The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Workout Thread

Damn.

minor injury again.  Dunno if it’s a mild sprain or small fracture in my foot.  And I have no idea how it happened.

im pissed.  Seems like I can’t go a month and a half without getting hurt.  Been like this for close to two years.

22 hours ago, riffraff said:

Damn.

minor injury again.  Dunno if it’s a mild sprain or small fracture in my foot.  And I have no idea how it happened.

im pissed.  Seems like I can’t go a month and a half without getting hurt.  Been like this for close to two years.

That sucks 

I have a small something in my arm still that is making my chin ups tough. I have to probably address it soon but like you I hate taking time off.

Hopefully you can find something you can do to keep the blood flowing.

Edited by bishopshodan

3 hours ago, riffraff said:

Damn.

I have what I'm pretty sure is a heavily strained infraspinatus and teres.

Ulnar nerve is compressed, constant tricep, lateral elbow, lateral forearm pain with pins and needles into the pinky and ring finger.

Haven't picked up a weight in 8 days. Just cardio. I feel depressed lol 

• Cheers 1

This happened 2months ago but for 2weeks my upped butt or lower back nerve or bone hurt like hell with any movement. Once I was working and picking up stuff it was painful but better till I sit down for a bit. Then the pain would be insane to stand up. At soccer I couldn't sprint for 2weeks just a mediun fast jog with lower back pain

I googled it but none of the side affects matched. I think it was a nerve thing but no idea. Never had such an injury before.

Oh ya injury happened at soccer when a guy knocked me onto my tailbone and couldn't run rest of the game  even walking hurt first 72hours. Lying down hurt terribly to

8 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I have what I'm pretty sure is a heavily strained infraspinatus and teres.

Ulnar nerve is compressed, constant tricep, lateral elbow, lateral forearm pain with pins and needles into the pinky and ring finger.

Haven't picked up a weight in 8 days. Just cardio. I feel depressed lol 

Now you’re talking.B)

18 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Website looks like some sort Crossfit. 

Is it much different?

I haven't done crossfit, but it is similar from what I hear. The difference is that you have two trainers with you the whole time making sure your form and technique is right so you don't injure yourself. It made a huge difference for my life. I lost 25 lbs in my first two months and put a lot of muscle on. I am 44 and I am in better shape now then when I was in my late 20s early 30s playing hockey.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

please tell us more about this program.

I am considering franchising it.

I am also considering it. I am a total believer in this program because of the results it gave me in a short time. It is hard work, but all you do is show up and do the exercises they have laid out in the allotted time and then that's it. My wife and I work out together and we are in the best shape of our lives. I also like the fact that there are no egos at the gym. Everyone is gassed at the end and you all high five each other because you have just been through the wringer together and it builds a sense of community and accomplishment.

Edited by Ohthehumanity
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BPA said:

What's the membership costs for the F45?

Been lacking the self motivation lately.

Sometimes I need a little pep talk but don't need someone yelling in my face.

:)

It says it is $65 per week, but you can get a deal when you go in there because we do. They usually have summer deals on. Which location are you thinking about? Don't worry about the yelling. They come by during the class and move around to each of the members to keep an eye out for poor technique, but they will also say in a calm and kind voice "c'mon man, two more reps, you got this." The North Langley gym is where we go and it is awesome because of the owners, and the trainers!

Edited by Ohthehumanity

1 minute ago, Ohthehumanity said:

It says it is $65 per week, but you can get a deal when you go in there because we do. They usually have summer deals on. Which location are you thinking about?

Probably the new Burnaby location. 

Have to sell the idea to the CFO first.

:P

10 minutes ago, HI5 said:

Where would you rank f45ers amongst cross fitters, orange theorists, lagree enthusiasts and tough mudders? 

To be honest, I haven't done OTF or Cross Fit, or Tough Mudders so I can't give any feedback there. I know we have people come from OTF to F45 and they love it. The thing about F45 is that Mon, Wed, Fri, are all cardio based/dynamic workouts, and believe me you will work hard and sweat a ton. Tues, Thurs, and Sunday are all strength based resistance work outs, and then Saturday is an hour long class as opposed to the regular 45 minute class and it combines strength and cardio, but they bring in a real live DJ for the class and its fun.

Just know when you go on Saturday to the Hollywood class, know that when the break time hit after the first half hour, realize you have to go around again. I made the mistake of thinking we were done and was patting myself on the back for a job well done, and then realized I had to do it again, and I almost crapped myself because I had already mentally checked out haha.

Edited by Ohthehumanity
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, HI5 said:

Where would you rank f45ers amongst cross fitters, orange theorists, lagree enthusiasts and tough mudders

hahaha,

I always though tough mudder should end with stage where people just hurl insults at you, right when you are almost about to break they just hammer the negative comments in your direction trying to get you to quit.

In this day and age when everyone is so sensitive about the words they use I think it would be a good element to add to the challenge. Extra mental tough mudder-ness.

28 minutes ago, Monty said:

It’s Friday, which means leg day in 5 minutes. Which means I’m going to be sore for the next 4 days.

Thanks, out of shape body :( 

You're an inspiration. You are keeping consistent which is most important imo.

I'm sure you are stretching more and warming up properly. Keep really hydrated at all times and maybe treat yourself to an epsom salt bath later if  you think you might be sore ( even an ice bath if you want to feel like a pro athlete)

Lightly stretch on you off days too. I also read that you could try anti-inflammatory foods too, pineapples, tart cherries...

• Thanks 1