The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Honestly AV is getting out-coached again!

nitti999

The third would have beaten any goalie. Lu went for the direction of the close range shot (the range is important) and it clipped off Edler's skate, right in front of him and changed direction by at least 30 degrees. No goalie could react to a ricochet so close, that is why Lu looked so sick.

AV is a sub .500 coach in the playoffs. So really, who the frack cares about President's Trophies and Jack Adams awards. Those are REGULAR SEASON accolades. And this team needs a coach who would happily trade all of that for 16 wins come playoff time.

AV's an idiot. So many issues with his decisions:

Ebbett in the lineup, at all.

Daniel Sedin on the point for the PP

Roy and Higgins not playing together

Not saying anything after a San Jose goal, and just chewing gum and looking at the scoreboard

Av is garbage 48 games to find your lines and you still can't do crap even though your roster is pretty much identical to last few years. Understand we had some injuries but we had good lines when fully healthy yet this fool decides to mix it up

Fire this clown

I would rather my coach follow this over rated concept than the ones he does follow.....like his belief that it is impossible to win without a right handed dman playing or that "staying the course" when things don't work will miraculously result in better results.

It's not coaching. It's not Kesler, and the Sedins skating in sand, it's not the fact we're missing Schneider, it's not because Tanev is still out, it's because....

THIS TEAM CANNOT WIN A FACEOFF TO SAVE IT'S OWN LIFE

That is what's going to kill us in the end.

No Malhotra = chasing the puck all goddamn night :rolleyes:

It's not coaching. It's not Kesler, and the Sedins skating in sand, it's not the fact we're missing Schneider, it's not because Tanev is still out, it's because....

THIS TEAM CANNOT WIN A FACEOFF TO SAVE IT'S OWN LIFE

That is what's going to kill us in the end.

No Malhotra = chasing the puck all goddamn night :rolleyes:

Ok for the AV supporters. I'm actually curious.

Do you agree with AV's decision to split up Roy and Higgins? Yes or No

Do you agree with having Schroeder over Ebett? Yes or No

Do you agree with having Garrison on 2nd unit PP? Yes or No

I'm not looking for explanations. I just want to see where your mentality is at with respects to our team cohesion and optimal line up.

I think you guys are screwed either way because if you say no to these things, then you are admitting AV has bungled the line up.

If you guys agree yes, you will soon see AV go back to these lines because of the lack of production.

The only way you guys win is if you say yes you like these moves and AV keeps these lines in tact for the rest of the playoffs and manages to win. (which isn't happening)

Ebbett is in because AV won't play Schroeder on wing, and he definitley won't have Schroeder matched up against Pavelski.

That's why Roy is 3rd C right now, because he's our only option.

I'd like to see these lines tomorrow, but I know I won't:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Burrows-Kesler-Raymond

Higgins-Roy-Hansen

Sestito-Lapierre-Pinizzotto

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Garrison

Alberts-Ballard

Lu/Schneids

are you saying the lose last night was Luongo's Fault??

If it wasn't for Luo in the First (and the canucks wouldnt have anything to build on - Period 2)

and the goals he let in no where near his fault - the PP Goal was just great puck movement and an even better shot

the 2nd goal was a pile up on luo and he had no change...

ok the third goal was a bit weak - but at that point did you really think the canucks had it in them to come back??

by no means am i a Luongo fan boy.. but he was the reason the game stayed close..

lets just hope schneider is back tomorrow, because for some reason the team seems to play better infront of him.

Ebbett is in because AV won't play Schroeder on wing, and he definitley won't have Schroeder matched up against Pavelski.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Burrows-Kesler-Raymond

Higgins-Roy-Hansen

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Garrison

Alberts-Ballard

Lu/Schneids

The fact that AV let the Sedins play any shifts against Couture in a home game is just crazy. I usually like Vigneault, but that was just something that stuck out as awful to me. With the last change at home, he should be matching lines a lot better.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Burrows-Kesler-Raymond

Higgins-Roy-Hansen

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Garrison

Alberts-Ballard

Lu/Schneids

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Burrows-Kesler-Raymond

Higgins-Roy-Hansen

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Garrison

Alberts-Ballard

Lu/Schneids

Archived