The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks 3 @ Vancouver Canucks 1

The Magician

I think we all keep waiting for this team to wake up and be the elite team they were in 2011 but they aren't that team and haven't been that team for a long time now. They show flashes of it like the Chicago game but they have no consistency whatsoever. The Canucks we saw tonight are the same ones we've seen all season long. There is no magical light switch.

Another lackluster effort against a team we should be able to beat. Sharks are no slouches but on paper the Canucks are better. If they can't beat the Sharks then what chance did they really have against the top teams in the league? I think deep down we all know that the Canucks aren't going to win the cup this year but not even bothering to play a 60 minute game in the playoffs is rather disheartening.

Anyways game 2 is like game 7 in my eyes. Win it and they are still in it but lose it? They're done.

first off not saying luongo was the reason we lost... we lost becasue we had no sustained offensive pressure and needed PPs to give us any momentum.. and we only scored 1 goal that said a 5 million dollar goalie is supposed to come up with some big saves to keep u in it ... luonog's biggest save was off of his own terrible rebound in the first... both goals in the 3rd were awful , the second goal he couldve easily covered but decided to jab at the puck infront of him with his blocker insted .. it ends up squirting out right on boyles stick for an empty net.... and the third goal if he has any reaction what so ever if he ever, twitches his left leg he probably stops it.... the fact is if a big save isnt even needed to stop the goal its probably a bad goal and both goals in the third didnt require a big save to stop them .. and they were both at a time where neither team was carrying the play .. tempo and hitting was way down and not a whole lot was happening. tthose are both bad goals at a terrible time.

Sorry for being negative towards Kassian.

I didn't know costing your team a goal (again) and not providing any offence (as usual) is made ok by throwing a few hits.

By that definition, Sestito can fill his role.

Still waiting for Kassian to "wake up" or "turn into a beast" once the playoffs start. As many of you said would happen. I'm sure this is all AVs fault somehow right?

I think your disappointment may be misplaced.

Everyone only need to look at the pieces Mike (Bold Moves) Gillis has put in place to see that the roster has gotten weaker the last couple of years with questionable moves and his inability to address issues that have been well known since that SCF loss.

Lack of scoring depth can't fall onto the coach.

LOL I logged in just to check out the reactions.

This is hilarious. What did you all expect exactly? Did you not see this team play for 48 games?

Not nearly good enough top end skill, horrendous coaching, toughness. It's the same old same old not sure why everyone is surprised.

I didn't know costing your team a goal (again) and not providing any offence (as usual) is made ok by throwing a few hits.

Still waiting for Kassian to "wake up" or "turn into a beast" once the playoffs start. As many of you said would happen. I'm sure this is all AVs fault somehow right?

I love how all these posters who never post on here come out and pretend like everything is doom and gloom after a loss.

Please get off the bandwagon, and go crawl back under your rocks.

Thanks bye.

In Jensen and Schroeder (im serious) Out: Ebbett and Kassian.

The only person that thinks Ebbett is better than Schroeder is...........AV.

Jensen over Kassian to wake him up and a game to sit and think about all the stupid plays he did in game 1.

Reunite the Higgins - Roy - Kesler line FFS ! It seems like once a line develop some sort of chemisty AV breaks them... just like the Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen line...

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Roy - Kesler

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Jensen - Lappiere - Weise

Go back and watch the highlights of the boston toronto game, graboski gets a headshot and there is no call. A little bump to A star like Couture and they get called on a weak penalty. Even AV himself said it was a BS call.

Also rather than singling out the green rookie... how about looking at our top line... and their magical disappearing sidekick el burro.

In Jensen and Schroeder (im serious) Out: Ebbett and Kassian.

The only person that thinks Ebbett is better than Schroeder is...........AV.

Jensen over Kassian to wake him up and a game to sit and think about all the stupid plays he did in game 1.

Reunite the Higgins - Roy - Kesler line FFS ! It seems like once a line develop some sort of chemisty AV breaks them... just like the Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen line...

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Roy - Kesler

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Jensen - Lappiere - Weise

Archived