The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo, Game 2 and History

BuretoMogilny

Ouch! And also the second goal was his fault. Yes he did keep us in the game in the first period. And ya I admit I try to find errors in his game because I dislike him, but it isn't hard to find faults. And because we are blaming our goalie the city is a joke?

Well, he was too slow to cover up, and also on top of that, he was on the ground, what a surprise! Get off the friggin ice! And one of his d men were not actually on top of him, I thought there could have been some goalie interference called actually but still. Luongo get off the ice don't just lay there in your natural position, don't be scared to change things up once in a while!

Start cannata, are you serious. He is nowhere near Schieds level and do you not remember some of the stinkers Corey played in in his first call ups.

One of the most ridiculous and preposterous ideas I've heard on these boards and boy I've heard some dumb ones.

Go with luo til he drops dead if schnieds is done. Lack I could see playing, not this kid.

None, that's part of the problem! But it wasn't that good a save, sure it looked great but it wasn't that difficult to make. I'm not a goalie but I think he got lucky. No denying it was a good save at a good time but not a spectacular save

Luongo understands the importance of this Game 2, going into the best home building in the league down 0-2 is pretty much a guaranteed series-over.

However, even the best goalie in the league can't save a team that's playing this bad. The Canucks haven't played this badly since the 2008 season when they missed the playoffs. You look at a team like Ottawa that's getting stellar goaltending, but they feed off that performance by Anderson and score 3 unanswered goals to beat the Habs. Meanwhile, Luongo holds the Canucks in games as long as possible, they don't score and just decide to fold in on him.

Someone needs to step up for this club. Bieksa is showing he's built for the playoffs, now we need more playoff performers and it starts with our core. Lu and Bieksa are doing well - time for the Sedins, Kesler and Edler to step up and earn their big paychecks.

Archived