The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2 Sharks 3

SvenBae

I wouldn't even be worried about that. The team plays better when things get physical.

Who cares if we face a softer team like San Jose, when our players just play emotionless most of the time.

We play our best against Chicago for a reason. And I think LA would have brought the same thing out of them. Instead, we have a boring series where neither team is really bringing much of anything so far.

If, as the team keeps saying, the playoffs are all that matter, Kesler showed why he should be wearing the "C". THe Sedins are embarrassing in their lack of physicality and leadership. I mean, do they really inspire confidence? Would you really be inclined to go out there nad sacrifice your body for the team knowing that after you bleed to gain the O-zone, the Twins will go out for their shift and poke at the puck from a safe distance?

Such a shame we'll be trading one our few players that has played well in these playoffs...

Relying on Lu way too much.

Kesler is the only Canuck to score this series. How sad.

The Sedins are being too cute with the puck at the wrong times. They did manage to assist on our PP goal.

Reffing awful again. 1 PP all game? So many non calls. Playoff hockey is a joke. Yet everyone just accept that the refs put their whistles away, or better yet, do whatever they please. Pathetic.

What's "pathetic" about it? Specifically?

He made an open-ended statement. A suggestion. Which basically put the ball in the players court without calling them out, or naming names in public. I'd call that a perfectly fine tactic. But then, you've already stated your hatred for AV, so everything he does or says is ridiculously filtered through your bias.

seriously if we lose in the 1st round I want Sedins and AV gone! AV puts the Sedins on the ice when we're trying to protect a lead and sitting back and thats when the Sharks tie it up. We need more Keslers on this team, RoR is said to be available from the Avs would love to have a young Kesler here. Sedins have not been a factor at all, AGIAN!.

even if we did get the kings again, and say we did manage to win that series, they will make this team work. that will be a pretty ugly series. with the blues/kings series now; it's a war zone. should this team make it out of that series, they're going to be pretty banged up because they will make sure that we have injured players, especially dustin brown. that guy shows no remorse. thats the thing with playoff hockey. can't underestimate anyone. who here honestly thought that raffi torres would get the game winner? that was the biggest F-U of the series as far as i'm concerned

So, this years draft class is pretty sweet. With no Presidents Trophy (thus 29th pick) hanging over their heads - a 1st round exit might have 1 slight bright light...... should they lose.... which they haven't yet.... but you get my drift....

Anyone know how they determine draft seeding after the 14 who missed playoffs? Is it whatever teams gets eliminated 1st gets the 15th pick?

Also,

Jeff Paterson@patersonjeff 1m

I like the way #Canucks Higgins plays (most nights), but he's now gone 17 playoff games w/out a goal. Raymond gone 16

I dunno if Canucks deserve to be in the playoff with this dismal performance from most our guys. Maybe they should handed it over to the Columbus...they deserve more the way Canucks is playing. With the exception of Kesler and Luo, Canucks players were playing -1 b*ll missing.

Torres winning the game for SJ????/ Hey AV and MG....remember this guy???? Why did you not renew the contract?

Its over. The leadership needs to be called into question along with management and coaching.

Hell some of the core needs to be flushed out as well.

The worst defensive players on the team on the ice with a minute left? Really AV?

Maybe our captain should learn how to clear the zone without throwing it up the middle.

Its a shame the best individual forward performance we've had in the playoffs since 2011 was wasted on such a lazy play and such a brutal pinch in OT.

Other than success in the regular season what have the twins really done in a physical playoff series. If they are the talented players that we know they are.. why does a scrub like Marc Edouard Vlasic know how to defend against them? Face it every team in the league now knows the book on them and the league has changed.

Their finesse play doesn't work anymore, and throwing them out their on a wing and a prayer no longer works, its stale and its old. In fact the only time they had any decent OZone time was when Kassian was with them.

In case you haven't noticed, all we have is small sample sizes thus far. Not many games have been played. Overall, you only have (at max) a 7 game sample size for series. Obviously.

I'm saying it doesn't matter than 1 team was penalized more in the reg season than the other team. That playoff series rarely equate to the reg season penalty stats. I've posted the #'s over the previous 2 yrs.

I'm also saying the biggest differential, thus far, is in the SJS/Van series. Fact.

Also saying Canucks are getting the fewest PP opps per game of any playoff team. Fact.

Thus far, teams who are getting more PP opps in the series, are either tied or winning the series. Fact.

I'll add, Canucks haven't played a playoff series since 2009/10 with more PP time than opponent. Fact. Doesn't look like they will this yr either.

Considering the Canucks dominated in terms of possession this series, I find it hard to believe they don't have more PP opps than SJS in this series.

So, this years draft class is pretty sweet. With no Presidents Trophy (thus 29th pick) hanging over their heads - a 1st round exit might have 1 slight bright light...... should they lose.... which they haven't yet.... but you get my drift....

Archived