Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Honestly AV is getting out-coached again!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
201 replies to this topic

#181 nitti999

nitti999

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

So the Sedins had a bad game last game. Should break them up too. AV power trip

#182 ALTtimegreat

ALTtimegreat

Comets Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

Gillis and AV gone IF this is an early exit.

Bring in Burke. This canucks' core was built by Burke/Nonis and now the Leafs are having some success because of Burke.
Gillis somehow manages to make the 2011 team way weaker and in cap trouble.

#183 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,705 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

If AV had any brains at all, he would start Kassian with the twins in the 2nd, they've been killing it.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#184 La Mauviette75

La Mauviette75

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

Bring in Burke. This canucks' core was built by Burke/Nonis and now the Leafs are having some success because of Burke.

I find this interesting. I'd be ok with that. Burke + Ruff/Boucher? A lot of people hate Burke here.
Posted Image

O Ville Lumière, Sens la chaleur, de notre coeur

#185 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,271 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Yeah, you're right. You're absolutely right. I'd fire those guys and bring in the guy who didn't get the Leafs to the playoffs during his tenure.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#186 ALTtimegreat

ALTtimegreat

Comets Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

Yeah, you're right. You're absolutely right. I'd fire those guys and bring in the guy who didn't get the Leafs to the playoffs during his tenure.

regards,
G.

lol cause Burke had absolutely nothing to do with the Leafs current roster.

#187 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,271 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

lol cause Burke had absolutely nothing to do with the Leafs current roster.

Yeah, you're right. You're absolutely right.

And while you're "lol"ling, take a breath and re-read what I wrote. It is absolutely correct. Burke did not get the Leafs into the playoffs during his time there as GM. I made no statement about the current Leafs roster.

But since you have introduced the subject, would you then agree that if Burke were re-installed as Cancuks GM, and the team then won the Cup, that Gillis would deserve a lot of credit as he had something to do with the Canucks' roster? Or would we first have to wait for a Norris trophy winning d-man to fall in to Burke's lap?

regards,
G.

#188 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

The team isn't playing great, by the play on the boards in and out of the zone it's the same damn thing AV doesn't have any evolution to his coaching. He is honestly predictable. I could say worse but it is so evident. Bad line combos and terrible coaching.

Im fed up with AV as the coach here for different reasons but you would not even know what being out coached looked like
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#189 ALTtimegreat

ALTtimegreat

Comets Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

And while you're "lol"ling, take a breath and re-read what I wrote. It is absolutely correct. Burke did not get the Leafs into the playoffs during his time there as GM. I made no statement about the current Leafs roster.

But since you have introduced the subject, would you then agree that if Burke were re-installed as Cancuks GM, and the team then won the Cup, that Gillis would deserve a lot of credit as he had something to do with the Canucks' roster? Or would we first have to wait for a Norris trophy winning d-man to fall in to Burke's lap?

regards,
G.

lol no credit for the guy with a cap advisor who inherited the canucks core and somehow manages to make the 2011 team way worse now and at the same time put the canucks in cap trouble.

Toronto would have made the playoffs even if Burke wasnt canned early. Thats his team he built.

#190 lolwut?

lolwut?

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

Win or lose I am so friggin done with AV.. just the sight of him makes me aggrevated as it reminds me of all the stupid decisions and blunders.

Fed up and done and cant wait till hes outta here.

#191 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,271 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

lol no credit for the guy with a cap advisor who inherited the canucks core and somehow manages to make the 2011 team way worse now and at the same time put the canucks in cap trouble.

Toronto would have made the playoffs even if Burke wasnt canned early. Thats his team he built.

So what you're saying is that Nonis screwed things up with the Canucks team (built by Burke), and the Leafs will crash and burn next year, like the Canucks did back then, right?

regards,
G.

#192 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,705 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

What a joke AV is.

Puts the Sedins out with less then a minute left... are you ???? kidding me? The twins?

He blew the lead for us, and this game shows that the nucks win despite of AV.

Kesler took this game over, and he might save AV his damn job once again.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#193 ALTtimegreat

ALTtimegreat

Comets Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:20 PM

So what you're saying is that Nonis screwed things up with the Canucks team (built by Burke), and the Leafs will crash and burn next year, like the Canucks did back then, right?

regards,
G.

lol how in the blue heck did you get to that?
this convo wont go anywhere with you not having a clue.

Bring in Burke. You can go with Gillis and AV

Edited by ALTtimegreat, 03 May 2013 - 10:30 PM.

#194 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:29 PM

What a joke AV is.

Puts the Sedins out with less then a minute left... are you ???? kidding me? The twins?

He has Kesler, Burrows, Hansen, Raymond, Lappiere, Higgins all at his disposal and he decides to use the Sedins to defend?

I used to stick up for MG but seeing how MG can't see AV's stupidity, MG can go as well.

#195 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,271 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:29 PM

What a joke AV is.

And yet, to my recollection, nobody was screaming about Henrik being out there with about a minute to go in a game just last month where he scored into an empty net.

regards,
G.

#196 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

And yet, to my recollection, nobody was screaming about Henrik being out there with about a minute to go in a game just last month where he scored into an empty net.

regards,
G.

That's funny you mentioned it.
I was thinking the exact same thing.

Here's the thing. There's the right play and the wrong play.
Playing the Sedins in the final minute to defend the lead is the wrong play. Even though they shouldnt have been on the ice, they scored so people ignored it. It still doesnt change the fact that its the wrong play.
This would be similar to a player that should be headed off on a line change. If he stays on extra and doesnt get off the ice and gets caught up the ice and the opposition scores, the coach will be angry with him. If he stays however and scored, coach will ignore it. Same thing here. It's still the wrong move but last time he happen to have scored and so, AV was spared the rage.
This time, the wrong move was exposed

#197 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,935 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

Not to mention playing Bieksa and Edler when Edler's busy doing his best Brent Sopel imitation.

AV's a giant liability .

TRad-N.gif

#198 Hairy Kneel

Hairy Kneel

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

another 1st round exit

#199 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

He's not getting out-coached.. He's out-coaching himself by putting Edler out there

Posted Image

#200 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

how the heck does this guy put kesler and higgins out with 2:25 left in the game so they go off at 1:35 and he puts the TWINS out ARE YOU KIDDING ME? the twins against the sharks big powerful forwards 6on5 with a minute left. what a recipe for disaster.

Any smart coach would put big physical players on the ice, lappy, burrows ,weise, higgins, hansen, kesler. etc but oh no our coach is going to win with our best players no matter what even if it puts them in a position to fail.

#201 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,705 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:24 PM

regards,
G.

That was the regular season though.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#202 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,068 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:28 PM

I'd say the coaching staff made some amazing adjustments since Game 1.

The Canucks were on fire tonight, beat the Sharks forecheck pretty nicely, beat them up in faceoffs and were the better special teams team tonight by a long shot. Dominated their powerplay and we scored on ours. That's the effect a coaching crew have.

We lost tonight because of hard word at important times. Kesler showed we have some, but Edler really slacked off. Thornton out-willed him on his goal, Marleau out-worked Edler to squeak it past the line and Burns out-worked Edler along the boards to create a 2-on-1. The coaches have nothing to do with that.

However, up 2-1 in the final minute, AV makes a stupid decision to put the Sedin line out there on what's essentially a penalty killing situation. Henrik tries to make a pretty pass to Burrows, it gets intercepted, thrown to the net and the score is tied. Meanwhile, a guy like Roy or Lapierre (who's used to killing penalties) would have dumped it out or at least blocked a shot.

Stupid move by AV.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.