The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Workout Thread

Kitchen makes it or breaks it bro

Anyone use Anavar before?

I've started to kinda watch my calorie intake, but still very shoddy.

Do you have some music you like? I have a huge playlist I rifle through to get pumped. Also focus on your routine and form. I'm constantly judging my muscle fatigue and pushing myself. Can walk right by someone I know at the gym and not even see they're there, that's how focused I am.

yeah. I got like 10h worth of music on my phone... I just end up listening to it at home... And when I push myself, I just get to the point were I'm like. That'll do pig, that'll do...

don't you want to get jacked? lol like every single guy out there.

Don't you want to take your shirt off and have girls be like dayuum

:P :P :P :P :P

Of course. Unfortunately, I'm lazy as hell.

Isnt' that sufficient? Most guys I know want to get their workouts done as fast as possible and get on with their day.

Other ideas.. Go with someone? Hire a trainer? Have a checklist to work through? Do something other than go to the gym?

But I'm not even near fatigued when I leave the gym. All I do is run, lift weights. Go home.

I'm lonely. No money. Checklist too much work. Fap?

Edited by (>o.o)>

Isnt' that sufficient? Most guys I know want to get their workouts done as fast as possible and get on with their day.

Other ideas.. Go with someone? Hire a trainer? Have a checklist to work through? Do something other than go to the gym?

20 minutes? It takes me 10 minutes just to warm up on the elliptical and use the cables to fire up my arms.

Chen you need friends you loner. Workout with a friend and it'll be a lot easier.

I usually spend 1-2 hours now at the gym. Me and my friend take turns doing sets and spotting each other so we can get the extra few reps in so thats partially why it takes that long. We do a hell of a lot of excercises though.

If I go alone, I'm not AS motivated and cant really workout as hard because I dont have that spotter, and thus leave the gym sooner.

"Drinking 25 grams of fast-digesting whey protein, all at once and immediately after exercise, increases muscle protein synthesis more than drinking 25 grams of whey protein over 3 hours after exercise."

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/whey-vs-casein

many studies contradict this, Its more to do with getting carbs because after a workout muscle glycogen is depleted.

Chen you need friends you loner. Workout with a friend and it'll be a lot easier.

I usually spend 1-2 hours now at the gym. Me and my friend take turns doing sets and spotting each other so we can get the extra few reps in so thats partially why it takes that long. We do a hell of a lot of excercises though.

If I go alone, I'm not AS motivated and cant really workout as hard because I dont have that spotter, and thus leave the gym sooner.

I rather workout alone other than chest day. You don't really need a spotter for any other group imo.

I rather workout alone other than chest day. You don't really need a spotter for any other group imo.

Eh for the most part, but getting those extra 2 or 3 reps on bar curls, shoulder press is awesome.

And I just love switching back and forth, friend does his, I do mine, and so on.

I started working under a year ago, so it also helps me learn new workouts and such.

well you don't necessarily go with company just for a spotter. i'd say it helps to keep you there at the very least. especially if your issue is motivation. (although personally, i'd rather just be there to do my thing and not have to talk to anyone at all)

i've gone with a friend a couple of times. we don't stay together. we do our own workouts and then sort of jive our schedules to leave at around the same time. although it depends on the friend. some need company so i find my workout is much slower, BUT, like PlayStation, I do get to learn and add new things to my workout.

many studies contradict this, Its more to do with getting carbs because after a workout muscle glycogen is depleted.

Everything contradicts everything that's why I'd stop reading that crap and personally ask someone who has accomplished whatever it is you're trying to do. If you follow all the crap and broscience on the web, you're going to go in circles.

That's one of the best things I think you can do. If you don't have a proper spot or no spot at all, it seems really easy to plateau because there is never anyone there to help you push a few extra reps or an extra 10lbs. I blew past my bench plateau when I got my brother to come with me. Literally months later I can crank out an extra 50lbs on top of what I was doing on my own.

I've recently started squats and deadlifts as well.

And I love Vitaly, my favourite Youtuber.

And a proper spotter is a must! Allows you to push yourself to the max.

Anyone have experience with stretch marks on your arms from gaining muscle? Recently started going a lot to the gym.

Currently trying coconut oil which I read online.

Yeah man got huge ones at the front of my shoulders/biceps once my biceps started growing pretty big. Everyone was asking if I was on juice lol, wasn't though.

I tried bio-oil didn't really work, sitting in the sun helps a lot though. Mine used to be like dark purple in some areas and now they're mostly white but still noticeable...

So real important question here...

What keeps you guys motivated? Motivation is my biggest kryptonite so far...

Girls, beach. That's what does it for me, I live in the Okanagan so it's beach weather everyday haha.

32 degrees today already and supposed to be around 30 all week.

So real important question here...

What keeps you guys motivated? Motivation is my biggest kryptonite so far...

I'm a hockey player so its a little easier to stay motivated. I naturally like to work out and look good.

Girls are naturally attracted to guys who are well groomed with a nice body. that is somewhat motivational. If not working out with a friend is actually very underrated too.

So I tried using the motivations that you guys suggested, and yet I'm only able to workout for like 20-30min.

Going to the gym is not a problem. It's actually wanting to stay there. I'm not even tired when I leave the gym. Just insanely bored...

Not trying to get too personal here or anything.. But what sort of build do you have? Skinny? Overweight? Skinnyfat?

The reason I ask is because in my case, I found once I started developing some mass/definition, it became much more enjoyable to spend time at the gym. It's incredibly vein, but that's what happens. Getting a vascular pump going (nohomo) never gets old to me.

Not trying to get too personal here or anything.. But what sort of build do you have? Skinny? Overweight? Skinnyfat?

The reason I ask is because in my case, I found once I started developing some mass/definition, it became much more enjoyable to spend time at the gym. It's incredibly vein, but that's what happens. Getting a vascular pump going (nohomo) never gets old to me.

This, switch up your routines too, it gets boring doing the same thing in the gym everyday.

And try and go with someone, it makes it a lot less boring.

Girls, beach. That's what does it for me, I live in the Okanagan so it's beach weather everyday haha.

32 degrees today already and supposed to be around 30 all week.

Calgary doesn't really have a beach... :P

I'm a hockey player so its a little easier to stay motivated. I naturally like to work out and look good.

Girls are naturally attracted to guys who are well groomed with a nice body. that is somewhat motivational. If not working out with a friend is actually very underrated too.

Attracting women is an obviouis choice, but I'm so lazy... I also have no friends, who workout...

Skinny. I've noticed my arms getting bigger, but the strength is not quite here yet...

Calgary doesn't really have a beach... :P

Attracting women is an obviouis choice, but I'm so lazy... I also have no friends, who workout...

Skinny. I've noticed my arms getting bigger, but the strength is not quite here yet...

have you tried any programs?

Starting strength by mark rippetoe was a great program for me and it is very simple. It will add lots of strength and size.

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program