The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Practice today

mbal23

As much as I don't think Ebbett brings anything to this team, we have much bigger problems. No matter who we put on the 4th line, if guys like the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, and Roy can't produce we're not winning.

why is Schroeder not playing? get ebbett out of the line up. this makes me mad. its like he forgets what doesn't work.

Lappy is a 4th line centerman, and thats where he should stay.

Sedin's Burrows

Roy Kesler Kassian

Raymond Higgins Hansen

Wiese Lappy Pinnizotto

or

Sedins Burrows

Roy Kesler Higgins

Raymond Schroder Hansen

Wiese lappy Kassian

this lappy third line BS needs to stop.

why is Schroeder not playing? get ebbett out of the line up. this makes me mad. its like he forgets what doesn't work.

Lappy is a 4th line centerman, and thats where he should stay.

Sedin's Burrows

Roy Kesler Kassian

Raymond Higgins Hansen

Wiese Lappy Pinnizotto

or

Sedins Burrows

Roy Kesler Higgins

Raymond Schroder Hansen

Wiese lappy Kassian

this lappy third line BS needs to stop.

Yup. One game in and we're already down to three lines. Realistically, game 2 is pretty well a must win given the Sharks' home record this year, in which case AV will likely be running the first two lines ragged and throw in the third line for a few shifts. I'd be surprised to see the fourth line get many shifts tomorrow.

So where is this organizational depth that Mike Gillis has built up in his 5 years here and that he speaks so much of?

IF AV keeps using the 4th line as a punishment it will never produce

As a result we won't be able to roll 4 lines like every other Stanley Cup Champion in the past 20 years.

It should be your most consistent line, with the limited playing time they have they need to build chemistry over a larger amount of games.

Move around the top 9 if you must but leave the 4th line to the energy checkers and play them!! So they don't feel punished.

The treatment of Kassian irks me. He is a skill player, a big skill player, but a skill player nonetheless. I agree with putting Higgy and Roy back together, but not with Kesler that kills depth up the middle.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Raymond-Kesler-Hansen

Higgins-Roy-Weise (Roy and Higgy don't use the RW anyway)

Pinnizotto-Lapierre-Sestito

Archived