The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Workout Thread

Got my 20 year high school reunion at the end of May. Was certainly not the motivation at all, but it’s certainly a little nice to see that in high school I was one of the most out of shape people (of the men anyway), and now I’m certainly far from the most out of shape.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Monty said:

Got my 20 year high school reunion at the end of May. Was certainly not the motivation at all, but it’s certainly a little nice to see that in high school I was one of the most out of shape people (of the men anyway), and now I’m certainly far from the most out of shape.

Right on.  You should take pride in that.  Everyone has a choice.

go get a nice new shirt and pants and “wear” the heck out of it.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Right on.  You should take pride in that.  Everyone has a choice.

go get a nice new shirt and pants and “wear” the heck out of it.

Bit of a “humblebrag”, but my father is somewhat “wealth off”, to put it nicely. But the type of father that, once me and my brothers turned 18, didn’t give us a dime or references, which we all knew growing up and appreciated. Is still very, very careful to not give us anything.

However, last year he gave us a gift certificate to get a dress shirt tailored by his Italian tailor. Not only have I never touched material that high end, I’ve certainly never worn anything that expensive. Anyway, I got it finished in December, after 5 months of waiting for it to be finished. Needless to say, it’s mint. Going to wear the sh*t out of that.

Or just wear this (tattoo not included):

5240C168-72D2-4B85-B960-2D84F622841F.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Monty said:

Bit of a “humblebrag”, but my father is somewhat “wealth off”, to put it nicely. But the type of father that, once me and my brothers turned 18, didn’t give us a dime or references, which we all knew growing up and appreciated. Is still very, very careful to not give us anything.

However, last year he gave us a gift certificate to get a dress shirt tailored by his Italian tailor. Not only have I never touched material that high end, I’ve certainly never worn anything that expensive. Anyway, I got it finished in December, after 5 months of waiting for it to be finished. Needless to say, it’s mint. Going to wear the sh*t out of that.

Or just wear this (tattoo not included):

5240C168-72D2-4B85-B960-2D84F622841F.jpeg

Find one with a collar.

Done!

• Haha 1

Did my first wall squat yesterday 

TUL

face wall basically nose almost touching the wall, arms out and down with palms facing wall

start in squat and slowly raise but not to a full stand one minute up and one minute down.

intense.

try it.

Edited by riffraff

35 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Did my first wall squat yesterday 

TUL

face wall basically nose almost touching the wall, arms out and down with palms facing wall

start in squat and slowly raise but not to a full stand one minute up and one minute down.

intense.

try it.

Image result for wall squats face wall gif

???

So basically don't let anyone watch?  :lol: 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, riffraff said:

Tried “box breathing” last night before bed.

on my second try I was able to count my reps to 10 without messing up the sequence.  Very calming.  I recommend.

I tried it last night but neither of us really felt anything substantial. 

Insert Price is Right losing horn audio clip here

3 minutes ago, Kryten said:

I tried it last night but neither of us really felt anything substantial. 

Insert Price is Right losing horn audio clip here

How long?......admittedly I did it after about 1/2 hour of stretching 

Edited by riffraff

• 2 weeks later...

March 21st is around the corner, which means I’ve been working out for one year straight. 

Changed workout routine this week from circuit training to now focusing on growth in chest, arms, and back.

2 hours ago, riffraff said:

Tonight I tried a martial art called Kali.

Weapons!!!!!

i got to sword fight to Led Zeppelin

Well, since you're still posting on this site, I assume you won the duel.  Congrats!   (Tough break for that other guy though)