185 replies to this topic

#121 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

Ovi was 1st in goals and 4th in points this year. Living up to his salary I'd say.

And Luongo wont play out all the years of his contract so 5.33 ave is a BS measure.

ok St. Louis, Stamkos all make less than Ovi but put him similar numbers and St. Louis had the most points...How do you explain that? So St. Louis is over achieving and should make Ovechkin money? This why you can't use salary as a measure.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#122 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

100% Luo is > 80% Cory

Agreed... but I doubt Cory is even near 80... if he was we would at the very least see him on the bench no?

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#123 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

well, let's splain something to you.

If you get paid more than everyone else then you should be considered the best... no?

Why pay him more than his cap hit if he doesn't perform like it?

The only thing that matters is his 5.3 million dollar cap hit. When you have the owners raping the fans with overpriced tickets, salary shouldn't matter to them. It also shouldn't matter to the reasonable/mentally stable fan.

You are forging a platform that is asinine, and you should be embarrassed.

Please don't talk about the Luongo contract ever again.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#124 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

First goal on the powerplay was basically unstoppable. Second goal was Corrado and Roy's fault for pushing the opposition on top of luongo so he couldn't make the save. Third goal was Garrison and Hamhuis' fault , Garrison didn't tie up the stick behind the net and Hammy didn't tie up his man in front.
All that being said i though Lou played good, and their not gonna win many games by getting one goal so i blame the forwards. I could also tell something was wrong with Kes, now i find out he had the flu.

Edited by Hockey Fever, 02 May 2013 - 04:07 PM.

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#125 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,735 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

This team has no confidence when Luongo is in net. You look at who was in net in our best game of the year SCHNEIDER.

The two times Schneider has been pulled this year, you would expect Luongo to come in and shut the door. Nope he comes in and lets in 3 or 4 goals.

The last couple years when Luongo got pulled Schneider always came in and gave the team a chance to come back.

Luongo is mentally weak and it's rubbing off on the team.

#126 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

ok St. Louis, Stamkos all make less than Ovi but put him similar numbers and St. Louis had the most points...How do you explain that? So St. Louis is over achieving and should make Ovechkin money? This why you can't use salary as a measure.

well, you brought up Ovi like he wasn't a top performer and money generator for his team. Who's team is in the playoffs again?
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#127 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

The only thing that matters is his 5.3 million dollar cap hit. When you have the owners raping the fans with overpriced tickets, salary shouldn't matter to them. It also shouldn't matter to the reasonable/mentally stable fan.

You are forging a platform that is asinine, and you should be embarrassed.

Please don't talk about the Luongo contract ever again.

so your boss pays you more and gives all the important work to a cheaper underling? You should be afraid for your job.

#128 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,349 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

This team has no confidence when Luongo is in net. You look at who was in net in our best game of the year SCHNEIDER.

The two times Schneider has been pulled this year, you would expect Luongo to come in and shut the door. Nope he comes in and lets in 3 or 4 goals.

The last couple years when Luongo got pulled Schneider always came in and gave the team a chance to come back.

Well this is just ridiculous. If the team plays differently in front of Luongo than they do when Schneider is in net, then that's not really a goaltending problem still, is it?
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#129 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

I thought you were smarter actually for a day, but I am wrong I guess. Then what happened last year with Schneider in net? Still lost 2 out of 3 when he played unreal. Why? Same as 2011 and this year CANT SCORE if you haven't noticed already.

Edited by cmpunk, 02 May 2013 - 04:16 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#130 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

Well this is just ridiculous. If the team plays differently in front of Luongo than they do when Schneider is in net, then that's not really a goaltending problem still, is it?

Yes, it is ridiculous but that's just the way it is. Remember when Cloutier let in that weak goal by Lidstrom? It totally shook the whole's team confidence in their goalie. There wasn't a shatter point like the Lidstrom goal for Luongo but it happened gradually over the years, starting with the infamous seven goal elimination against the Blackhawks in 2009.

Edited by The Situation, 02 May 2013 - 04:19 PM.

Posted Image

#131 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

If a father trusts one son more than another it really isn't a father problem then is it?

#132 LuonGO Canucks Go

LuonGO Canucks Go

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

When we had team that used to score in Playoffs (WCE era) we did not have gaoltending. Now we have goaltending and..........

#133 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

get bent

read them again and get back to me.

Take your time.

#134 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

When did lui come in for Cory and let in 3 or 4???? So u r blaming luongo for not bailing Cory out for being pulled as well? That's strange.

But yes please tell me when lui gave up 3 or 4 when he came in for Cory.

Stop comparing the two goalies. Either one would have lost the game last night. Any goalie in the NHL would have.

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#135 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

It's so ridiculous at this point I almost have to laugh.

The Luongo haters just got a new problem though. Luongo may not stop all the pucks that people want him to but at least he's in the net to stop something. Schneider won't be stopping any shot from the press box.

#136 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,608 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

Game 2 of this series is Luongo's chance. If he can stand on his head and keep the Sharks to a goal or less, he has the chance to steal back the starter's position. Consistency from there on in is key, of course.

#137 AllEyezOnMe

AllEyezOnMe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

Kesler is in charge of shutting people down, i don't really care if he scores goals to be honest. Roy's line can fill the need for secondary scoring.

Sedins are just so weak. Every other cup contending team atm has a solid 1st line that will score you a goal when you need it most. The Sedins? I'd rather have Phil Kessel/Bozak at this point.

Kessel licks lol especially against the bruins he's a pylon.

#138 AllEyezOnMe

AllEyezOnMe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

When did lui come in for Cory and let in 3 or 4???? So u r blaming luongo for not bailing Cory out for being pulled as well? That's strange.

But yes please tell me when lui gave up 3 or 4 when he came in for Cory.

Stop comparing the two goalies. Either one would have lost the game last night. Any goalie in the NHL would have.

Ahahaha Luo let in 2 goals on like 3 shots against Edmonton, and then again against Anaheim for the first game of the season. If Luo has a bad game on Friday I say he's a full time BACK UP for any team in the league unless he gets cured mentally lol.

#139 CptCanuck16

CptCanuck16

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

Pretty postive that if Schnieds was in net the score would have been more like 8-1 Canucks. They just play different in front of him. Come back Schnieder. Vancouver loves you.

#140 combover

combover

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

AV wants to make sure his scapegoat plays enough to throw him under the bus ..... again.
zero respect for AV he's a" regular season coach" proven he can't deliver in the post season.
my warn status is for calling it like i saw it with Dave the donut Nonis. apparently the owners agreed

#141 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

Kessel can score goals. Can Daniel?

What was the stat, 5 goals in his last 24 games (Daniel)?

At this point, i'd trust Kessel to get a goal in the dying seconds of an overtime game over Daniel.

Edited by Django, 02 May 2013 - 05:09 PM.

Posted Image

#142 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

look who was in net when we lost every game to san jose this year, SCHNEIDER. see I can do that too

Goaltending is not the problem with this team

and Luongo let in 2 goals both times he came in after Schneider got pulled this year, lol stop posting you're probably the most idiotic schneider troll on this board

Edited by Primus099, 02 May 2013 - 05:11 PM.

#143 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

did you not see the Sedins against the Bruins in 2011? lol

scratch that, did you not see the entire team against the Bruins in 2011?

#144 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,481 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

While I agree with most of what you said...here are the numbers:

2013 NHL Player Cap Hit
Goalies $m
Rinne 7.0
Lundqvist 6.875
Price 6.5
Ward 6.3
Miller 6.25
Backstrom 6.0
Kiprusoff 5.833
Bryzgalov 5.666
Luongo 5.333
Thomas 5.0

Remember, Schneider was made "number 1" so what was Luongo supposed to do?

Our goals for average per game has been dropping every year since 2011, and our goals against average per game has been increasing...coincidence that as Luongo plays less and Schneider more?

Sorry, IMHO, Schneider and Luongo are about the same...even the Sharks have said so in interviews...

Schneider earned his status as our #1.

Just wanted to say that, I completely agree with the rest and the point you were trying to make though.

zackass.png

#145 ms.canucks

ms.canucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

The Sharks are also known for choking in the playoffs, lets hope they live upto that tomorrow -_-

#146 Deets

Deets

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

Look, I believe Luongo should be traded, but at this point how can anyone not look at Luongo as a God Sent? Guys, our #1 is injured!!!! Who else could afford this luxury? The fact that people are still harping on Luongo shows the hate on CDC. Luongo is still a great goalie. The only legitimate reason to trade Lu is because Schneider is younger, cheaper and just as good with the potential to become better. Also, it's a shame to have a goalie like Luu riding the pines all year.

#147 5nothincanucksohno

5nothincanucksohno

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

He's being paid $6,714,000.

He stole games in the Boston series, in which we scored a staggering 8 goals.

30+ million dollar forwards should do something.

No big whoop, wanna fight about it

#148 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

Prove us haters wrong Luongo, just do it man!

#149 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

Prove us haters wrong Luongo, just do it man!

Riviera I promise u he will. We can't blame him if the team plays like that did last night though.

2cz94w5.jpg

#150 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,872 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

You know you're a Schneider fanboy when the blame falls on Luongo because Schneider got pulled.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.