The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Workout Thread

Do you even lift?

We need a thread for all things exercise and working out. Feel free to discuss supplements, routines, meals, and everything else that goes along with exercising.

I'll start by asking what's everyone's goals for this summer? I'm probably looking to add another 5-10 pounds this summer, up 10 in the past 6 months, 5 or so of that 10 being in the last month or two.

Add? I'm hoping to drop another 20.

I typically go for a combo of cardio and free weights. Basically like doing a circuit, without using a circuit. It's great to start the day with a good workout.

• Upvote 1

Gonna start lifting heavily and eating right this summer, I've done it before but never really got into it. Right now I have the opposite of chicken legs from playing so much hockey.

Can anyone recommend a good cheap gym in and around the tricities. So far the cheapest seems to be Club16.

Body Beast is my new favorite work out. Today I just did Veritcal plyometrix from the insanity asylum series.

But after trying so many workouts, p90x is still the best overall work on the planet.

Plyo is hella fun. Hoping to add 20 pounds in the next few months, brozzzzz.

Gonna start lifting heavily and eating right this summer, I've done it before but never really got into it. Right now I have the opposite of chicken legs from playing so much hockey.

Can anyone recommend a good cheap gym in and around the tricities. So far the cheapest seems to be Club16.

nothing is cheaper then club 16

Body Beast is my new favorite work out. Today I just did Veritcal plyometrix from the insanity asylum series.

But after trying so many workouts, p90x is still the best overall work on the planet.

p90x to me is more of a toner rather than muscle gainer. I feel that other than the excessive amounts of chinups and pushups, it wasn't working enough for me after the first 90 days so I went to my own routine.

I'll work:

Monday: Chest, cardio

Tuesday: Legs, core

Wednesday: Shoulders and back, cardio

Thursday: Semi-rest day. Core

Friday: Arms (mostly bis, little tris), cardio

Saturday: Arms (more tris and forearms, little bis), core

Sunday: Rest day.

I kept this routine fairly well through my university year, but with work this summer I'll probably have to squeeze the days a little more. Put on 20 pounds from August to March!

You can get ephedrine from GNC. Do 3 x 8mcg tabs with 200 aspirin and you're good.

I have a personal trainer 4 times a week. Bulked up to 224 this winter. Started cutting on Jan 1st. Weighed in at 203 on Monday at 23% body fat.

Hoping to get down to 185 by summer. Should be pretty lean by then. Hope around 13-16% body fat.

I do HHIT cardio. I do dead treads. Unplug your treadmill and run on it for 15 seconds and walk for 45 seconds. Repeat for 25 minutes. Pushing the track on the treadmill with the motor off is brutal. My legs are destroyed the next day.