Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

The worst companies you've ever been a customer with

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
77 replies to this topic

#61 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,238 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

Fine, I think it's safe to say that schlaBAM should not have worded his post the way he did, because it obviously bothered the cut and paste police.

I can only assume he meant that if you are hired into a largely english speaking community, and you are in the service industry, it would be beneficial to learn the language.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#62 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,509 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

you should try dealing with a "real" insurance company. I miss ICBC

Tell that to my sister and GF and many other people I have met that were in accidents they had no part in and got hurt. Then watch ICBC who is supposed to be your insurer basically try to let you starve and go homeless in an effort to get you to sign off on a lesser deal.

This is the treatment when your a victim.

Now if your the kind of person that causes accidents, then ya, ICBC is awesome.

#63 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,509 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:11 AM

You seem to be illiterate under your understanding of the term as you are unable to grasp the meaning. It does not mean the ability to speak English.

Functionally illiterate then.

Being able to speak Klingon won't do me any good in a business environment if that's the only language I speak.

#64 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

the word schlaBAM was looking for is obviously unenglishable

Edited by GodzillaDeuce, 03 May 2013 - 11:13 AM.

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#65 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

ICf'nBC

Don't get me started

If you have dealt with private vehicle third party liability insurers, you would not be so quick to condemn ICBC.
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#66 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

Functionally illiterate then.

Nope.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

#67 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:26 AM

Tell that to my sister and GF and many other people I have met that were in accidents they had no part in and got hurt. Then watch ICBC who is supposed to be your insurer basically try to let you starve and go homeless in an effort to get you to sign off on a lesser deal.

Hire a a lawyer.

If you are going up against ICBC without legal representation, that is a serious error.

#68 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

the word schlaBAM was looking for is obviously unenglishable

:lol:

Well played. :towel:

#69 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

If you have dealt with private vehicle third party liability insurers, you would not be so quick to condemn ICBC.

I haven't had to make a claim with a private company but my experiences with icbc have been beyond aggravating.

For example, I was t-boned by a lady trying to pass me while I was pulling into a parking spot, in a parking lot and they still found me 25% liable. No way of recourse, just cut and dried 25% responsible.
The list goes on. The rates are decent though, I suppose.

#70 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:07 PM

I haven't had to make a claim with a private company but my experiences with icbc have been beyond aggravating.

For example, I was t-boned by a lady trying to pass me while I was pulling into a parking spot, in a parking lot and they still found me 25% liable. No way of recourse, just cut and dried 25% responsible.
The list goes on. The rates are decent though, I suppose.

In the case of private insurers try abominable.

I have acted as insurance defence counsel early on in my legal career and ICBC is an angel in comparison.

#71 Blame Obama

Blame Obama

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

icbc insurance!!

10f3wcl.jpg

sig made by: -Vintage Canuck-

#72 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

Ya think another provider would have been better? Honestly?
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#73 RiCHC3

RiCHC3

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

Tiger Direct (online electronics / computer hardware)
The Brick
Future Shop & Best Buy
Telus
MBNA

#74 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

TDFX - It's a foreign exchange service that Toronto Dominion provides to business clients. I won't get into a long drawn out story but the manager there can die in a grease fire for all I care.

***********************************************************************************************

Future Shop - Never seen such a bunch of lazy ignorant dolts in my entire life. Went in to buy a camera. Was standing there for 15 minutes in the camera department picking up each and every camera, twiddling every dial and knob. You'd have to be blind not to see I was interested and that there was a sale to be made.

In the meantime 4-5 "employees" are ten feet away having a circle jerk oblivious to my presence. I finally said "do you guys work here?" the response was "uh yeah, you need something?". I said "not from you I don't" and left.

Proceeded to walk into London Drugs where within 5 seconds of walking into the electronics department I was greeted and asked "Is there anything we can do for you?".

"Sure, you can sell me the camera the idiot at Future Shop missed out on".

************************************************************************************************

Future Shop again - A buddy of mine was in there to buy a whole mess of monitors. Even though they are fully staffed he can't get anyone to talk to him. He knows what he wants so he grabs 8 monitors (yes 8) and proceeds to lug them up to the check out. They're piled up over his head and he can barely see where he's going. He gets close to the till and the weasely employee who did his best to ignore him swoops up to the counter and gives the cashier his badge in order to collect his commission.

The cashier says to my buddy "Did he help you?". My buddy replies with "Hell no, this little weasel didn't do a thing to help me. If he gets one G*d damn cent of this sale, I am going to drop every monitor on the floor and walk out of here."

The cashier replied "Don't worry, he's not getting anything. He does this all the time."

If he does this all the time why is he still "working" there?

************************************************************************************************

Subway - Went to a Subway recently. Ordered a footlong steak and cheese sub. The 'sandwich artist' starts making my sandwich. When I request tomato, she grabs the 1 remaining slice and tells me there's no more left.

I see around the corner into their office and see a 2nd employee with his head down fast asleep. Now here's an idea. Get $5 from the till and tell Sleeping Beauty to wake up and go to the grocery store across the street and buy some damn tomatoes.

When I request Chipotle sauce, she informs me they ran out.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now here's another idea. How about telling me what's not available before I order. I would have walked if had I known they could only make 1/2 a sandwich for which they intend to charge full price.

Edited by nuckin_futz, 03 May 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#75 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

Just an aside, I'm presently in Thailand and sometimes one pines for a familiar dish. I went to a place ( the Village Chippy) that caters to English expats. I ordered a medium fish n chips and was charged for a large. NP I thought as this is Thailand. What's 60 cents anyway?

I asked for my meal to go and when it finally came I opened the container to check the goods (smart thing to do anywhere). Looked fine to me. When I got back to the hotel I flipped over the fish and noticed that it was so burnt as to be inedible. The frackers knew that it was a take out order and if I was planning on eating it in house they would be too scared to serve me this crap. They served it burnt side down just to hide their mistake.

Edited by hudson bay rules, 03 May 2013 - 02:52 PM.

I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#76 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

How could I forget Air Canada, where their motto is "We're not happy, until you're not happy".

:lol:

Yes good call on Air Canada. I expect the flight to be delayed going in.
Posted Image

#77 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

Just an aside, I'm presently in Thailand and sometimes one pines for a familiar dish. I went to a place ( the Village Chippy) that caters to English expats. I ordered a medium fish n chips and was charged for a large. NP I thought as this is Thailand. What's 60 cents anyway?

I asked for my meal to go and when it finally came I opened the container to check the goods (smart thing to do anywhere). Looked fine to me. When I got back to the hotel I flipped over the fish and noticed that it was so burnt as to be inedible. The frackers knew that it was a take out order and if I was planning on eating it in house they would be too scared to serve me this crap. They served it burnt side down just to hide their mistake.

Yup sounds like Thailand to me. Got to love the third world.

#78 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,900 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

Rogers.

The only way to remove phantom charges seems to be to tell them that the money you would be spending on your bill will be going towards the small claims court filing fee unless they stop attemting to extort you.

TRad-N.gif

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.