211 replies to this topic

#181 dura_mater

dura_mater

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:02 AM

The lack of offence is directly caused by AV screwing with chemistry every chance he gets. Him continuing to play Ebbett despite him being completely useless only further illustrates how much of an idiot AV is.

So if AV changes the lines up because no Canuck player was able to score in game one (Torres doesn't count), he's a bad coach. And if AV doesn't change the lines and adapt then he's a bad coach. You're a genius.

AV haters are all the same. Zero knowledge of coaching or what goes on behind closed doors but always seem to have the answer.
"BoKnows53"
My stinky team isn't on top of the Standings anymore Waah waaahh, fire everyone because I say so

- New Era Canucks Fans

#182 ikillchicken

ikillchicken

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:40 AM

Solid lineup. SanJose has less in the way of superstars but plenty of depth. Spreading out the scoring plays to their advantage. We're best off stacking the top two lines. Plus, I'm still not crazy about having a more offensive third line. A more traditional checking line would be better. And with the way Lapierre is playing we'll have just that. And the fourth will still be fine. Ebbet isn't half as bad as people pretend. He's not good by any means but he's a servicable, predicable player who can fill a hole on the fourth line without being a problem. Would I like to see someone like Gaunce or Lain in that spot? In theory, sure. Someone bigger and more effective in the circle could be an upgrade. But what do I know? I have absolutely no basis to say either of those guys are even remotely NHL ready. So I'm not gonna talk out my butt and act like this is the wrong decision.

#183 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:13 AM

Looks as though AV is going with Lappy as our 3rd C, and just giving up on the 4th line.
Fantastic....

Yep.

Sort of a drag that 4 lines cannot confidently be rolled. That is how much Manny is missed.

Ill suspect that the twins will be matched differently.

I also suspect that the flu is running thru the team.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#184 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:00 AM

Can't score? Load up the first 2 lines. Still gave a decent 3rd line. 4th is there to sit.

Better than another loss...

Lets face it - we don't have 4 lines of quality forwards - why pretend?

#185 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:10 AM

Raymond, Hansen and Roy were the only real threatening forwards the last game, so makes sense to split them up AV...meanwhile the Sedins will stay cold with a stale linemate in Burrows, and Kesler has nothing much to work with. This following lineup solves all those problems -

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian (new fresh linemate, most amped up guy right now, proven chemistry and success before, hard to contain)
Higgins - Kesler - Burrows (Burr/Kes have proven chemistry and all 3 are similar powerforward types)
Hansen - Roy - Raymond (our best line, don't split them up)
Weise - Lapierre - Sestito (4 big hitters, but also lots of speed)
Posted Image

#186 Canucksfan3322

Canucksfan3322

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

Where is Jordan Schroeder?

#187 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

The never ending problem here is that CDC thinks the entire pro coaching and mgmt staff have not gone over every scenario-and only CDC critics have the intelligence and experience to make and see what mgmt/coaches cannot see,cannot figure out,etc..
Every roster decision is calculated and decided upon with inside information these boards are not privy to.
That includes injuries,salaries,developing/appointing players with and without injuries,chemistry,showcasing-name a million scenarios we have no ideas about.
Flailing of hands and crying and screaming and whatever will never change the fact that we are not privy to what goes on for a million reasons.

lol thanks Canucks PR guy
This is the playoffs...If we are intentionally not playing guys together in fear that they will produce hence risking salary going up, you my friend are out to lunch.

AV pretty much juggles lines every day, the critique is simply saying try juggline guys that actually MAY work...not the random crap we see

let's go through your list
chemistry? non existent
developing players? non existent
showcasing? so many people drank the MG koolaid when he was talking about Hodgson and I think its gone too far now. It's the playoffs. You think rather than icing the best team to win, we are showcasing guys for summer trades?

give your head a shake.

#188 ahf149

ahf149

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

Looks as though AV is going with Lappy as our 3rd C, and just giving up on the 4th line.
Fantastic....

Seriously?? Who would you want on the third line??? Do you want the same line up that played in game 1??? This line up is the best one that they got, except Ebbett
Life is short, LIVE IT

#189 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

Chicago it seems targets our most valuable player and injures them for the beginning of the playoffs every year.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#190 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

So if AV changes the lines up because no Canuck player was able to score in game one (Torres doesn't count), he's a bad coach. And if AV doesn't change the lines and adapt then he's a bad coach. You're a genius.

AV haters are all the same. Zero knowledge of coaching or what goes on behind closed doors but always seem to have the answer.

AV is going back to the pre-playoffs line up which WAS working but inexplicably broken up .
So that begs the question, why did he switch away from it and why is he switching back to it now?

Sounds to me like he made an unnecessary change in game 1 which contributed to the loss...

#191 Cynrgee

Cynrgee

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

why are we line juggling?

AV's Method of Madness.
Posted Image
Thanks to Vintage Canuck for the sig.

#192 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,562 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

Can Gillis waive him?  This is beyond ridiculous.  If AV won't bench Ebbett voluntarily, MG needs to step in and do something about it.  Regardless, we aren't going anywhere without #35 in net.

Did you even watch last game? Luongo was the Canucks best player on the ice. Does your Luongo hate know no bounds of reality?
"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

#193 hadoden345

hadoden345

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

I rather see Gaunce than ebbett.

#194 lexluthor

lexluthor

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

AV is going back to the pre-playoffs line up which WAS working but inexplicably broken up .
So that begs the question, why did he switch away from it and why is he switching back to it now?

Sounds to me like he made an unnecessary change in game 1 which contributed to the loss...

He's trying to bring balance to all 4 lines. He's knows our 3rd and 4th lines are vulnerable. He thinks SJS's 3rd and 4th lines are better than ours. He's switching back to get more offensive push-back on the top 2 lines. Game 2 will tell if his works or not, we'll have to see if the SJS can exploit our 3rd and 4th lines.

#195 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

trust me if hodgson couldnt do it in the playoffs a couple years ago there is no way schroeder can

#196 XX_canucks33_XX

XX_canucks33_XX

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

Where are you Jordan Schroeder??? OK if he's not answering...perhaps Gaunce? Either these 2 not Ebbet!!!!!

#197 shadowgoon

shadowgoon

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

The single most prevailing trend that I see AV repeating time and time again is putting players in a position where failure (when leveraged against expectations) is more likely than not.

The irony of this, is AV continually harps about not seeing enough "consistency" from players put into the top 6; it's difficult to produce consistency when the sample size is frequently too small or short to realistically expect anything BUT inconsistency.

AV needs to pull his head out of his butt and put players into flattering situations and allow them to play into the consistency, ie STOP FREAKING LINE JUGGLING.

This has been the case for AV's entire tenure, you would think that perhaps taking another approach would have some merit when trying the same old thing time and again just doesn't work.

MG lauds the consistent performance of the regular season as the reason to keep AV and support his decisions, there's just one fallacy with that argument: This isn't the regular season. This is the post season and there are no weak opponents with which to pad your stats and record with. You are playing among the seasons top 8 teams of the entire conference, and you don't have the luxury of just moving on to the next opponent after a bad game.

We have the talent, but it is being so under utilized it's not even funny. We're a lot like the NY Rangers in a way, except we're worse defensively. This current roster has to play an in your face balls to the wall high energy leave it all out on the ice style of game. AV has them wearing too many hats and over thinking the entire game.

Simplify, simplify, simplify. Put the best players that complement each other together instead of balancing the lines because rolling 4 lines is not going to work.

</rant>

#198 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,385 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

epic fail on those who think Gaunce is better option then Ebbet at this time. He's not. Give your heads a shake you crazy people at Canucks.com. He won't be an effective player for us in fact Gaunce at this stage will be eaten alive.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#199 XX_canucks33_XX

XX_canucks33_XX

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

trust me if hodgson couldnt do it in the playoffs a couple years ago there is no way schroeder can

i guess we couldnt prove your hypothesis or wild guess until we see AV put schroeder in the lineup .

#200 Hodgson!!

Hodgson!!

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

Strange line-up combination we can try if we lose again

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Higgins-Roy-Kesler

Burrows-Lappiere-Hansen

Kassian-Schroeder-Weise
Posted Image

Signature Made by Vintage Canuck

#201 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

He's trying to bring balance to all 4 lines. He's knows our 3rd and 4th lines are vulnerable. He thinks SJS's 3rd and 4th lines are better than ours. He's switching back to get more offensive push-back on the top 2 lines. Game 2 will tell if his works or not, we'll have to see if the SJS can exploit our 3rd and 4th lines.

I totally understand your point.
If AV thought balancing 4 lines was the best way to go and that's why he made the changes in lines, why did he abandon it already after one game?

Or better yet, if he knew the 4 lines weren't balanced, why didn't he try these lines during the regular season to build some chemistry?

Why now in the playoffs?

I would say that AV is a lame duck coach at this point because no matter what he does, he's already screwed.
If the Higgins Kesler Roy line works, he becomes an idiot for messing it up last game
If it doesnt work and our 3rd or 4th line gets exploited, there will be questions as to why Ebett is playing instead of Pinni, Sestito, Schroeder, etc

The AV supporters might be sitting there hoping tonight's line up doesn't work either so they can say, "ha! told you so" but fact is, if you thought having 4 balanced line was the best way to go, AV should have done this during the regular season.

Moreover, if you still think its the right way to go, AV should have kep the same lines this game as well.

The fact that he already reverted back after 1 game shows how clueless and uncertain he is

#202 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

I would be happy with that.. but i would like to keep weise in the line up..
he hit like a freight train yesterday..
and that penalty (come on its the playoffs)

Who would you take out? Every one on that 4th is big and can hit

#203 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

epic fail on those who think Gaunce is better option then Ebbet at this time. He's not. Give your heads a shake you crazy people at Canucks.com. He won't be an effective player for us in fact Gaunce at this stage will be eaten alive.

He's big and stronger on his skates than Ebbett he can handle 4th line.

#204 Blömqvist

Blömqvist

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

Raymond, Hansen and Roy were the only real threatening forwards the last game, so makes sense to split them up AV...meanwhile the Sedins will stay cold with a stale linemate in Burrows, and Kesler has nothing much to work with. This following lineup solves all those problems -

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian (new fresh linemate, most amped up guy right now, proven chemistry and success before, hard to contain)
Higgins - Kesler - Burrows (Burr/Kes have proven chemistry and all 3 are similar powerforward types)
Hansen - Roy - Raymond (our best line, don't split them up)
Weise - Lapierre - Sestito (4 big hitters, but also lots of speed)

I agree with splitting up The Twins and Burrows, and putting Burrows together with Kesler and Kassian up with The Twins to give everyone a different look and better chemistry.

Every pizza is a personal pizza if you try hard enough and believe in yourself.

#205 cammy

cammy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

the problem is not who lines up with who, but AV inability to get favorate match ups and being outcoached on the fly - what he needs to do is draw out the checking lines and shutdown d by throwing out the sedins, and then the team need to change on the fly and pen this line in their own end and tire them out, then allowing the sedins to come back out against a weaker pairing. What was happending though is almost remenisant of the Anaheim series a few years back where thei checking line stifled us and they were able to get favorable matchups all the time.

Av needs to get quick changes on the fly to catch out the sharks and not rely on just using the last change at a face off.

#206 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

the problem is not who lines up with who, but AV inability to get favorate match ups and being outcoached on the fly - what he needs to do is draw out the checking lines and shutdown d by throwing out the sedins, and then the team need to change on the fly and pen this line in their own end and tire them out, then allowing the sedins to come back out against a weaker pairing. What was happending though is almost remenisant of the Anaheim series a few years back where thei checking line stifled us and they were able to get favorable matchups all the time.

Av needs to get quick changes on the fly to catch out the sharks and not rely on just using the last change at a face off.

Nice memory. Pahlsson ate up the Sedins
So did Bolland

Good work AV

#207 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

Yep.

Sort of a drag that 4 lines cannot confidently be rolled. That is how much Manny is missed.

Ill suspect that the twins will be matched differently.

I also suspect that the flu is running thru the team.

What do you mean? I thought you said the 4th line was going to get 12 minutes of ice time? :rolleyes:

No way it sees that much ice time with Ebbett centering it.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#208 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

Not a fan of the Kesler Roy line... I'd rather see Raymond-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-Roy-Hansen

And replace AE with anyone

Pinnizotto-Gaunce(if JS is injured)-Lapierre(takes defensive face offs)

So

Sedins-Kassian
Raymond-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-Roy-Hansen
Pinnizotto-Gaunce-Lapierre

Now that is a playoffs lineup

very good.....not sure if Gaunce is ready, but would certainly like to see that in regular season.....maybe Lappy still at C on the fourth with Weise on the wing....I actually liked Weise's game the other night other than the penalty
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#209 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,646 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

And you know this how?

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#210 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

Not a fan of the Kesler Roy line... I'd rather see Raymond-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-Roy-Hansen

And replace AE with anyone

Pinnizotto-Gaunce(if JS is injured)-Lapierre(takes defensive face offs)

So

Sedins-Kassian
Raymond-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-Roy-Hansen
Pinnizotto-Gaunce-Lapierre

Now that is a playoffs lineup

I don't mind those lines either except I dunno if Kassian is put in a position to succeed. Practice time should have been regular season.

Moreover, I understand spliiting up Roy and Kesler to match their centre depth.

Playing Higgins Roy Kesler could be dangerous for our bottom 6.

Thats why while AV has his set lines today, he should also have a back up plan in case he sees our bottom 6 get destroyed.
He should keep your line up suggestion in his back pocket and change it up if we are getting eaten up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.