The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dustin Browns style of play

So this has had me thinking about this so called Captain and his style of play.

dustinknee_medium_medium.gif

This is absolutely brutal and I'm losing all respect for this guy. This is exactly the type of stuff we are trying to eliminate in the NHL and heres 1 of 30 captains in the league displaying terrible judgement.... Who puts there elbow up when you are going to miss the hit ?

I wish the act could be suspendable because this could have been a terrible terrible incident. Luckily for all parties Schwartz was able to avoid the elbow from the Kings leader.

This guy is a joke and needs to be watched a little closer as the Matt Cooke within him is coming out as hes losing his edge.

Dustin got Suspended 2 game at the end of the season for the other elbow in Jason Pominville. Makes me sick.

tumblr_inline_mls3i4JBnT1qz4rgp.gif

hhit.gif

Although this didn't connect because Tallinder is exactly 4 inches taller then Brown. Here is another Elbow up hit.

tumblr_m9sac3JbDx1roooo1o1_500.gif

^Not only the elbow, look at him stick his knee out too. This guy is worse than Marchment was.

Dustin Brown is a diry piece of trash, I've been saying it for years while others have defended his style of play. The guy plays with the intent to injure but tries to mask it with a thin veil of legality. However, sometimes he doesn't even try to hide his dirtiness.

Remember this beauty?

http://youtu.be/Dlg4qpHumVk

Too bad the NHL is in love with L.A. There was no penalty on this play! They continue to let this guy run rampant all over other players, it's a complete joke.

the elbow /forearm is aimed at his shoulder what is wrong with that? he got a penalty becaused he missed and they went knee on knee.. go watch ringette if you dont like it ... bieksa speared havlat right in the balls and took him out of the game but i guess thats ok seeing how its a canuck and not a king.

the elbow /forearm is aimed at his shoulder what is wrong with that? he got a penalty becaused he missed and they went knee on knee.. go watch ringette if you dont like it ... bieksa speared havlat right in the balls and took him out of the game but i guess thats ok seeing how its a canuck and not a king.

He's "one of those guys you'd love to play with but hate to play against" because in the playoffs that kind of "play" shows "heart", apparently. His hits do change games, but mostly not in the way that you'd want them to be (guy on other team leaves injured, but I guess that's part of the power forward game)

Honestly not sure whether I dislike him or Chara more, since Big Z only uses his size to bully smaller guys in "fights" (through rag-dolling them) but when he's challenged by anyone with even an ounce of fighting ability he would either just tackle him down (him vs. Laraque) or he just grabs onto the guy. These borderline hits, while different, aren't better than Big Z's intimidation tactics.

I was especially pissed off with that knee and attempted elbow to the head. The NHL really needs to make a statement. If a player is so obviously trying to throw a vicious elbow to someone's head, they need to be suspended. How this clown only gets 2 minutes for tripping because he missed that headshot is ridiculous.

I didnt even notice the elbow at first as I was watching for the knee on knee as he kept extending his leg toward the st.louis player while his body went away from him. He is a dirty player and its to bad cause he can also be a really good player, but definatly not a fan of his.

Archived