The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Workout Thread

My lifts are coming back too. Pre covid I was able to do a full set of 10 bench press at 205lbs. Did 8 reps with no spotter.

Think my squat is still down about 20lbs, but that's coming back too. Precovid I was going sets of 5 at 255lbs. Did 235lbs the other day and it felt like I had a little more.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

managed 5 reps of 170 for BP today

aiming for 170 to be my weight by winter solstice

Yay?

I think the only way I can get down to 170 is if I go focus less on weights, and more on cardio for the next 3 months.

Edited by Monty

4 minutes ago, Monty said:

I'm 5'11". Have a tough time even wanting to go down to 170 after lifting for a year, now. However, if I hit 200 (190 right now), that'll be a tough pill to swallow.

Mobility is tough. I prefer flexibility etc over size.

Nothing worse than stiff shoulders lol.

Week 6.

Loving it.

199lbs on the scale and getting some nice development. 

Doing lots of different exercises, keeping the body confused but staying with the one muscle group per day mixed with core and cardio. 

Cardio is coming back , thinking about getting more runs in and doing a 10k. Last year I was doing 5k's in 25mins so my goal is to do 10k sub 50mins. Always used to do the Sunrun but my best time was 54mins I think.

Haven't really ever focused on just the body without martial arts but I am finding it very rewarding. That said, might start training and teaching some boxing with my buddy and his sons down the road.

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, BoKnows said:

If you're going to stand 2 ft in front of the dumbbell rack don't get mad at people coming within 6 ft of you...

That's annoying, I cant imagine getting into an argument in the gym. My blood is already pumping, could be hard to keep my cool. 

I am lucky at our gym. I get there at 6am and there is always less than 10 peeps in the whole place.

I have noticed that some people that use the dumbbells don't wipe the hand grips off after they use them. Most are good when finishing on the machines but the free weights are often just placed back on the rack. I have upped my wiping game to before and after use.