The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks 3 @ Vancouver Canucks 1

The Magician

One show the Canucks don't like to imitate.

220px-New60minutes.jpg

But seriously, even in game 1 at home, can't muster up a 60 minute effort. Turnover after turnover, barely saw a complete pass, couldn't get it out our own zone. Just nervous energy all over the place, like they didn't want to be there. Show some composure and aggresion you guys jeez, its just hockey, or maybe the 1st class millionaire lifestyle getting too you?

Im more dissapointed with myself for believing this team could turn it up during the playoffs when the evidence suggests otherwise.

Im less upset with the team and more upset with myself.

I see them play, but hope for more. Looks like they have no more to give. This is our team.

It wasnt that bad a game. Make some roster adjustments and move on. San Jose is a very deep team. Keep the top line and stick to proven line chemistry. Schroeder, Hansen and Raymond. Kesler, Higgins, Roy. Throw in more 4th line toughness and keep the D how it was. A few bounces the other way and we'd have won tonight.

My thoughts:

Luongo played really well. In fact, with Schneider's poor regular season performance, it wouldn't surprise me if the coaching staff told the doctors not to clear him to play. This way, you avoid the controversy of having him sitting on the bench, and you get to start Luongo who has a good history playing the Sharks. Especially after the last game vs the Oilers. He's got something to prove, and he played well.

We had some good chances. A few posts, and when we pulled Luo, we played great for that last minute.

This loss is on Kassian. Stupid freakin' penalty, and killed our momentum. Up until that point of the second, we were controlling.

We've GOT to be better on the dot.

Ebbett is the worst player in Canucks history.

It was 1 game. VERY evenly matched teams it's scary. We can play better than we did today. We can win, but series is most likely going to 7 and it'll take a bit of luck.

Henrik Sedin: "They shut us down. We tried to go up the middle to make plays and they weren't there. That's why they came back at us."

Henrik Sedin on beating Niemi: "He puts his paddle down and if we can get pucks upstairs, we're going to score a lot of goals."

Go watch the replay for the last two goals. That puck never should have squeezed out into the middle, and even if it did, that was Raymond's man to cover. Never should have went in.

The third goal, deflected off Hamhuis and past Luongo. He had the original shot covered but it deflected last second and there was no time to react to the deflection.

And you're right, he didn't get any goal support. The one goal the nucks got was garbage, Torres scored on his own net.

So explain to me how your sarcasm of our garbage goal excludes "having no goal support".

Switching things up everywhere on the team really has comfused the team

Not long ago

Their MVP goalie was on a winning streak

Kesler Roy Higgins line was working to take the load off the top line.

That Chicago game they were chugging along perfectly

Then the playoffs start

And its party time for AV

Its almost like he's giddy to change it all up, right before game #1. He does this every year. Things like flipping the defensive partners last year. He has a laughing fit at the press when he announced Schneider's "body injury". Its all an amusing game to him.

Also, IMO Lu played great. They should have won the game for him just from that one spectacular stop. He kept the team in the game long enough for them to take back the lead.

But it doesn't change the fact that the players had gotten used to adopting Cory as their #1, and were getting used to playing in front of his mostly stellar work. Its an adjustment to the system right at the wrong time. Add to that AV's other mad line hunches sowing disarray into the chemistry and it spelt disaster.

I'd rather stack the second, even with the drop off to the third and have two great lines instead of one great and two ok lines.

Get Well Tanev, please.

Go watch the replay for the last two goals. That puck never should have squeezed out into the middle, and even if it did, that was Raymond's man to cover. Never should have went in.

The third goal, deflected off Hamhuis and past Luongo. He had the original shot covered but it deflected last second and there was no time to react to the deflection.

And you're right, he didn't get any goal support. The one goal the nucks got was garbage, Torres scored on his own net.

So explain to me how your sarcasm of our garbage goal excludes "having no goal support".

Overall decent game. Defense was solid, hit were way up and bad giveaways were kept minimal. Just no damn offense, no classic Sedin shift or any kind of constant pressure. Sloppy in the O-zone.

Twins need to step up, Hank played angry vs LA, gotta get that man back. Think they come up big in game 2, hope so I got tickets..

Kes looked really meh tonight too.....

I keep telling myself "they are a good team, the Sedin's are still elite players, Kesler can flip the switch to beast mode anytime, AV has the well prepared."

The Canucks are just a bad addiction that I can't shake no matter what. It's such a Terrible love-hate relationship. Somebody punch me in the face.

Archived