Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Honestly AV is getting out-coached again!

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#31 Ginu

Ginu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:44 AM

Nobody beats AV at the chewing gum game...
Posted Image

#32 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,495 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:47 AM

The Canucks were obliterated in the playoff circle and that is the job of Gillis to provide-and he did not.

#33 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:49 AM

omg someone agrees with me.

Like how av stuck with kassian in top 6 even after the crappy penalty

You want to know what would REALLY show that AV is clueless? If he eventually sticks Kassian on 1st line with the Sedins (after refusing to do that all regular season which would have been an opportune time to build chemistry), CDC should understand that AV really has no idea.

#34 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:51 AM

The Canucks were obliterated in the playoff circle and that is the job of Gillis to provide-and he did not.

SJ is one of the best faceoff teams in the league

Unless you don't want Hank, Kesler, Lapierre taking draws, not sure what to say.
Missing Malholtra obviously hurts.

#35 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,108 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:00 AM

Someone with some effin balls command the Sedins to shoot the f#@cking puck.

Once that happens we might get somehwere.

So goddamn sick of them being above reproach.

Shoot the effin puck already.

Hank wide open on the PP 8 feet from the goalie in the slot after we move the puck around and get them out of postion ... and he treats it like a fricking practice where he's screwing around. Of course we aren't winning when are stars play like crap.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#36 skyfall

skyfall

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:13 AM

Top three Lines should be:

Sedins burrows
Higgins Kes Roy
Raymond lappy Hansen

This whole centre matchup thing is overrated. The 4th line barely plays so double shift lappy on that line.

Roy is a playmaker and is perfect feeding Kes or Higgins. This line could create more than the Sedins.

The game breakers are the players on the top 2 lines. They should all be together to maximize scoring chances. The difference in the game are going to come from plays based on pure talent. Couture roofed it plus the Sharks got lucky. The canucks got a lucky goal but luck just evens out. Hard work gives them a chance but They need to control their fate through maximizing talent.

#37 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:14 AM

So then the front line wasn't SEDIN-SEDIN-BURROWS?

if not then that's AV fault, but if that was the line and no scoring from the Sedin's you can hardly blame that on AV as that line has been together for awhile.

AV had the last change but wasn't using it he was just rolling his lines and not trying to get the twins out vs lines they would have a better chance with. This is one of the benefits of home ice and it was lost because of coaching.

Playing untested lines for the first game of the playoffs without trying them out in the regular season first for the second year in a row???? This is not preseason he needed to plan what he wanted for lines in the last few weeks of the season and try them out, see if they work. We can't afford to drop playoff games in the intrest of testing new ideas.

Cory was put in net (practice) to soon and hurt again, another coaching choice that could affect the series.

Anyone who can't see problems with AV's coaching in the playoffs needs to rethink what AV is actually doing.

#38 nitti999

nitti999

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:24 AM

First of all AV is to blame for his players not performing to there best. He is responsible for pushing them. The team had issues all night gaining position across both blue lines. This is also coaching. And thirdly he is responsible for constantly mixing his line combos so that there is a lack of chemistry along with playing that useless Ebbett. Yes the players own some of the responsibility but they were bound to fail last night

#39 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,688 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

This morning when I got out of bed I bumped the dresser with my toe.

GOD DAMN U AV THIS IS YER FULT.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,474 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

should have coached the dresser into a better position.

Bad positioning=bad coaching

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#41 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

POPULAR

AV spent the night with you? Ebbet is going to be pissed!!

#42 XX_canucks33_XX

XX_canucks33_XX

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:34 AM

EBBET over Schroed??????? why split Roy and Kes so that we could just have a legit 3rd C?

Why rest key players against Edmonton....so that no injuries may occur...so that players are rested before the playoff run?? For goodness sakes, its EDMONTON....what harm could they do to the Canucks???? Injuries....sure but isnt it injuries are part of the game....besides IMO, you dont go soft before the playoff game. In the last game of the regular season, this is the time you psych ur players to play like they are in the PLAYOFFs!!!!

If AV or the team will not make any improvements or allow the Sharks outplay them again in next game....IM afraid it would be a sweep. If that happens, time to get rid of AV and get a new coach that could motivate and make this team a mean team and not push-overs during the playoff.

#43 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,309 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

As critical of the team as I have been this season I thought they played a pretty good game last night. A lot of that had to do with AV. They played a physical game which they have to do. I loved the fact that AV put both Weise and Kassian back out immediately after their penalties. It was obvious that they were playing the AV game plan and he was sticking by them. Hopefully it pays off next game. The poor FO % was a killer for Van but I was encouraged with their ability to move the puck up the ice. The PP might have overhandled the puck a little to much. The Bieksa approach is a better option IMHO.

#44 SILLY GOOSE

SILLY GOOSE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,256 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:44 AM

As a long time av hater I personally don't think this games on him. This game lies on the twins and kesler.

And I am by no means an AV hater, but you've got to wonder why he does not have Higgins and Roy playing together. Flip the centers and see what happens

Raymond Kesler Kassian

Higgins Roy Hansen

0au3Jj.gifhuntersmalll.jpg

#45 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,205 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

As a long time av hater I personally don't think this games on him. This game lies on the twins and kesler. Everyone saidcour star players need to shine for us to win this series. And they didn't last night. Kesler and hank could barely mustard a faceoff tie while Daniel looked like he was scared to shoot for some reason. Mason Raymond was more effective than the twins last night. That's not good

I agree, and as a result the Canucks played Ketchup all night

#46 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,205 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

As critical of the team as I have been this season I thought they played a pretty good game last night. A lot of that had to do with AV. They played a physical game which they have to do. I loved the fact that AV put both Weise and Kassian back out immediately after their penalties. It was obvious that they were playing the AV game plan and he was sticking by them. Hopefully it pays off next game. The poor FO % was a killer for Van but I was encouraged with their ability to move the puck up the ice. The PP might have overhandled the puck a little to much. The Bieksa approach is a better option IMHO.

agreed Boudrias........I thought they actually played well enough to win.........all of them but three. The twins were complete no shows, but at least they were kind of a neutral factor..........Kesler was actually counter productive out there. IMO, I think it's time for the club and kesler to part ways. I was no fan of Lu's game last night either. He made some god saves, but as is often the case with Luongo, it was poor positioning and poor rebound control that put him in a position where he has to make a "spectacular" save. He wasn't the reason they lost, but that game could have easily been stolen.

#47 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:51 AM

AV spent the night with you? Ebbet is going to be pissed!!

hahaha lol that made me laugh

#48 skyfall

skyfall

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

And I am by no means an AV hater, but you've got to wonder why he does not have Higgins and Roy playing together. Flip the centers and see what happens

Raymond Kesler Kassian

Higgins Roy Hansen

I still think that 2nd line is futile offensively... those guys all need playmakers or else it's just more perimeter shots and boards play. Roy is a playmaker and can spark Kesler and whoever else.

Roy and Higgins together may be ok but Hansen is better going for the grittier type of goals. He'd be better on a line with Lappy.

The 1st and 2nd lines should score clean goals like roofers or from sick passing plays. The 3rd line should go for the ugly, gritty goals sparked by chaos like we saw yesterday.

I watched a lot of hockey to know that playing just to get ugly goals does not give you any advantage. At some point there has to be some pure offense that makes the difference in the game I'd rather stack the deck and let them roll rather than have "spread out scoring" which in reality means 3 mediocre lines.

#49 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:56 AM

He should make everyone do suicides like in basketball. Just completely kick their asses for that aweful 7 minute game

#50 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

agreed Boudrias........I thought they actually played well enough to win.........all of them but three. The twins were complete no shows, but at least they were kind of a neutral factor..........Kesler was actually counter productive out there. IMO, I think it's time for the club and kesler to part ways. I was no fan of Lu's game last night either. He made some god saves, but as is often the case with Luongo, it was poor positioning and poor rebound control that put him in a position where he has to make a "spectacular" save. He wasn't the reason they lost, but that game could have easily been stolen.

I would be pretty happy if Lu can keep coming up with God saves
Then we could call him Jesus

Edited by CanucksJay, 02 May 2013 - 09:01 AM.

#51 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

Raymond Kesler Kassian

Higgins Roy Hansen

You may not be a hater but I am glad to see that even AV supporters are logical enough to question this move.
They showed amazing chemistry where Roy has even openly said that Higgins ALWAYS seems to be open.
There was absolutely NO reason for this change except a "hunch"

#52 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

The twins were no shows because AV was not using his last change. Home ice, who needs home ice advantage we have Ebbet for gods sake!!!!

#53 dildo_baggins

dildo_baggins

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

For those that say AV has nothing to do with the loss... OFCOURSE HE DOES

You say our stars didn't show up but it's kind of hard to show up when your dumb coach breaks up line combos that click. We knew going in that Sedins don't play well when they are the only ones that can be counted on to score goals. NOTHING has changed. We KNEW we would need scoring by committee rather than a strategy of rely on the Sedins to score and make lines 2-4 checking lines...

Who's the genius that split up Higgins Roy Kesler? That WAS our secondary scoring.
Who's the genius that split up Raymond Schroeder Hansen? That WAS our 3rd scoring line.

And then we cry that our stars couldn't muster up any offence...

lol

We have a Winner - close the thread !!

The players need to stop making excuses and start playing more then 20 mins a Game..
it may work against the NW Divison in the regular season.. but this is the play offs..

This may be what "WE (fans)" Live for..maybe we should change it to This is what "THEY (Canucks) Live For"

How can you NOT blame the coaches, They just need to Give the players the best chance to win
and keep them motivated for 60 mins

AV split up Higgins-Roy-Kesler to battle the 4+ centres on SJ.. Guess what we still lost 60+% of the draws..
and he didnt make the change back

Our Powerplay has been stale and predictable since the SCF.. That Drop pass is Ridiculous!
Look at the sharks powerplay, They got into the ZONE, and got our PK'ers moving (that net could not have been more open for coutier)

If AV and the coaching staff want to keep their jobs, it time to make adjustments on the Fly (like every other successful Playoff Coach)

With that being said.. Its only Game # 1
Lets just hope the canucks dont play an Entire Game like my PVR does (in 20 mins)

Edited by dildo_baggins, 02 May 2013 - 09:12 AM.

The Covino & Rich Show - Mon-Fri 9am-Noon Sirius 104 XM 139

#54 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,205 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

The twins were no shows because AV was not using his last change. Home ice, who needs home ice advantage we have Ebbet for gods sake!!!!

mantra of the uneducated. In no way was AV a problem last night, in fact I think his decision to play kassian and Weise following undisciplined penalties was great........both responded with strong games

#55 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,688 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:20 AM

should have coached the dresser into a better position.

Bad positioning=bad coaching

Could have at least called a time out.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#56 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,688 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:20 AM

Lot of excuses getting made for the players in this thread.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#57 snucks

snucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

AV is ultimately responsible. If the players are not do the job, AV has to fix it, or motivate, whatever; he is the coach. Of course he things he is still the coach of the year. What a joke !

The team played OK in the second but as soon as a goal was let in by AV's goalie choice, the team let down and all was lost. You could see it. They all have that look cause they know its over. They know AV is a dud that once had a good Canuck team. It is him and Gillis that have destroyed what was. Partly by not dealing with deficiencies on the team. The owner needs to do something after the soon to end season.

#58 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,205 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

AV is ultimately responsible. If the players are not do the job, AV has to fix it, or motivate, whatever; he is the coach. Of course he things he is still the coach of the year. What a joke !

The team played OK in the second but as soon as a goal was let in by AV's goalie choice, the team let down and all was lost. You could see it. They all have that look cause they know its over. They know AV is a dud that once had a good Canuck team. It is him and Gillis that have destroyed what was. Partly by not dealing with deficiencies on the team. The owner needs to do something after the soon to end season.

are you saying Cannata should have played last night?

#59 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,688 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

I had very few problems last night. I liked the line match ups with SJ for the most part but not every time. I would have liked to see a little more shake up in the circle because the face offs weren't great. How anyone can blame AV because our boys were poor in the dot is beyond me though.

I agree, little too much set up on the PP's. I would have also liked to see more driving to the net. We have some big bodies who should be able to make some room. Physical play was great except for that one area IMO.

The team lost last night but there was nothing glaringly wrong either. It was a good game we just came out on the losing side to another really good team.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#60 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,205 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

I had very few problems last night. I liked the line match ups with SJ for the most part but not every time. I would have liked to see a little more shake up in the circle because the face offs weren't great. How anyone can blame AV because our boys were poor in the dot is beyond me though.

I agree, little too much set up on the PP's. I would have also liked to see more driving to the net. We have some big bodies who should be able to make some room. Physical play was great except for that one area IMO.

The team lost last night but there was nothing glaringly wrong either. It was a good game we just came out on the losing side to another really good team.

agreed, I'm disappointed going down 1-0, but it was a close, hard fought game. I loved the physical play and the forecheck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.