Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

Do you like the Canucks?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

#31 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

Some of us are tired of waiting - that's all.

yep.
Posted Image

#32 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

I like ice hockey. It is a good sport. My favourite team is the Vancouver Canucks. They are swell. They won their division this year and made the playoffs. They are up against a pretty good San Jose team. They lost the first game of the series last night. I sure hope they win tomorrow. I sure do enjoy cheering for my boys in blue and green.

Some people get really upset when the Canucks lose or don't play their best. It seems they take it personally. I'm not sure why they do this. Maybe they don't have enough healthy outlets in their life? Maybe they have no control in their lives and they think if they analyze and scrutinize everything that happens in the world of the Canucks it will give them a sense of control. Or maybe their wives or girlfriends hate them.

There are many fans who THINK they like the Canucks but actually don't. I don't think they realize it. They have made their predictions of an early round exit. They have posted many hateful and derogatory things about many players and coaches on online forums. I believe deep inside, these people unconsciously WANT the Canucks to lose. Not just lose, but lose in humiliating fashion. They want to be the ones there pointing their little critical fingers saying "I told you we should have traded so and so, and fired so and so!" The truth is, they HATE the Canucks. They don't want the team to succeed. I doubt a Stanley cup would even satisfy them as much as the feeling of being right if the team had to be dismantled. They wear the jerseys and hats have the flags and on the outside it looks like the Canucks are their favourite team. But they have nothing good to say about anyone or anything affiliated.

I'm not on here to criticize anyone for how they choose to be a fan. The old "Real fan, fake fan" crap has been done to death.

So before you pull on a jersey or tune in to see a game, be aware of what is really going on and ask yourself DO I LIKE THE CANUCKS? Do I like what they do? Do I like who they are?

If so, please act like it.

Oh but it would, just one, i don't think that's too much to ask for after 43 years of futility,do you?

756ac80c-8542-42cd-b771-2d57edda5a59.jpg

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#33 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

I trust that someone who criticizes the team sometimes is a fan more than someone who thinks it's all sunshine and rainbows. I suspect many of those sunshine and rainbows people have already lost interest in the Canucks and are now moving on to the next fad.

Well put.

756ac80c-8542-42cd-b771-2d57edda5a59.jpg

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#34 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,769 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

I will like the Canucks even if we had a season going 0-82.

What I don't like is well paid athletes not showing up to play 60 minutes.
What I don't like is a coach who's job to prepare the said players doesn't seem to have a backup plan, or get the guys ready.
What I don't like is crazy ticket prices.
What I don't like is a team that has not won a cup in 43 years, and it's getting real hard to be optimistic when you've seen too many valleys and not enough peaks.

Ebbett is not the reason why were are losing, but he's also not able to contribute in much of a positive fashion either.

Edited by Ghostsof1915, 02 May 2013 - 07:38 PM.

GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#35 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • 25,087 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

Of course I am a fan, why else would I cheering for them.

And I really dislike Ebbett.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#36 Saved_by_Jesus

Saved_by_Jesus

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

Trust me, being ridiculously disappointed and frustrated and upset when the Canucks lose, and being unhealthily elated when they win the big game makes being a Canuck fan that much more interesting and entertaining.

Sure, there is nothing wrong with being a laid back fan who whose mood does not correlate to the Canucks' performance, but I guarantee you are not getting the same entertainment value that we are out of watching the games.

#37 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 20,606 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

This messageboard is littered with petulant whiners that have zero conversational input when it comes to this team.

Many of these people subconciously want the team to fail.

Totally pathetic.

#38 lmm

lmm

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

I love the Canucks

I just hate them a little bit more

#39 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

I don't 'like' the Canucks, I LOVE the Canucks!

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#40 Malkin Cookies

Malkin Cookies

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

I'd say its a little more than just like for me

Posted Image

qrj53a.jpg

Thanks to VC

#41 Dirt Nasty

Dirt Nasty

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

No, I hate them, that's why I'm on their website, out of hate.
Posted Image

#42 youngdad

youngdad

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

Many of you missed my point, which is fine. Here it is a bit simpler.
Be a fan any way you want, there is no right way.
I critique the Canucks too, it helps me get into it.
Some people take things way to personally, as if the Canucks owe them something. They act personally offended when the Canucks don't play their best and they spew hateful things on these boards. They are free to do so on the internet and I have no wish to stand in their way. I DONT think forums should be all rainbows and sunshine.
I think many people don't actually like the Canucks. They like to judge them and they think it is the same thing as liking them.
Thats fine, I am not judging anybody's 'fan-ness.' I just worry about these people. Some seem so out of touch with themselves and reality and get so emotionally charged I worry about their mental health.
Do the Sedins need to step it up? Yes. Does the PP need a goal? Yes. Does AV make all the best decisions all the time? No coach does. Does Andrew Ebbett belong out there? Probably not. But are the Canucks, TO A MAN, doing everything they possible can? I think so. Are they playing and coaching the best they know how? I think so. Are the Canucks entertaining and enjoyable to root for? I think so. Do I die inside when they lose? No. Do I explode and say things on these forums that I would never say to a players/coaches face? Absolutely not. Seriously, if AV came to your house for dinner what would you say to him? Would you call him a bonehead or would you tell him thanks for all the wins?
Do a self check.

#43 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

Ebbett scores big goal, CDC collectively shuts the frack up...

Go Canucks! I enjoy supporting and watching this team, and I get what the OP really means, cause some of you are obviously taking this personally again... Maybe OP you were a bit off, these folks don't just think of this team in these terms, with their "standards" instead of just supporting that they do well, they live their lives taking everything to personally and feeling emotional about their lack of control of anything... I'm sure the worst ones cannot be properly introspective too, so good luck teaching them anything about being a supportive fan... Example: I didn't like Cloutier - I waited till after the playoffs to bitch and filled the BC social ether with nothing but support until then...

Basically... Everyone... What the OP is saying is, this is our team, we are in the playoffs, the trade deadline has passed (some of you really don't get this) and we can either support these guys or bitch and moan like little girls...

Go Canucks!

#44 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

Trust me, being ridiculously disappointed and frustrated and upset when the Canucks lose, and being unhealthily elated when they win the big game makes being a Canuck fan that much more interesting and entertaining.

Sure, there is nothing wrong with being a laid back fan who whose mood does not correlate to the Canucks' performance, but I guarantee you are not getting the same entertainment value that we are out of watching the games.

I feel the same way when we win or lose... It's just intelligence that keeps me from whining like a little bitch everytime the puck goes in our net..

#45 Cynrgee

Cynrgee

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

I like the Canucks.
I'll even go so far as to say I Love the Canucks.
Does that mean I don't get a little irritated with lineups, 20 minute efforts, and missed opportunities?
No.
I think the fan comments on CDC are a healthy mix of factual and emotional posts.

After all, if we didn't LIKE the Canucks, why say anything.
Posted Image
Thanks to Vintage Canuck for the sig.

#46 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

Do I like the Canucks? Yes.

Do I like the way the play 100% of the time? No.

Do I think they can win this series? Yes.

Do I like Andrew Ebbett? No.

This
Posted Image

#47 youngdad

youngdad

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

I like the Canucks.
I'll even go so far as to say I Love the Canucks.
Does that mean I don't get a little irritated with lineups, 20 minute efforts, and missed opportunities?
No.
I think the fan comments on CDC are a healthy mix of factual and emotional posts.

After all, if we didn't LIKE the Canucks, why say anything.

I guess you aren't one of the ones I am worried about.

If the Canucks lose tonight there will be a few people who will just be self destructive immature and all around a-holes to everyone around them. It shouldn't surprise me. But I do feel sorry for their wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, kids, friends, and co-workers. I just hope nobody does anything really harmful.

Preserve your mental health please. It's precious. mindcheck.ca

#48 rosalie52

rosalie52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

I love the Canucks, I love the city of Vancouver and I love the Green Men.
I need a good laugh.

#49 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

No $hit I like the Canucks, who do you think I like, San Jose?
Posted Image

#50 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:56 PM

even if the Nucks had the Flames roster i would still like 'em..
i think that says a lot.

do i get upset when they lose heck yeah, do i get pumped when they win heck yeah even more.
do i hate anyone in the organization i have no ill feelings towards anyone from the coach's to Alberts.

Edited by surtur, 05 May 2013 - 01:58 PM.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#51 SNACanuck

SNACanuck

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

Live and die a Canucks fan. Inbetween I'll criticize and praise them because that's what passion is about. Its about paying attention and not just being a bandwagoner when things are good. So if you can't stand a little heat(criticism) or downward spiral in our victories feel free to find a sport where you don't have to deal with a little stress from watching your team eat crow. With every down there will be an up... sooner or later.

The Southern Kalifornia Orange Curtain.

#52 SNACanuck

SNACanuck

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

I think many people don't actually like the Canucks.

I would beg to differ. Sold out arena and look at CDC vs other forums. I would venture to say we have many people that are Canucks fans. Besides who cares if people don't actually like our team and come here to criticize it? Water off my back, you gonna let people's bs affect your perception of your team? I sure don't.

The Southern Kalifornia Orange Curtain.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.