The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How much weight will the next game carry on your view of the team?

Canuckler87

Anything can happen in a 7 games series so I won't count them out until SJ have won 4 games. So Friday isn't a must win. It is however a "MUST SHOW UP" game.

We need better games out of our top players and we need to bring it early.

We have to pay the price to win some Faceoffs and possess the puck. We are a puck possession team and it is hard to be one if you don't win the draw.

The team has to know failure in the first round will cost the coach his job and may mean the end of the current core. So if they truly love playing together they need to turn it up.

Anything can happen in a 7 games series so I won't count them out until SJ have won 4 games. So Friday isn't a must win. It is however a "MUST SHOW UP" game.

We need better games out of our top players and we need to bring it early.

We have to pay the price to win some Faceoffs and possess the puck. We are a puck possession team and it is hard to be one if you don't win the draw.

The team has to know failure in the first round will cost the coach his job and may mean the end of the current core. So if they truly love playing together they need to turn it up.

If we lose the next game we have slim chance of winning the series. If we win our chances are pretty good.

IMO, I'm not so frustrated that we lost the first game. 1-0 isn't a hard hole to climb out of, like I said if we win Friday we're back on even terms. We knew this was gonna be a close series. However I'm frustrated with the WAY we lost. We're having the exact same problems that we've had in the playoffs ever since the Bruins series - we can't score any goals. We're not taking the puck aggressively to the scoring areas, and we're not challenging the defense. I don't know if this is a coaching issue or an execution issue but this whole skating down the wing and taking long weak shots with no traffic in front has to stop. This is the exact same problem we had in the Kings series and the exact same problem we had in the Bruins series. I'm not sure that they can suddenly take care of this problem right away as it seems to have become a habit.

Game one was disheartening in the fact that we had no offensive pushback or answer when the Sharks went up 2-1....Writing off the entire team and coach etc at this point is ridiculous....It wasn't really the Sharks that beat us last night,the Canucks really beat themselves..The Sharks are a beatable team,and they really don't blow me away....If we had a serious opponent like LA,STL or CHI,we would be in real trouble....The Canucks embarrassed themselves last night and they know it,and I'm positive it will be a different effort on Friday.

If there is a team we can comeback from a 0-2 deficit it's the shark. They proved in the past to choke under pressure or self destruct in the playoff.

But even a close or overtime win when the Sharks played as good or better then us is not going to cut it. The shark will go home with a mindset that they've done their work, they took home ice advantage.

That's why i'm expecting a statement game 4-1, 5-2 win. With 2 goals each from our first 2 line.

For me, it will be huge. If ever there was a must win game it's tommorow. We've already lost the first game at home, and going into the shark tank down 0-2 in the series means we are basically done. The sharks have one of the best home records in the NHL so it's a stretch to win both those games to tie it up that way. Now if we crap the bed tommorow, and i mean that we generate ZERO offense and only play 20 minutes or half the game again.. for me, that shows us big changes are needed.

I really hope we win tommorow. But if we don't, it shows that we lack the resolve and determination with this current group to get it done when it matters most. The season hinges on tommorows game, and it's these types of games where the true character of the team is revealed. If we win.. then i strongly believe we will build off it and win the series. If we don't, then seasons basically over and it's two straight first round exits. Major changes need to be made. So my question for you guys is, how much weight in terms of judging our team are you guys putting into tommorows game? For me, it's going to reveal what our team is really made of.

While i agree with your unwavering support deb. I love this team and always will.. there should be a mentality of seizing the moment not just hoping they'll win. They need to stop buying their own hype and show some determination dedication and heart and it starts with the leadership core.

Sadly only Bieksa Edler Luongo and Hansen got that memo.

I actually thought they put a lot of effort in last night. It was just that it was wasted by losing draws, bad passing, too much dumping the puck and aimless out of position hits.

We need to get the lines sorted first of all. Kassian sucks momentum out of his line at present. It's not his fault, I just don't think he is ready yet. Also why don't we play JS centring Raymond and Hansen. These 3 can all find each other. Let Roy centre Higgins and Burrows and let Lappy centre Gaunce and Weise/Kassian (I don't rate Pinizzotto or Sestito)

Lastly why not put Kes on the Sedin line. He would make more space for them than Burr or Kass at present.

I actually thought they put a lot of effort in last night. It was just that it was wasted by losing draws, bad passing, too much dumping the puck and aimless out of position hits.

We need to get the lines sorted first of all. Kassian sucks momentum out of his line at present. It's not his fault, I just don't think he is ready yet. Also why don't we play JS centring Raymond and Hansen. These 3 can all find each other. Let Roy centre Higgins and Burrows and let Lappy centre Gaunce and Weise/Kassian (I don't rate Pinizzotto or Sestito)

Lastly why not put Kes on the Sedin line. He would make more space for them than Burr or Kass at present.

There is a bright side of this story..

I am kind of looking forward to the major changes that are inevitably coming down the pipe this summer.

The coaching staff will be gutted. I believe that Gillis will be forced into trading one of these $4mil+ dmen for a proven goal scorer. With AV gone, Ballard will play more, Edler will play less and Garrison will be on the PP full time. I want to see this team led by guys like Bieksa, Hamhuis, Burrows, Higgins and Kesler.. not Daniel, Henrik and Edler.

Archived