The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Sedins era is Coming to an end

RAMBUTANS

Heres the thing about the Sedins...... They have never been fast, they have never had good shots, they have never been strong, they have never been great defensively. They basically play a "chess game" in which they use their i.q. and positioning to outsmart oponents. Unfortunately for them, it's hard to outsmart your opponent when they are always one step quicker than you, and not afraid to muscle you off the puck before you can make your next move.

They don't have the skillset that allows them to play well in to their late 30's as most of the players that do excel at that age are either stronger than them, or could skate circles around them. Unfortunate for them, and all of us fans.

The Sedins got better as the game went on, they still have a lot of hockey left in them.

Here is a song for all you people who just blow with the wind, nucks win the cups is ours, we lose fire or trade everyone

The apathetic, emotionless, old-boys club era needs to come to an end.

This includes Gillis (one of THE most boring personalities I've seen), AV, and the Sedin's.

The last two years have probably been THE most un-exciting hockey I've seen this team play and I firmly believe it comes from the top.

I believe there may be actually something to people in the hockey world I know claiming the Canucks dressing room is one of the most boring in the league.

They have already peaked 2 years ago. They are actually free-falling. Once the Canucks are bounced out in this SJ series in 4 maybe 5 games, I think management should prepare for life without them, also AV. Time to pass on the baton to Kesler and maybe re-tool with new young guys they could get for the Sedins trade.

The twins aren't in decline, but their style of play certainly isn't suited for aggressive, physical, playoff hockey. They can't expect to cycle and setup artsy plays like they do in the regular season. They need to find other ways to manufacture opportunities.

Yeah makes sense to trade your franchise players after they go 1-2 in club scoring.

There's no excuse for the twins getting shut down by a guy like Vlasic, but that's not entirely the twins fault. They need a change-up, and that should be with their winger. Get Burrows OFF the top line - he's been terrible with them of late, and the Sedins have played their best without him this season. Look at all their great goals - either 5-on-5, with Kassian or Hansen. Burrows really hasn't out-performed either of these other wingers, and in the playoffs we need the twins playing with a big, physical presence.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Kesler - Higgins

Hansen - Roy - Raymond

Weise - Lapierre - Sestito

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Corrado

Garrison - Alberts

In think it s unfair to throw them under the bus for what is failings as a team. It s hard to be productive when they are the only ones producing consistently. Opposition can target them and eliminate the teams potency. I think it goes to show how important consistent secondary scoring is. Having more than one target makes it hard for other teams to consentrate on one line. It is the team as a whole that needs to raise the level of play. Get back to simplicity. Get the puck to the net and crash it. that s playoff hockey. Maybe the Sedins and Burrows should be kept and the rest of the team should become expendable.

Oh. AV does need to go. If they are ousted in rnd 1, i think that becomes reality.

I truly believe a huge part of their poor play, and of other players, is because of AVs system. It has run stagnant. AV and the rest of the coaching staff needs to go, and the team needs to be introduced to a new system. Other teams have our current system figured out.

I truly believe a huge part of their poor play, and of other players, is because of AVs system. It has run stagnant. AV and the rest of the coaching staff needs to go, and the team needs to be introduced to a new system. Other teams have our current system figured out.

I feel it's coming to an end because of team management more so than their own abilities. They have shown what they're capable of with a solid puck movin d man and a quality right winger..( even with kesler) 2011 we were Rollin with kesler in front of the net and ehrhoff and edler on the point . I feel we just failed to surround the Sedins with good enough support players recently...

Archived