The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you like the Canucks?

youngdad

I like ice hockey. It is a good sport. My favourite team is the Vancouver Canucks. They are swell. They won their division this year and made the playoffs. They are up against a pretty good San Jose team. They lost the first game of the series last night. I sure hope they win tomorrow. I sure do enjoy cheering for my boys in blue and green.

Some people get really upset when the Canucks lose or don't play their best. It seems they take it personally. I'm not sure why they do this. Maybe they don't have enough healthy outlets in their life? Maybe they have no control in their lives and they think if they analyze and scrutinize everything that happens in the world of the Canucks it will give them a sense of control. Or maybe their wives or girlfriends hate them.

There are many fans who THINK they like the Canucks but actually don't. I don't think they realize it. They have made their predictions of an early round exit. They have posted many hateful and derogatory things about many players and coaches on online forums. I believe deep inside, these people unconsciously WANT the Canucks to lose. Not just lose, but lose in humiliating fashion. They want to be the ones there pointing their little critical fingers saying "I told you we should have traded so and so, and fired so and so!" The truth is, they HATE the Canucks. They don't want the team to succeed. I doubt a Stanley cup would even satisfy them as much as the feeling of being right if the team had to be dismantled. They wear the jerseys and hats have the flags and on the outside it looks like the Canucks are their favourite team. But they have nothing good to say about anyone or anything affiliated.

I'm not on here to criticize anyone for how they choose to be a fan. The old "Real fan, fake fan" crap has been done to death.

So before you pull on a jersey or tune in to see a game, be aware of what is really going on and ask yourself DO I LIKE THE CANUCKS? Do I like what they do? Do I like who they are?

If so, please act like it.

Do I like the Canucks? Not when they blow their lead and lose the game and when Luongo is in net

Do I like the way the play 100% of the time? No.

Do I think they can win this series? No

Do I like Andrew Ebbett? This is a horrible questions. :picard:

^ look at his numbers and his work ethics and his skillset <_<

I like ice hockey. It is a good sport. My favourite team is the Vancouver Canucks. They are swell. They won their division this year and made the playoffs. They are up against a pretty good San Jose team. They lost the first game of the series last night. I sure hope they win tomorrow. I sure do enjoy cheering for my boys in blue and green.

Some people get really upset when the Canucks lose or don't play their best. It seems they take it personally. I'm not sure why they do this. Maybe they don't have enough healthy outlets in their life? Maybe they have no control in their lives and they think if they analyze and scrutinize everything that happens in the world of the Canucks it will give them a sense of control. Or maybe their wives or girlfriends hate them.

There are many fans who THINK they like the Canucks but actually don't. I don't think they realize it. They have made their predictions of an early round exit. They have posted many hateful and derogatory things about many players and coaches on online forums. I believe deep inside, these people unconsciously WANT the Canucks to lose. Not just lose, but lose in humiliating fashion. They want to be the ones there pointing their little critical fingers saying "I told you we should have traded so and so, and fired so and so!" The truth is, they HATE the Canucks. They don't want the team to succeed. I doubt a Stanley cup would even satisfy them as much as the feeling of being right if the team had to be dismantled. They wear the jerseys and hats have the flags and on the outside it looks like the Canucks are their favourite team. But they have nothing good to say about anyone or anything affiliated.

I'm not on here to criticize anyone for how they choose to be a fan. The old "Real fan, fake fan" crap has been done to death.

So before you pull on a jersey or tune in to see a game, be aware of what is really going on and ask yourself DO I LIKE THE CANUCKS? Do I like what they do? Do I like who they are?

Andrew Ebbett has family and friends so lets just say.............I wish he was spending time watching the playoffs with them.

I don't hate the guy, in fact I have a lot of admiration for him in the way he gives his all........but it's a bit like a blind folded man trying to win at musical chairs. It's not happening.

By the way, I seriously don't think we are failing due to wee Andy.

I trust that someone who criticizes the team sometimes is a fan more than someone who thinks it's all sunshine and rainbows. I suspect many of those sunshine and rainbows people have already lost interest in the Canucks and are now moving on to the next fad.

Archived