The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Connor McDavid

What are the chances of us getting Connor McDavid? Is he draft eligible this year? If not can would it be wrong to wish the Canucks to TANK next year so we can draft this guy? He is predicted to be the next Sidney Crosby.

What are the chances of us getting Connor McDavid? Is he draft eligible this year? If not can would it be wrong to wish the Canucks to TANK next year so we can draft this guy? He is predicted to be the next Sidney Crosby.

I like the hype surrounding the kid but it will be interesting to see how he handles it. At one time Steven Anthony had SIMILAR hype as he was projected to be a top pick. Two years later he was a 7th round pick by the Canucks

2015 I'd McDavids year, likely will go 1st overall. Just won gold with Canada in the IIHF U18 tourney and got tourney mvpnat only 16. Hard to say who will get him, I doubt the Nucks will suck enough to get a 1st overall that season. They are declining, but more so in a slow Calgary way, I reckon next year they will enter the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed, then likely miss the playoffs the following year, but just barely, 9 or 10 in the west. We wil see though.

• 4 weeks later...

You want to know why Daigle turned out to be a bust?

"Head coach Rick Bowness and assistant coach Alain Vigneault were fired on November 21, 1995 after demoting Daigle to the fourth line."

AV AND BOWNESS STUNTING ANOTHER GREAT PROSPECT'S GROWTH JEEZ EH

I'm not 100 percent sold on the kid yet, but as 2015 is his draft year we have two more seasons to see how he progresses. If he is as amazing as he is projected to be, it's a toss upmwho will get him, in twomseasons a lot could happen, Hell Pittsburgh could lose half their team to free agency and wind up finishing at the bottom and picking him. Calgary may still be floundering down at the basement and have a shot. Vancouver could have crashed big time due to aging and what not, who knows. At this point its anyone's guess.

2014s draft will probably look fairly similar to this one, I don't anticipate Florida or TB to be top 5 anymore though. Edmonton should move up in the standings while the Rangers will likely head down, I see Washington headed down as well, with all the rumors of unhappy players and stuff. Guess we shall have to see how it all plays down.

• 2 weeks later...

Come 2015 it's anybodies game, As to hazard a guess, and this is really a very loose guess, I can see Washington, New Jersey, Calgary, Phoenix(or hopefully Quebec Nordiques by then) as being likely to be bottom of the league and have a good percentage of winning the lotto. However, anything could happen, NJ could see a break put in there current group of prospects pushing them up, Washington might be able to piece together a cup contendor with some key moves, Calgary could hit it hot at this draft an '14 and be back in playoff contention, who knows. I guess by about January 2015 we wil

Have a good idea of who the teams are that will have a shot at him.

Archived