most games this season, and the last two playoff "runs," goaltending is not the issue-- scoring is.

#442 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

Why wasn't Bieksa on the PP? He has one of the few point shots that actually hit the target. All night I was telling my friends #3 would score us a PP goal and he wasn't even on the PP, wtf man.

#443 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,617 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

Every year I want to be able to say that if we get bounced at least they gave it their all.

I can't even say that anymore.

Frackin Jonathan Toews would carry his team on his back singlehandedly if they weren't playing well until they woke up.

Where is our guy that does that? Our star that lifts the team up?

Used to be Kesler-now he's too broken.
Certainly not the Twins

When are we going to have another player that would give their all for this team?

Edited by pinecone, 02 May 2013 - 12:17 AM.

OXwjSoG.gif

#444 PlayoffHockey

PlayoffHockey

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:18 AM

definition of the perimeter style play that is infecting our lineup.

This.

Outside of the Sedins, the "Leaders" of the team , i thought the boys tried hard tonight, Ebbett + Raymond tried but they're just too small come playoff time, basically useless.
Posted ImagePosted Image

"I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I knew nothing about NHL GL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago. I was unattached to any team when I first started watching although I could easily have gone for the Philadelphia Flyers as my home team which I supported in my youth and for 20 years was the Fife Flyers."
~ Bodee

http://forum.canucks...me/page__st__30

#445 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,381 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

Out-Ebbett, Alberts, Raymond

IN~ Ballard, Pinizzotto, Schroeder. Load up 2nd line 20-17-15 .3rd line-Shray, Kass, Hansen. 4th-Lappy, Weise, Pini

Gotta' pray Schneider is ok to play.

#446 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

Out-Ebbett, Alberts, Raymond

IN~ Ballard, Pinizzotto, Schroeder. Load up 2nd line 20-17-15 .3rd line-Shray, Kass, Hansen. 4th-Lappy, Weise, Pini

Gotta' pray Schneider is ok to play.

if we're going to keep scoring 1 goal a game he's not going to make any difference

#447 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 13,700 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:27 AM

Every year I want to be able to say that if we get bounced at least they gave it their all.

I can't even say that anymore.

Frackin Jonathan Toews would carry his team on his back singlehandedly if they weren't playing well until they woke up.

Where is our guy that does that? Our star that lifts the team up?

Used to be Kesler-now he's too broken.
Certainly not the Twins

When are we going to have another player that would give their all for this team?

let's not overrate Kesler too much

he did it for one round, before and since he's never been a consistent force a la Toews

output_Pdq_B7_F.gif

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#448 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,583 posts

You're a fracktard! Seriously anyone one of who thought we lost because of Luongo needs to give their head a shake. You win and lose as a team. We scored one goal, and didn't have too many chances. Keep in mind we also had very limited PP time... If this wasn't for Lu it could have easily been an 8-1 game. That save he made on the first PP was spectacular vintage Lu. Hate to say it to all you LU haters he's getting the start game 2 and possibly 3 so STFU! Have some faith in the boys and strop critizing.

We have a better chance with Cory in net, not that Lou cost us the game but he didn't win it for us.

#449 Smacken

Smacken

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

The turning point of the game was a weak call on Kassian giving the Sharks a power play they didn't earn. Good for them for capitalizing. But damn.. I remember a time when it wasn't possible to draw a cheap penalty just by turning your back right before getting hit in your own end of the ice. In a period you're getting outplayed. Watch all the highlights from all the games tonight and is that a penalty against the home team anywhere else? In Boston or Pittsburgh? Watch Couture's reaction towards the ref after the penalty is called. Nodding to the ref in approval like he was about to pat him on the head and give him a cookie. With that kind of incentive is there any chance a ref would notice a visiting player standing in the crease with his stick over the goalie's back pinning him in place while the winning goal is scored? No chance. With a few bounces Canucks win anyways. Just not tonight. They are a better team and will show it next game.

#450 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:28 AM

if we're going to keep scoring 1 goal a game he's not going to make any difference

Say it again, it'll sound better next time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.