The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Workout Thread

On 6/4/2020 at 1:13 PM, Tortorella's Rant said:

Use straps; hand strength is almost irrelevant

I don't use any equipment. Don't really see the purpose. Always get to the point where my grip strength is not the issue. If my grip strength is lagging, I'd prefer to build that up, rather than increase my deadlift even more to find out that my grip lags even further.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Van40 said:

Hope the new investor is willing to slash their prices in half to try and even compete with their competitors. Club 16 at $16/month isn’t even the cheapest anymore. Meanwhile Steve Nash was charging $40+ for half the quality 

Edited by NucksPatsFan

The last few years I've focused on getting leaner and getting my body fat % into a healthy range. I've mentioned before that I've gone from 180lbs (30% bf) to 150lbs (15% bf) which has been a big change in my life. My focus was on a healthy lifestyle and being able to do things I wasn't able to before like big hikes, running a half marathon, etc.

My new goal is to add muscle. I'm happy with my body size/shape and the things I can do, but it's good to have goals. I don't expect I'll ever have a six pack.. it's more about learning about myself and the biomechanics of eating and working out. I'm older (47) so I do understand that it'll be harder to add and keep but we will see where the next 8 weeks takes me. Will keep you peeps updated!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, Monty said:

Can you book a month out in advance, or is your gym not setup for that?

As of now I can only book up to three workouts in advance . So it is quite annoying trying to squeeze in workouts especially when you can't get the time slots you need especially around work. A whole month would be great, lucky you man!

2 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

As of now I can only book up to three workouts in advance . So it is quite annoying trying to squeeze in workouts especially when you can't get the time slots you need especially around work. A whole month would be great, lucky you man!

Yeah, very fortunate to be able to book months in advance. Also gives me the motivation not to skip. Not that I was going to, but the idea that I’m taking up someone’s spot if I don’t show up just adds more fuel to my workout. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

My gym is finally opening on Monday, and looks like they have some interesting rules. 

• Members will be permitted to book into pre-scheduled 1-hour time-slots, up to 7-days in advance of their Club reopening.
  • To ensure everyone has a chance to work out, Members are permitted to book only ONE (1) time block per day however, they are welcome to try and walk-in at any other time block, as many times as they like, on the same day. 
  • To ensure everyone has a chance to work out, Members are permitted to use any Club location that is included in their current Membership.
  • Members who no-show on their Club access bookings more than twice in a 2-week period will be unable to book for 7 days. These Members will be permitted to walk-in, if space is available.
  • At the end of a workout timeslot, all Member’s must leave the Club, regardless of their Club entry time.
  • Club capacity is calculated on a Club-by-Club basis on the square footage of the Club and the bookable areas.
  • Members who have not shown up for their workout, at 15 minutes after the beginning of their booking time slot, may have their spots given away if there are walk-in Members waiting to enter.

https://vm.tiktok.com/J1pFnGs/

Lighttttt weight babbbbbyyyyy!

My gym wants to reopen on the 29th, just have to wait for Ford to give them the green light.

In the meantime I guess "Sally" will do.  I wish I never met Sally...

Edited by BoKnows

58 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

My gym wants to reopen on the 29th, just have to wait for Ford to give them the green light.

Took a while to realize your were referring to Rob Ford and not Ford Motorsports.  Or this:

Atlas Mobile Gym on Twitter: "@AtlasMobileGym offers private in ...

Edited by Tre Mac
  • Haha 1