The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Workout Thread

Anyone else here doing p90x or have done p90x? I'm on day 33 right now and slowly seeing some results. Would like to know when the results become quite noticeable. Is it after month two?

I did it. I noticed the most results after about the second month.

The third month I kind of hit a plateau and didn't really see much more results.

IMO P90X only gets you so far. It's great for building a bit of muscle, but it's mostly just toning and getting fit.

I find that shorter more intense workouts, and lifting heavier as opposed to more reps, has had more results for me.

ya stretch marks are common for me by my rotator cuffs, lats, and arms. I use the stuff for new mothers lol

Also, i see many people with curls backs doing deadlifts and its only a matter of time before they snap their $#!+ up, hope thats not you

That was me, curled my back once near the end of a set and couldn't walk without pain for about 2 weeks. Been scared to try deadlifts again since I know the pain.

Same here, and if you add brown rice and pea protein to it you get an even better protein profile. But hemp seed alone is pretty good. I add a big scoop to coconut yogurt or in my smoothies.

Uggh I bought pea protein and couldn't use it. It was WAY to strong of a pea taste and I do like peas too. Wen't back to whey for when I don't get enough chicken, etc. in a day.

That was me, curled my back once near the end of a set and couldn't walk without pain for about 2 weeks. Been scared to try deadlifts again since I know the pain.

Uggh I bought pea protein and couldn't use it. It was WAY to strong of a pea taste and I do like peas too. Wen't back to whey for when I don't get enough chicken, etc. in a day.

gotta drink protein for the results not the taste, but i know what you mean, i mix bananas, berries and peanut butter in sometimes to make it taste good. Edited by canucks#01fan

I was working out twice a week at a gym, but I got lazy and took a month off. I finally went back on Monday, but now my membership is up, lol. Oh well.

Also, I like working out with the classic methods. Just diet and exercise, no fancy protein drinks and stuff.

I was working out twice a week at a gym, but I got lazy and took a month off. I finally went back on Monday, but now my membership is up, lol. Oh well.

Also, I like working out with the classic methods. Just diet and exercise, no fancy protein drinks and stuff.

Mines just exercise... Too lazy to watch my diet...

I go probably 5-6 times a week.

Edited by (>o.o)>

I love the taste of my protein, zero complaints other than its the same taste over and over.

I take Iso sensation currently.

I love the taste of my protein, zero complaints other than its the same taste over and over.

I take Iso sensation currently.

currently taking gold standard 100% whey, but only take it when cutting, usually get protein from my food

Also, protein pancakes are awesome, just throwing that out there

I had to buy a home gym (second hand, only cost a couple hundered) just because I found that the hardest part about working out was actually getting up and out of my house to go for a run or go to the gym (which is a shame because I actually have a free gym membership as a part of my work).

Been doing a lot more workouts since I made that purchase. Get a good workout in 3 or 4 times a week now.

Ussually focus on whatever 2 or 3 body parts, and throw in a 20 minutes cardio at the end.

I am naturally big (in the shoulders especially), lots of muscle and a little bit of fat on top of it, so I mostly just do toning and cardio work.

Been flirting around 200lbs the past few months but have never reached it. I should probably drop down to about 185lbs or so. Tried to cut down on junky food, but that's been a pretty useless endeavour so far.

Edited by Jägermeister

I had to buy a home gym (second hand, only cost a couple hundered) just because I found that the hardest part about working out was actually getting up and out of my house to go for a run or go to the gym (which is a shame because I actually have a free gym membership as a part of my work).

Been doing a lot more workouts since I made that purchase. Get a good workout in 3 or 4 times a week now.

Ussually focus on whatever 2 or 3 body parts, and throw in a 20 minutes cardio at the end.

I am naturally big (in the shoulders especially), lots of muscle and a little bit of fat on top of it, so I mostly just do toning and cardio work.

Been flirting around 200lbs the past few months but have never reached it. I should probably drop down to about 185lbs or so. Tried to cut down on junky food, but that's been a pretty useless endeavour so far.

That's something I was going to do then I realized how much it cost. I abandoned that idea really quick :lol:

Come on AJ! Stick to it! Once you start seeing tiny results, it will just morivate you to keep going! New membership, next week!

Protein drinks arent really "fancy" its pretty essential if your lifting. Unless your able to get your protein else where in whole foods.

Also there are plenty of apps to track what you eat and to see if you meet your needs for protein, carbs, etc.

Edited by PlayStation

Yeah. You definitely need someother flavours in there to make is at least somewhat appetizing. Like mixed with hemp seed and dressing on a nice bed of salad

Personally, if I am just going to have a protein shake (water + protein) I use VEGA's Sport Performance Protein. It is all plant based and unlike whey, there is no 'window' for using it e.g. immediately after excercise to get effective results. It consitently gets top marks from most sports nutritionists. And it doesn't taste like crap.

Edited by SILLY GOOSE

Yeah. You definitely need someother flavours in there to make is at least somewhat appetizing. Like mixed with hemp seed and dressing on a nice bed of salad

Personally, if I am just going to have a protein shake (water + protein) I use VEGA's Sport Performance Protein. It is all plant based and unlike whey, there is no 'window' for using it e.g. immediately after excercise to get effective results. It consitently gets top marks from most sports nutritionists. And it doesn't taste like crap.

the window thing is a myth. Ecen with whey.

You definitely don't need protein drinks etc if you are eating well and getting all your nutritional requirements from your meals alone. That said, if you are working out quite hard and on a daily basis, your body definitely needs proper nutrition inorder to recover and continue training effectively afterwards. I guess supplements like protein powders are just a specialized way of making sure your body gets what it needs.

I like to get my nutrients from nutrient dense foods first, and on particularly hard days add something like a protein shake.