The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Honestly AV is getting out-coached again!

nitti999

I can say AV had something to do with the loss. I don't understand why he doesn't play the lines that have worked for us this year. Why change things up now?

Shroeder should have played last night on the third line. He may not be Roy but he has played a very similar game all season.

Roy needs to be on the 2nd line with Kesler. That second line looked very ineffective last night and alot of it had to do with Kassian holding on to the puck to long or getting out of position.

Ebbet hardly played last night as usual because the coaching staff doesn't trust him.

Time to bench him and put kassian on the fourth with lappy and weise.

I also shook my head at Alberts all night. He doesnt move the puck fast enough. it screwed up our transition game. I understand they want a big body with corrado but he looked out of his speed last night.

Ballard played well with tanev why not see how he does with corrado?

Av needs to ice the most effective lines instead of playing his favorites.

Worst of all is his inability to use his time outs effectively.

The canucks stopped hitting in the first and momentum was clearly for the sharks. After Boyle scored I'd have used a time out to refocus the group.

I don't think he's being totally Outcoached... SJ is the faster team and they shut them down for the most part. What I'd like to see is more puck carrying/reverse of direction, shot fakes and Henrik shoot more. Also the shots could be taken before traffic comes rather than waiting. Sometimes coming in with speed for the rebound is more effective than waiting for a screen to come.

It's a tight series though. Honestly it was bit boring.

For those that say AV has nothing to do with the loss... OFCOURSE HE DOES

You say our stars didn't show up but it's kind of hard to show up when your dumb coach breaks up line combos that click. We knew going in that Sedins don't play well when they are the only ones that can be counted on to score goals. NOTHING has changed. We KNEW we would need scoring by committee rather than a strategy of rely on the Sedins to score and make lines 2-4 checking lines...

Who's the genius that split up Higgins Roy Kesler? That WAS our secondary scoring.

Who's the genius that split up Raymond Schroeder Hansen? That WAS our 3rd scoring line.

And then we cry that our stars couldn't muster up any offence...

lol

For those that say it wasn't AV's fault, if AV decides to reunite the old lines that actually had chemistry and we win, will you admit that it was his fault?

Afterall, he's the guy that broke up those lines in the 1st place which resulted in uninspired play lacking production?

Or will you say the players finally showed up?

Must be the day after a loss...

Exactly. Hank and Dan had off nights for sure. Danny refusing to pull the trigger on good chances and Hank missing open players that he usually finds when his back is to them....

Someone with some effin balls command the Sedins to shoot the f#@cking puck.

Once that happens we might get somehwere.

So goddamn sick of them being above reproach.

Shoot the effin puck already.

Hank wide open on the PP 8 feet from the goalie in the slot after we move the puck around and get them out of postion ... and he treats it like a fricking practice where he's screwing around. Of course we aren't winning when are stars play like crap.

Top three Lines should be:

Sedins burrows

Higgins Kes Roy

Raymond lappy Hansen

This whole centre matchup thing is overrated. The 4th line barely plays so double shift lappy on that line.

Roy is a playmaker and is perfect feeding Kes or Higgins. This line could create more than the Sedins.

The game breakers are the players on the top 2 lines. They should all be together to maximize scoring chances. The difference in the game are going to come from plays based on pure talent. Couture roofed it plus the Sharks got lucky. The canucks got a lucky goal but luck just evens out. Hard work gives them a chance but They need to control their fate through maximizing talent.

So then the front line wasn't SEDIN-SEDIN-BURROWS?

if not then that's AV fault, but if that was the line and no scoring from the Sedin's you can hardly blame that on AV as that line has been together for awhile.

First of all AV is to blame for his players not performing to there best. He is responsible for pushing them. The team had issues all night gaining position across both blue lines. This is also coaching. And thirdly he is responsible for constantly mixing his line combos so that there is a lack of chemistry along with playing that useless Ebbett. Yes the players own some of the responsibility but they were bound to fail last night

Archived