The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sharks commentator's go on a tangent about green men. Likely virgins, and rain globe owners.

Stefan

They were slightly amusing in 2011, now they are just played out. I understand they ae just grasping to their 5 minutes of fame and trying to squeeze all te money out of it they can, which I have complete respect for. But when they go I certainly won't miss them, till then make ur money boys

I like how they bring up gamers as if it's a low life sad self esteem type.. Gaming is starting to become accepted in today's society and if their so called "upper class job" is more civil and higher than what the Green Men do for a living, then it just shows how idiotic they are. Such pretentious butthurt commentators.

To add insult to injury to last night's game, not only did I have to watch the Canucks get their butts kicked, but I had to listen to Sharks announcers as the Canadian stations were blacked out here. What a bunch of homers! They rank right up there with Detroit and Calgary announcers. :sick::mad:

This situation was just discussed on Around the Horn on ESPN. Asked whether it was fair or foul to criticize the Green Men - Bill Plaschke said foul due to originality, Kevin Blackistone said fair due to lack of originality.

The Green Men are really cool guys.

Last night, after the loss, everyone was just feeling down. Even the Green Men, they look very dejected, not like their usual upbeat persona. But nonetheless, they never turned down a fan's request for pictures. It was already fairly empty when I left, but there they are, still snapping photos with everyone that asks.

Just a pair of genuine nice guys if you ask me.

Oh, and also, about them being forty year old virgins... apparently, their packages seems to have a following and ladies chase after them as they undress lol...

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1cz1ax/

I'm indifferent. It doesn't bother me, and sometimes they come up with fun stuff. I don't think I'd spend a minute of my day talking about how they're virgins and gamers though. Especially on live TV, when there's a playoff game going on.

I'm in the USA and have to watch these guys. That is nothing in comparison to the rest if the crap they say.

Stuff like "clears, they are so important" " you never wanna ice the puck"

They also call a penalty every time a shark player falls down

Made fun of how much rain we get in Vancouver, made fun if our media you name it they said it.

But really who cares, there is like 2000 ppl listening to them

Archived