The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Honestly AV is getting out-coached again!

nitti999

EBBET over Schroed??????? why split Roy and Kes so that we could just have a legit 3rd C?

Why rest key players against Edmonton....so that no injuries may occur...so that players are rested before the playoff run?? For goodness sakes, its EDMONTON....what harm could they do to the Canucks???? Injuries....sure but isnt it injuries are part of the game....besides IMO, you dont go soft before the playoff game. In the last game of the regular season, this is the time you psych ur players to play like they are in the PLAYOFFs!!!!

If AV or the team will not make any improvements or allow the Sharks outplay them again in next game....IM afraid it would be a sweep. If that happens, time to get rid of AV and get a new coach that could motivate and make this team a mean team and not push-overs during the playoff.

As a long time av hater I personally don't think this games on him. This game lies on the twins and kesler. Everyone saidcour star players need to shine for us to win this series. And they didn't last night. Kesler and hank could barely mustard a faceoff tie while Daniel looked like he was scared to shoot for some reason. Mason Raymond was more effective than the twins last night. That's not good

As critical of the team as I have been this season I thought they played a pretty good game last night. A lot of that had to do with AV. They played a physical game which they have to do. I loved the fact that AV put both Weise and Kassian back out immediately after their penalties. It was obvious that they were playing the AV game plan and he was sticking by them. Hopefully it pays off next game. The poor FO % was a killer for Van but I was encouraged with their ability to move the puck up the ice. The PP might have overhandled the puck a little to much. The Bieksa approach is a better option IMHO.

agreed Boudrias........I thought they actually played well enough to win.........all of them but three. The twins were complete no shows, but at least they were kind of a neutral factor..........Kesler was actually counter productive out there. IMO, I think it's time for the club and kesler to part ways. I was no fan of Lu's game last night either. He made some god saves, but as is often the case with Luongo, it was poor positioning and poor rebound control that put him in a position where he has to make a "spectacular" save. He wasn't the reason they lost, but that game could have easily been stolen.

agreed Boudrias........I thought they actually played well enough to win.........all of them but three. The twins were complete no shows, but at least they were kind of a neutral factor..........Kesler was actually counter productive out there. IMO, I think it's time for the club and kesler to part ways. I was no fan of Lu's game last night either. He made some god saves, but as is often the case with Luongo, it was poor positioning and poor rebound control that put him in a position where he has to make a "spectacular" save. He wasn't the reason they lost, but that game could have easily been stolen.

For those that say AV has nothing to do with the loss... OFCOURSE HE DOES

You say our stars didn't show up but it's kind of hard to show up when your dumb coach breaks up line combos that click. We knew going in that Sedins don't play well when they are the only ones that can be counted on to score goals. NOTHING has changed. We KNEW we would need scoring by committee rather than a strategy of rely on the Sedins to score and make lines 2-4 checking lines...

Who's the genius that split up Higgins Roy Kesler? That WAS our secondary scoring.

Who's the genius that split up Raymond Schroeder Hansen? That WAS our 3rd scoring line.

And then we cry that our stars couldn't muster up any offence...

lol

AV is ultimately responsible. If the players are not do the job, AV has to fix it, or motivate, whatever; he is the coach. Of course he things he is still the coach of the year. What a joke !

The team played OK in the second but as soon as a goal was let in by AV's goalie choice, the team let down and all was lost. You could see it. They all have that look cause they know its over. They know AV is a dud that once had a good Canuck team. It is him and Gillis that have destroyed what was. Partly by not dealing with deficiencies on the team. The owner needs to do something after the soon to end season.

AV is ultimately responsible. If the players are not do the job, AV has to fix it, or motivate, whatever; he is the coach. Of course he things he is still the coach of the year. What a joke !

The team played OK in the second but as soon as a goal was let in by AV's goalie choice, the team let down and all was lost. You could see it. They all have that look cause they know its over. They know AV is a dud that once had a good Canuck team. It is him and Gillis that have destroyed what was. Partly by not dealing with deficiencies on the team. The owner needs to do something after the soon to end season.

As critical of the team as I have been this season I thought they played a pretty good game last night. A lot of that had to do with AV. They played a physical game which they have to do. I loved the fact that AV put both Weise and Kassian back out immediately after their penalties. It was obvious that they were playing the AV game plan and he was sticking by them. Hopefully it pays off next game. The poor FO % was a killer for Van but I was encouraged with their ability to move the puck up the ice. The PP might have overhandled the puck a little to much. The Bieksa approach is a better option IMHO.

I had very few problems last night. I liked the line match ups with SJ for the most part but not every time. I would have liked to see a little more shake up in the circle because the face offs weren't great. How anyone can blame AV because our boys were poor in the dot is beyond me though.

I agree, little too much set up on the PP's. I would have also liked to see more driving to the net. We have some big bodies who should be able to make some room. Physical play was great except for that one area IMO.

The team lost last night but there was nothing glaringly wrong either. It was a good game we just came out on the losing side to another really good team.

Archived