The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Practice today

mbal23

Solid lineup. SanJose has less in the way of superstars but plenty of depth. Spreading out the scoring plays to their advantage. We're best off stacking the top two lines. Plus, I'm still not crazy about having a more offensive third line. A more traditional checking line would be better. And with the way Lapierre is playing we'll have just that. And the fourth will still be fine. Ebbet isn't half as bad as people pretend. He's not good by any means but he's a servicable, predicable player who can fill a hole on the fourth line without being a problem. Would I like to see someone like Gaunce or Lain in that spot? In theory, sure. Someone bigger and more effective in the circle could be an upgrade. But what do I know? I have absolutely no basis to say either of those guys are even remotely NHL ready. So I'm not gonna talk out my butt and act like this is the wrong decision.

Raymond, Hansen and Roy were the only real threatening forwards the last game, so makes sense to split them up AV...meanwhile the Sedins will stay cold with a stale linemate in Burrows, and Kesler has nothing much to work with. This following lineup solves all those problems -

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian (new fresh linemate, most amped up guy right now, proven chemistry and success before, hard to contain)

Higgins - Kesler - Burrows (Burr/Kes have proven chemistry and all 3 are similar powerforward types)

Hansen - Roy - Raymond (our best line, don't split them up)

Weise - Lapierre - Sestito (4 big hitters, but also lots of speed)

The never ending problem here is that CDC thinks the entire pro coaching and mgmt staff have not gone over every scenario-and only CDC critics have the intelligence and experience to make and see what mgmt/coaches cannot see,cannot figure out,etc..

Every roster decision is calculated and decided upon with inside information these boards are not privy to.

That includes injuries,salaries,developing/appointing players with and without injuries,chemistry,showcasing-name a million scenarios we have no ideas about.

Flailing of hands and crying and screaming and whatever will never change the fact that we are not privy to what goes on for a million reasons.

So if AV changes the lines up because no Canuck player was able to score in game one (Torres doesn't count), he's a bad coach. And if AV doesn't change the lines and adapt then he's a bad coach. You're a genius.

AV haters are all the same. Zero knowledge of coaching or what goes on behind closed doors but always seem to have the answer.

AV is going back to the pre-playoffs line up which WAS working but inexplicably broken up .

So that begs the question, why did he switch away from it and why is he switching back to it now?

Sounds to me like he made an unnecessary change in game 1 which contributed to the loss...

The single most prevailing trend that I see AV repeating time and time again is putting players in a position where failure (when leveraged against expectations) is more likely than not.

The irony of this, is AV continually harps about not seeing enough "consistency" from players put into the top 6; it's difficult to produce consistency when the sample size is frequently too small or short to realistically expect anything BUT inconsistency.

AV needs to pull his head out of his butt and put players into flattering situations and allow them to play into the consistency, ie STOP FREAKING LINE JUGGLING.

This has been the case for AV's entire tenure, you would think that perhaps taking another approach would have some merit when trying the same old thing time and again just doesn't work.

MG lauds the consistent performance of the regular season as the reason to keep AV and support his decisions, there's just one fallacy with that argument: This isn't the regular season. This is the post season and there are no weak opponents with which to pad your stats and record with. You are playing among the seasons top 8 teams of the entire conference, and you don't have the luxury of just moving on to the next opponent after a bad game.

We have the talent, but it is being so under utilized it's not even funny. We're a lot like the NY Rangers in a way, except we're worse defensively. This current roster has to play an in your face balls to the wall high energy leave it all out on the ice style of game. AV has them wearing too many hats and over thinking the entire game.

Simplify, simplify, simplify. Put the best players that complement each other together instead of balancing the lines because rolling 4 lines is not going to work.

</rant>

Archived