Sign in to follow this  
PlayStation

The Workout Thread

Posted (edited)

Where do you guys buy supplements? I don't mean gym specific products but health supplements in general. I'm always keen on trying new things. I see some online for $19 dollars, for example. Then I see them at a local health store for twice the price. I'm inclined to bite the bullet and pay twice as much for the supplements at the store. I read reviews about iHerb and Piping Rock and there are a lot of nightmare stories such as Piping Rock being based in the US, despite a Canadian website in Canadian currency, only for you to later get tacked with shipping and duty fees they don't tell you about. I have a post office box across the border but that's not an option until July. 

Edited by Tortorella's Rant

38 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

My gym opens tomorrow.

I have my workout time booked.

It's like Christmas Eve!

Same. Booked for June and July.

8 minutes ago, Monty said:

Same. Booked for June and July.

Lucky. My gyms website wouldn’t let me book past this week :/

2 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Lucky. My gyms website wouldn’t let me book past this week :/

That sucks. Really fortunate to not only be able to book for the next two months, but to be able to go to the gym to begin with.

What gyms do you guys go too? Mines doesn't look like its even going to re-open. I went to steve nash-fitness world. And man this booking system seems like it will be a nuisance to work around. 

25 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

What gyms do you guys go too? Mines doesn't look like its even going to re-open. I went to steve nash-fitness world. And man this booking system seems like it will be a nuisance to work around. 

Bruh .... Steve Nash fitness world went bankrupt and all their locations perma-closed lol.

It was announced back in March. Hope you haven't been paying your monthly fees to a bankrupt company!

5 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Bruh .... Steve Nash fitness world went bankrupt and all their locations perma-closed lol.

It was announced back in March. Hope you haven't been paying your monthly fees to a bankrupt company!

I haven't but damn, didn't know they were fully done. Sucks I was about five minutes away from one. Guess it's to start looking for a new gym whichever ones are even reopening. Any recommendations lol.

1 minute ago, Silky mitts said:

I haven't but damn, didn't know they were fully done. Sucks I was about five minutes away from one. Guess it's to start looking for a new gym whichever ones are even reopening. Any recommendations lol.

Can't beat Club16's $4/week membership.

• Hydration 1

I live in Manitoba, but belong to Snap Fitness. Have been to 8 locations throughout Canada. In BC, have only been to the one in Chilliwack.

• Hydration 1

10 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Whereabouts are you located?

12 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Can't beat Club16's $4/week membership.

Considering them, someone told me the dumbells don't run up too high in weight? Don't know if this is true or not, I would need to go up to 85 atleast minimum 

5 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Whereabouts are you located?

Currently in Surrey 

4 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Currently in Surrey 

I go to elevation fitness in the Panorama Ridge/Sullivan Heights kind of area. Price is just okay ($43 or something like that) but the gym is pretty dam good for the common gym goer and the space is huge- like 28000 square feet or something like that. 

• Vintage 1

7 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

Considering them, someone told me the dumbells don't run up too high in weight? Don't know if this is true or not, I would need to go up to 85 atleast minimum 

In Langley they go up to above 100

• Vintage 1

Mini cardio booths now for all cardio machines at my gym.

Also oddly enough I got a bit stronger since taking a month and a half break of doing nothing. Think my body really just needed a long unintended break just like that. Joints feel a lot better for all my lifts.

9DAB4F5F-4768-4C98-A4C5-FE7F301D5F16.jpeg

GoodLife is starting to reopen soon is some provinces.  I doubt my club in Ontario will be open anytime soon.  Looks like I'll be stuck with pushups and my 10lb weights for a couple more months.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

God that felt amazing. 

My scheduled workout is in 40 minutes. Even though I've been working out at home the past 2 months, I'm really looking forward to changing up my workout routine and actually being in the gym.

Edited by Monty

2 minutes ago, Monty said:

My scheduled workout is in 40 minutes. Even though I've been working out at home the past 2 months, I'm really looking forward to changing up my workout routine and actually being in the gym.

I was like a kid released into chuck e cheese. 

• Haha 1