The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] R1G2 | San Jose Sharks @ Vancouver Canucks | 7:00PM | TSN | SJS LEADS 1-0

Blueberries

Here's my preview for game 2. Feel free to check out my blog for previews and post games. Love to hear any feeback from the experts on here.

Thanks, and Go Canucks Go!

http://yourdailydant....wordpress.com/

Dan’s Hockey Blog – Canucks vs Sharks – Game 2 Preview

Game 1 was a loss on all fronts for the Canucks. While they didn’t get blown out, they were beaten at almost every aspect of the game, most importantly on offense. They had little offensive pressure (outside of a few minutes in the 2nd period), while the Sharks played an effective road game, relying on the dump and chase, the forecheck and their powerplay to wear down the Northwest division champs.

Keys to the game:

For Vancouver:

The Canucks have to come out with more passion, more intensity, and more synergy throughout their lineup. The lines will be juggled again this game to try to find the right mix, as has been the case all season for Vancouver. Roy will be moved to centre with Higgins and Kesler on his wings, loading up the top two lines with most of the Canucks’ firepower. If the key role players on the third and fourth lines can pull their weight, and the Sedins (especially Danny) can recapture some of their magic, the nucks have a good chance to make this a series.

Vancouver was a little behind in all areas of the rink in game one. While this may be discouraging to some fans, if the Canucks can find some stability in their lineup, play their roles effectively, and most of all, bring more intensity to their games (excluding a few notables like Hansen, Burrows, and Bieksa) there is hope. Staying out of the box will be a key, as avoiding SJ’s lethal powerplay will be a must. Also, being more effective on their own pp’s will go a long way. Special teams can win a series, and the nucks are clearly losing that battle early on.

For San Jose:

The Sharks need to continue with what they did in the first game. They have a well balanced line-up, with established lines and good role players. They play a strong systems game, and they had all the answers for what the Canucks brought in game 1. For them, it’s clearly a case of not fixing anything that isn’t broken.

Overall key for Vancouver in one word: Intensity

If the Canucks can bring more intensity and grit, if they can sustain some offensive pressure, and if they can overcome the strong systems play of the Sharks, they have a good chance to even the series. An early goal, penalty kill, or series of hits will help get the crowd in the game and build some momentum for the home team.

The time to win for Vancouver is now. Let’s see if they can put together the kind of 60 minutes that was lacking in game 1. It should be interesting.

Diagnosis: Canucks thinking about the pressure of winning it all, instead of just winning a game.

Symptoms: 0-5 home record, hands of Glass (as in Tanner), lack of chatter, swagger level: Chuck Liddell after being knocked out for a 5th straight time. Intimidation Factor: -7.

Treatment: Doomsday Preppers come out of your bomb shelters and put away your next season projected lineups with Jensen as a top-6 forward. Breathe. Watch Angels In The Outfield. Tony Danza.

Short-Term Prognosis: Canucks in 6.

Long Term Prognosis: TBD.

I don't think we played as bad as most people seem to beliieve. It was a tie game with 10 minutes left. If we would have been the ones to score everything would be rosy right now. That being said I believe we have the ability to raise our level and take it to these guys. I'm also hoping Luongo stands on his head and steals us this game. I think he can do it. Lastly, c'mon Sedins, show up and everybody shoot the puck. Especially you Henrik. Hopefully that second line can get things going.

I don't think we played as bad as most people seem to beliieve. It was a tie game with 10 minutes left. If we would have been the ones to score everything would be rosy right now. That being said I believe we have the ability to raise our level and take it to these guys. I'm also hoping Luongo stands on his head and steals us this game. I think he can do it. Lastly, c'mon Sedins, show up and everybody shoot the puck. Especially you Henrik. Hopefully that second line can get things going.

Git 'er done, Nucks! Time to step up or shut up and we'll need to see more than a 20-30 minute effort to show them it was no fluke they lost to us in 5 back in 2011.

I think we do show up and play better tonight, I'll predict a reversal on the scoreboard, with a 3-1 win for us.

im feeling better about this game .. seeing is how we actually have a playmaker on the second line.. just dont let kesler touch the puck in the nuetral zone or else hes just going to skate in shoot at the goalies crest and kill the rush.

Your right we didn't play that bad, we had the pressure in the second, a few good bounces our way and we win that game. But like you said we won't score and get those lucky bounces if we don't throw the puck on the net. Sedins need to realize this, it's playoffs, Put the puck on net and you never know what can happen. A shot with a save is a better opportunity than no shot at all

I wish/pray AV puts the speed line back together.....they were having a hard time keeping up with Hansen in Game 1. I'd love to see three speedsters out there on 1 line.....

Sedins...please stop being perfectionists and just SHOOT THE PUCK!!!

Kes feeling better will help 100%....

GO CANUCKS GO !!

Will Luongo write another chapter in Canucks history?

Will the saga continue...

If he can play lights out like he did in game one we'll be fine as long as hamhuis and the boys wake up.

THE SAGA WILL CONTINUE. LIVE AND DIE BY OUR GOALTENDING

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Archived