Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

How much weight will the next game carry on your view of the team?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#31 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

For me, it will be huge. If ever there was a must win game it's tommorow. We've already lost the first game at home, and going into the shark tank down 0-2 in the series means we are basically done. The sharks have one of the best home records in the NHL so it's a stretch to win both those games to tie it up that way. Now if we crap the bed tommorow, and i mean that we generate ZERO offense and only play 20 minutes or half the game again.. for me, that shows us big changes are needed.

I really hope we win tommorow. But if we don't, it shows that we lack the resolve and determination with this current group to get it done when it matters most. The season hinges on tommorows game, and it's these types of games where the true character of the team is revealed. If we win.. then i strongly believe we will build off it and win the series. If we don't, then seasons basically over and it's two straight first round exits. Major changes need to be made. So my question for you guys is, how much weight in terms of judging our team are you guys putting into tommorows game? For me, it's going to reveal what our team is really made of.

Well I think it certainly is a huge game.
In our position, as I've said elsewhere, I really think we need to win big to restore some of our rep. A big win is the only thing that will put doubts in the Sharks minds, enough to unsettle them.

However I will not consider how important this game is until we are either through to the next round or we are out.
Kevin.jpg

#32 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,579 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

While i agree with your unwavering support deb. I love this team and always will.. there should be a mentality of seizing the moment not just hoping they'll win. They need to stop buying their own hype and show some determination dedication and heart and it starts with the leadership core.
Sadly only Bieksa Edler Luongo and Hansen got that memo.

OXwjSoG.gif

#33 SpinDrive

SpinDrive

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

I don't believe that. When you've a competitive athlete you always want to win, that doesn't just go away.

A 20 minute effort isn't good enough to win in the playoffs though.
Posted Image

Believing in religion is like believing Raymond is going to win the Rocket Richard.

#34 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

I actually thought they put a lot of effort in last night. It was just that it was wasted by losing draws, bad passing, too much dumping the puck and aimless out of position hits.

We need to get the lines sorted first of all. Kassian sucks momentum out of his line at present. It's not his fault, I just don't think he is ready yet. Also why don't we play JS centring Raymond and Hansen. These 3 can all find each other. Let Roy centre Higgins and Burrows and let Lappy centre Gaunce and Weise/Kassian (I don't rate Pinizzotto or Sestito)

Lastly why not put Kes on the Sedin line. He would make more space for them than Burr or Kass at present.

Edited by Bodee, 02 May 2013 - 03:20 PM.

Kevin.jpg

#35 SpinDrive

SpinDrive

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

I actually thought they put a lot of effort in last night. It was just that it was wasted by losing draws, bad passing, too much dumping the puck and aimless out of position hits.

We need to get the lines sorted first of all. Kassian sucks momentum out of his line at present. It's not his fault, I just don't think he is ready yet. Also why don't we play JS centring Raymond and Hansen. These 3 can all find each other. Let Roy centre Higgins and Burrows and let Lappy centre Gaunce and Weise/Kassian (I don't rate Pinizzotto or Sestito)

Lastly why not put Kes on the Sedin line. He would make more space for them than Burr or Kass at present.

They seemed nervous, like they were afraid of a repeat of last year. The most obvious thing for me was watching Kesler. Normally he doesn't fall down by himself aka pull a Raymond, but he did a couple of times in the first. As far as the shots, the Garrison one was good, Henrik, Daniel, and Edler all hesitated to shoot on great chances, and apart from that, just not enough good looks.
Posted Image

Believing in religion is like believing Raymond is going to win the Rocket Richard.

#36 Tr4ilerP4rk

Tr4ilerP4rk

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

There is a bright side of this story..
I am kind of looking forward to the major changes that are inevitably coming down the pipe this summer.
The coaching staff will be gutted. I believe that Gillis will be forced into trading one of these $4mil+ dmen for a proven goal scorer. With AV gone, Ballard will play more, Edler will play less and Garrison will be on the PP full time. I want to see this team led by guys like Bieksa, Hamhuis, Burrows, Higgins and Kesler.. not Daniel, Henrik and Edler.

#37 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79,187 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

It's basically do or die. We don't want to go down 0-2 heading into San Jose, because they are a pretty good home team. I really can't see this team coming back from behind with the way we're playing right now.

307mg00.jpg

#38 AllEyezOnMe

AllEyezOnMe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

I don't think the series is over if we don't win tomorrow, but they'll be in big trouble.

If we are eliminated in this round. AV needs to go (Among other changes)

GILLIS needs to go aswell.

#39 Tr4ilerP4rk

Tr4ilerP4rk

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

GILLIS needs to go aswell.

Both of them will be gone if they lose this round.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.