The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dustin Browns style of play

I'm not off topic at all, actually.

He's won a cup, so how can you completely discount his apparent style of play?

I would absolutely LOVE to have this player on my team. Plays on the edge. At times crosses it. Hurts more players than he gets hurt by. Not that it was 'all him' last year, but it all equates to winning.

ps. Bringing up a person's post count is going completely off-topic. You think i care how many posts i have?

the elbow /forearm is aimed at his shoulder what is wrong with that? he got a penalty becaused he missed and they went knee on knee.. go watch ringette if you dont like it ... bieksa speared havlat right in the balls and took him out of the game but i guess thats ok seeing how its a canuck and not a king.

I'm not off topic at all, actually.

He's won a cup, so how can you completely discount his apparent style of play?

I would absolutely LOVE to have this player on my team. Plays on the edge. At times crosses it. Hurts more players than he gets hurt by. Not that it was 'all him' last year, but it all equates to winning.

ps. Bringing up a person's post count is going completely off-topic. You think i care how many posts i have?

Sure, anyone is free to knock him and go on and on about how he's a joke. Doesn't change the fact that he's a winner and his style brings about winning. He is exactly the type of player this team needs, actually.

However, i'm no Dustin Brown nuthugger. My respect for him wanes when he dives, and he does that a lot too.

the elbow /forearm is aimed at his shoulder what is wrong with that? he got a penalty becaused he missed and they went knee on knee.. go watch ringette if you dont like it ... bieksa speared havlat right in the balls and took him out of the game but i guess thats ok seeing how its a canuck and not a king.

He has very little knowledge of the game but is very desperate to participate in conversations.

I've never read a single one of his posts where he actually provides some degree of insight. Some people are just lazy and prefer not to provide insight. But, after 25,000+ posts, laziness is not the issue here....

Not sure why people are saying he couldn't be suspended for this hit. He hasn't been, and I haven't heard anything about a hearing, but that doesn't mean they couldn't say he stuck his knee and elbow out in this hit two games after being suspended for elbowing a player in the head so he'll be suspended because it's an illegal play.

If I was involved in the disciplinary committee, I'd recommend he be suspended for the act but they're letting it go because of the outcome. I'd do the same for Marchand (or anyone else!) who recklessly swings their stick at someone after they get poked (as he did by JVR in the first game) whether or not it made contact, that should at least be a phone call.

He's one of the biggest punks in the game. Sickening that he won a cup too.

Last year everyone was saying he's a great player that plays on edge. I said he's a punk.

It's a shame that it takes countless attacks before people wake up and realize how dirty some of these players really are.

"who cares, its the playoffs."

-CDC when a Canucks player makes a dirty play

"what a dirty POS"

-CDC when a non Canuck makes a dirty play.

Not defending Brown in any way, I just find this interesting.

Archived