Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anima

Heart >> Skills

41 posts in this topic

And when heart meets skill we get Crosby...

If the Canucks lose tonight, I'm sure there'll be a "The Canucks have too many Europeans" thread.

Hansen and Burrows are the only Canucks playing with heart. Burrows, Kesler, the Sedins and just about everyone else needs to step it up and play with urgency

Isles showed the kind of heart tonight the Canucks could only dream of.

Canadians>>>>>>>Swedes>>>>>>>>>>Amuricans

Na na na na. Na na na na. Hey. Hey. Hey. GOOD BYE

I think we might see beastmode Kes tonight if he is healthy enough.....

Those comments by the Sharks are definitely going to piss him off.

I think we actually played good. Just some horrible plays. Focus on Game 3 and stay in the series.

Just watching the St. Louis Blues the first 2 games, boy, they are an emotional bunch who is hitting anything that move and blocking every shot at will.....their post goal celebration shows how excited and how much they want the Cup.....

I honestly haven't seen that in the Canucks since Max Lapierre's goal in Game 5 of the SCF in 2011....where's the will? We need like 5 Brendan Gallagher clones out there...

Until the Canucks defense learns how to box out the front of the net and clear a rebound they don't have a hope in this series. Heart means nothing. Let the other team play with heart and lose while you play with your brains and win. Learn from Boston/LA/San Jose.

We did manage to make a few hits of our own last game, so that's clearly not the only factor. We need more from a number of players and it'll be our skill that makes the difference whether we win or lose if you ask me.

First of all the amount of "skill" on the Canucks has been highly overrated by everyone from Gillis on down. Second, the ease with which this team quits when faced with the slightest bit of adversity is disturbing.

Mason Raymond - if he wanted to stay in Vancouver he has certainly went about it the wrong way. Basically faded away the last month of the regular season and has been invisible in the playoffs.

Chris Higgins - damn lucky he signed his new contract BEFORE the playoffs.

Derek Roy - $5 mil per season? Really? His value drops every shift.

Jannik Hansen - contributed nothing, not even getting chances to score

Kevin Bieksa - I give him credit for at least trying to play, but obviously he is injured and a shadow of himself.

Training is nothing, The will is everything!

The will to act!

A balance of the two would be nice. St.L is all heart with little skill, which frankly, it pretty boring to watch.

I wonder how the Nucks would look if MG could have secured Clowe, Torres and a grindy 3rd line C.

They have skill too. You are clueless if think the stanly cup winners have only heart and no skill. It takes skill and the heart to win games. I would think canucks are missing both as they have trouble scoring

A balance of the two would be nice. St.L is all heart with little skill, which frankly, it pretty boring to watch.

I wonder how the Nucks would look if MG could have secured Clowe, Torres and a grindy 3rd line C.

Heart is an attitude. Not a nationality, not a genetic factor. Not a style of play.

The right attitude leads to playing with a lot of heart, attitude is something we are missing.

New coach can find that again in these players. Why these players? Because with contracts and who they are we cant really do anything right now and they are good players playing with no winning attitude and that means no heart.