The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kick the kings out of the playoffs

Penner boards Backes, who doesn't even have the puck.

Stuff like this happens every period in LA Kings games. This is the dirtiest team I've seen in the last 10 years of the NHL. The only thing that comes close is Chris "The Slasher" Pronger, who should have been banned from the NHL long ago (also Duncan Keith is getting bad too).

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of violence. I have a black belt in Karate and have done competitive sparring, and no one gets more excited for UFC fights than myself. So if I want to watch violence, I'll watch an MMA fight where men fight each other straight up. I don't want to watch guys cheapshot each other from behind in a hockey game.

I cannot stand watching this LA kings team play. They take committ so many infractions, the officials can't even call them all (or they would quite literally spend the entirety of every game in the box). The NHL has to start penalizing ENTIRE TEAMS for dirty play. This is clearly a team wide issue.

Yeah, I don't like this style of hockey myself. Prefer big clean hits like STL did in game 1.

It's entirely the NHL's fault though. LA is just doing what it takes to win in this league. You can get away with this stuff in the playoffs now. Why punish them?

Penner boards Backes, who doesn't even have the puck.

Stuff like this happens every period in LA Kings games. This is the dirtiest team I've seen in the last 10 years of the NHL. The only thing that comes close is Chris "The Slasher" Pronger, who should have been banned from the NHL long ago (also Duncan Keith is getting bad too).

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of violence. I have a black belt in Karate and have done competitive sparring, and no one gets more excited for UFC fights than myself. So if I want to watch violence, I'll watch an MMA fight where men fight each other straight up. I don't want to watch guys cheapshot each other from behind in a hockey game.

I cannot stand watching this LA kings team play. They take committ so many infractions, the officials can't even call them all (or they would quite literally spend the entirety of every game in the box). The NHL has to start penalizing ENTIRE TEAMS for dirty play. This is clearly a team wide issue.

Hmm, well played Mauviette ;)

I didn't actually mean it that way, but I see where you're come from. All I meant is that I'm a big fan of violence, and don't want to see hitting in hockey diminished. Big, clean hockey hits are awesome and I don't want to see them taken out of the game. But this LA kings style of play (which even Anze Kopitar is starting to take up) is ridiculous.

And to the person who commented about the 2011 Bruins Cup run... if you take away Marchandt, they weren't that bad. And this is coming from a die hard Canucks fan.

The bottom line is the LA Kings have a team-wide issue that needs to be dealt with. It's happening on every line. Nolan, Clifford, Richardson, Richards, Penner, obviously dirty Dustin Brown, Doughty fish, and on and on and on.

No team in the NHL has past has had THIS MANY dirty players.

I didn't actually mean it that way, but I see where you're come from. All I meant is that I'm a big fan of violence, and don't want to see hitting in hockey diminished. Big, clean hockey hits are awesome and I don't want to see them taken out of the game. But this LA kings style of play (which even Anze Kopitar is starting to take up) is ridiculous.

And to the person who commented about the 2011 Bruins Cup run... if you take away Marchandt, they weren't that bad. And this is coming from a die hard Canucks fan.

The bottom line is the LA Kings have a team-wide issue that needs to be dealt with. It's happening on every line. Nolan, Clifford, Richardson, Richards, Penner, obviously dirty Dustin Brown, Doughty fish, and on and on and on.

Archived