Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canuckbeliever

Gryba gets 2 games for Eller hit

104 posts in this topic

And the NHL does it again, suspending because of the result instead of the act.

wow, i am shocked definitely need to watch the video explanation for this one.

A clean hit gone bad due to a suicide pass, a two game suspension is a joke.

Not every hard hit is a dirty hit. It was without a doubt, a clean hit.

I'm completely shocked he got 2 games, wow.

Well, If this was indeed a bad hit then it deserves 20 not 2

What a joke call. Fence sitting at it's finest.

The Ference hit was a clear shot to the head, he didnt even try to hit him with the body and he got 1 game. This was a clean hit and Gryba gets 2. They are fracking all over the place with these suspensions.

And Ference only gets one... Once again, Shanny continues to tarnish his lustrous playing career with all these biased, and idiotic suspensions (or lack of).

So I guess this is the checklist for what's a suspension.

• Illegal check

• Injury on the play

i wonder if he would of gotten less or more if the game wasn't tonight definitely have to factor that into his decision

Not every hard hit is a dirty hit. It was without a doubt, a clean hit.

I'm completely shocked he got 2 games, wow.

I honestly have no idea how they reach these decisions. Its as if they put a bunch of random numbers in a hat and pick one out. I honestly didn't believe that hit was suspendable...Don't get me wrong I feel horrible for Eller but it was a suicide pass and it was a clean hit IMO.

So I guess this is the checklist for what's a suspension.

• Illegal check

• Injury on the play

Stupid decision by the league. I guess the only thing that might be said is that Eller was in a vulnerable position but the hit was still clean so WTF Shanny.

The Ference hit was a clear shot to the head, he didnt even try to hit him with the body and he got 1 game. This was a clean hit and Gryba gets 2. They are fracking all over the place with these suspensions.

It's borderline disgusting that a young player who stepped up physically against an opponent in a clean manner, respecting the rules of the NHL has been suspended by the NHL for two games.

It's a crime and the only blessing in disguise is the player doesn't have to deal with Prust or someone taking liberties on him in tonight's game, although I am sure he'd answer the bell.

It's easy to scratch your head at what's coming out of Shanahan's office and I can imagine it is an unforgiving and difficult job to giveout the punishment, but there is reason to belive a criteria can be followed and on a case by case situation a resolution can come from these incidents. It blows my mind that there is so much inconsistency here.

I honestly think the majority of the damage happened when he slammed his face onto the ice (as opposed to the contact to the head via hit).