The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks 3 @ Vancouver Canucks 1

The Magician

When was the last time a ref gave us more powerplays than the opposing team? Seem to think that's one thing to consider... However with a useless pp setup and drop passes and double clutching perhaps it didn't matter.

I think major shakeuos will occur after this round is up. The city is apathetic and so are the coach and team for 2 years

My thoughts:

Luongo played really well. In fact, with Schneider's poor regular season performance, it wouldn't surprise me if the coaching staff told the doctors not to clear him to play. This way, you avoid the controversy of having him sitting on the bench, and you get to start Luongo who has a good history playing the Sharks. Especially after the last game vs the Oilers. He's got something to prove, and he played well.

We had some good chances. A few posts, and when we pulled Luo, we played great for that last minute.

This loss is on Kassian. Stupid freakin' penalty, and killed our momentum. Up until that point of the second, we were controlling.

We've GOT to be better on the dot.

Ebbett is the worst player in Canucks history.

It was 1 game. VERY evenly matched teams it's scary. We can play better than we did today. We can win, but series is most likely going to 7 and it'll take a bit of luck.

because apparently Luongo gets a free ride when there is no goal support or 1 goal being scored i don't need to watch replays just saying would of been nice to see him save one of the last 2 goals after the way he played in the 1st period and 2nd

Switching things up everywhere on the team really has comfused the team

Not long ago

Their MVP goalie was on a winning streak

Kesler Roy Higgins line was working to take the load off the top line.

That Chicago game they were chugging along perfectly

Then the playoffs start

And its party time for AV

Its almost like he's giddy to change it all up, right before game #1. He does this every year. Things like flipping the defensive partners last year. He has a laughing fit at the press when he announced Schneider's "body injury". Its all an amusing game to him.

Also, IMO Lu played great. They should have won the game for him just from that one spectacular stop. He kept the team in the game long enough for them to take back the lead.

But it doesn't change the fact that the players had gotten used to adopting Cory as their #1, and were getting used to playing in front of his mostly stellar work. Its an adjustment to the system right at the wrong time. Add to that AV's other mad line hunches sowing disarray into the chemistry and it spelt disaster.

I'd rather stack the second, even with the drop off to the third and have two great lines instead of one great and two ok lines.

Get Well Tanev, please.

Wow. Thanks luuuuuuuuuuuu! That's why we love you, you tool. Flame away but he was to blame on goals 2 and 3. And about kassian, that was a stupid call on his penalty and he played pretty bad but give him another chance. He can shine.

Not long ago

Then the playoffs start

Its almost like he's giddy to change it all up, right before game #1. He does this every year. Things like flipping the defensive partners last year. He has a laughing fit at the press when he announced Schneider's "body injury". Its all an amusing game to him.

Also, IMO Lu played great. They should have won the game for him just from that one spectacular stop. He kept the team in the game long enough for them to take back the lead.

But it doesn't change the fact that the players had gotten used to adopting Cory as their #1, and were getting used to playing in front of his mostly stellar work. Its an adjustment to the system right at the wrong time. Add to that AV's other mad line hunches sowing disarray into the chemistry and it spelt disaster.

I'd rather stack the second, even with the drop off to the third and have two great lines instead of one great and two ok lines.

Get Well Tanev, please.

LOL@ anyone blaming Luongo or Kassian for the loss. Luongo was pretty solid, other than the 3rd goal. Kassian's penalty was a weak call by the refs. If you're gonna let them play hard and physical you can't just suddenly make a soft call like that. I would rather have Kassian playing aggressive and on the edge and take an occasional penalty than play soft. We need him out there banging bodies and intimidating the other team. Our problems are mostly due to our poor offense.

There are some positives to take from this. We carried the play for most of this.

Let be realistic for a moment.

All this game was, was bounces. That's it, I thought we carried the play from the 2nd period on.

Not long ago

Then the playoffs start

Get Well Tanev, please.

Decent game by both teams, but SJ definitely appeared to be the hungrier and better team, especially in the first period. I agree Kassian penalty totally stupid - any hit near the head, which you know they will call every time. One concern I do have about the Canucks are their POOR third periods this year, not just this game but all year long - way too many tied games where they lose out in the third. I dont have the stats but must be like 3:1 that they lose a third period. Then, there is ANOTHER Playoff Loss at home - 5 in a row now. I dont like their chances if they lose the next one. Win the next, and the 1:1 is what we expected. Go Nucks!

Archived