The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Heart >> Skills

Anima

Just watching the St. Louis Blues the first 2 games, boy, they are an emotional bunch who is hitting anything that move and blocking every shot at will.....their post goal celebration shows how excited and how much they want the Cup.....

I honestly haven't seen that in the Canucks since Max Lapierre's goal in Game 5 of the SCF in 2011....where's the will? We need like 5 Brendan Gallagher clones out there...

We did manage to make a few hits of our own last game, so that's clearly not the only factor. We need more from a number of players and it'll be our skill that makes the difference whether we win or lose if you ask me.

I think saying it's all about heart is oversimplifying things. All the teams in the playoffs I'm sure want the Cup more than anything. It usually comes down to who has the most confidence and momentum.

The Canucks do seem to lack the emotion that takes them to the next level of play. The team leaders (Henrik. Daniel and AV) are calm and unemotional and the rest of the team seems to follow their lead. Having a leader like Dustin Brown, Backes, Callahan or Doan can get their teams fired up. Maybe it's up to someone like Kesler and/or Bieksa to take a leadership role - it is frustrating to see them going through the motions in a Stanley Cup playoff game.

Imagine if this team took a chance on marty stlouis and drafted Ryan callahan. I wish we had heart. Idk what it is, if it is our coaching or leadership we play dry.

This year all of the teams in the playoffs are even (maybe NYI should be replaced), all teams can beat each other it comes down to who down right wants it the most.

Imagine if this team took a chance on marty stlouis and drafted Ryan callahan. I wish we had heart. Idk what it is, if it is our coaching or leadership we play dry.

This year all of the teams in the playoffs are even (maybe NYI should be replaced), all teams can beat each other it comes down to who down right wants it the most.

Archived