The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Practice today

mbal23

Good. The second goal was on Roy for drifting towards the boards instead of sticking with his man in front of the net after making a check behind the goal. He is creative but doesn't always know where to be defensively. He should have started the series with Higgins and Kesler, particularly because Lappy is excellent defensively in the playoffs when he ramps up his skating and physicality. I like these lines.

I also love what Kassian showed in game 1. He was hitting everything and he made his presence felt. I like how he gets moved around the lineup.

Love how everybody crying about Ebbett like the Coach is scratching Crosby and playing Ebbett on the top line. The guy is a fourth liner with fewest minutes among the players. And he was not on the ice for a single goal last night ! Get over it ... JS can't do any better than ebbett on the fourth line ... and there is no point in putting him there to be hit by Sharks 4th liners. Same for the Gaunce, he is not a 4th line player ... I don't know what CDC expect ebbette to do ... our fourth line actually played well last night ...

Good. The second goal was on Roy for drifting towards the boards instead of sticking with his man in front of the net after making a check behind the goal. He is creative but doesn't always know where to be defensively. He should have started the series with Higgins and Kesler, particularly because Lappy is excellent defensively in the playoffs when he ramps up his skating and physicality. I like these lines.

I also love what Kassian showed in game 1. He was hitting everything and he made his presence felt. I like how he gets moved around the lineup.

I'd rather bring in a player who can do more than just not be a complete liability. Wonder why he played 4 minutes? Maybe because he's not good enough to merit more icetime. PInizotto is more than capable of doing exactly what Ebbett did last night, and his hits would have hurt a lot more. Just because I'm sick of AV's mancrush on Ebbett doesn't make me a halfwit.

He should go with

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Roy

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Weise - Lapierre - Kassian

First line works, Burrows is the best match with the Sedin.

Roy and Higgins has shown chemistry, Kesler and Higgins aswell. Great second line with great offensive abilities and great defensively.

Speed line was one of the bright spots in my eyes this regular season. They have skill, shows good work ethic and is able to play defence. Could be a size problem in the play offs. But I believe they play "big" enough to succed in the play-offs as well.

At the moment Kassian doesn't fit in anywhere else in the line-up. Lapierre is a beast in the play offs, Weise works hard, hits, fights(at least he tries).

Makes sense if Kesler had flu but if he didnt ... Ebbet, I want to like him I really do but he shouldnt be on this team. Though like someone said that was minor last night. I like Kassian with the twins, I said all year this needed to be the first line come the playoffs...AV didnt prepare his team as well as he should. I usally defend the twins, but not today....sorry guys this is the playoffs, time to think smart and shoot when given chance to...Daniel double clutched 3 times on shots last night. Kassian has to be on this line, he gives them time and space and someone to help after the whistle. I would actually double shift on the 3rd or 4th lines as well with Kassian. Defenceman must shoot the puck, not lazey shots but slaps that makes a goalie blink...on th powerplay this must be done until there arms fall off....sharks want to block, give them a reason not to.

Raymond, you fall down even when you dont have a puck. You lose the puck when you do, your pass percentage is terrible...I dont know what you bring anymore.

AV I want to know why this team was not motivated to score more, I want to know why these lines are still in flux from 1st line to 4th line....I want to know why the power play sucks, I want to know why you are still a Canuck....

This game was winnable, but the confusion on this team is evident...this is coaching.

He should go with

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Roy

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Weise - Lapierre - Kassian

First line works, Burrows is the best match with the Sedin.

Roy and Higgins has shown chemistry, Kesler and Higgins aswell. Great second line with great offensive abilities and great defensively.

Speed line was one of the bright spots in my eyes this regular season. They have skill, shows good work ethic and is able to play defence. Could be a size problem in the play offs. But I believe they play "big" enough to succed in the play-offs as well.

At the moment Kassian doesn't fit in anywhere else in the line-up. Lapierre is a beast in the play offs, Weise works hard, hits, fights(at least he tries).

Archived