The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2 Sharks 3

SvenBae

Really? Cause we got outplayed most of the night and Luongo had to make alot more tough saves.

But some fans can just look at the final score I guess.

I still don't know how the Sedins can make more money than Luongo, and yet get none of the flack in their no show games. If every player on the team was judged evenly, Luongo would be way down the list of players that had a hand in this loss.

Its over. The leadership needs to be called into question along with management and coaching.

Hell some of the core needs to be flushed out as well.

The worst defensive players on the team on the ice with a minute left? Really AV?

Maybe our captain should learn how to clear the zone without throwing it up the middle.

Its a shame the best individual forward performance we've had in the playoffs since 2011 was wasted on such a lazy play and such a brutal pinch in OT.

Other than success in the regular season what have the twins really done in a physical playoff series. If they are the talented players that we know they are.. why does a scrub like Marc Edouard Vlasic know how to defend against them? Face it every team in the league now knows the book on them and the league has changed.

Their finesse play doesn't work anymore, and throwing them out their on a wing and a prayer no longer works, its stale and its old. In fact the only time they had any decent OZone time was when Kassian was with them.

Who cares though. We have 3 first round picks practicing right now, and not one of them are good enough to make an impact. (in AV's mind)

Gillis wants to pretend like he can mold the team like the Red Wings. Well guess what the Red Wings did this year? They put a bunch of young guys into their lineup and let them grow over the course of the season. Now they're having an impact.

I don't buy that Schroeder's elite passing wouldn't be helping this team right now.

Who cares though. We have 3 first round picks practicing right now, and not one of them are good enough to make an impact. (in AV's mind)

Gillis wants to pretend like he can mold the team like the Red Wings. Well guess what the Red Wings did this year? They put a bunch of young guys into their lineup and let them grow over the course of the season. Now they're having an impact.

I don't buy that Schroeder's elite passing wouldn't be helping this team right now.

Some of things I have read on here are UNBELIEVABLE.

How can anyone say that Luongo played bad? Are you kidding me?!

Secondly, I will say that this series will go to game 7, hopefully with the Canucks winning. Canucks deserved to win this game, they got very unlucky a few times and the calls obviously won't be going our way this series. Hamhuis looked really off tonight, almost as if he is injured.

And, last, how painfully predictable was it that the Canucks would fall into their defensive trap gamestyle and lose all the momentum after kesler put us ahead?

Anyways, Luongos played great, Kesler's play speaks for itself, and go Canucks Go! Canucks in 7, I truly believe that!

The Red Wings didn't actually do that. The one guy you could say is Nyquist, but he played fewer NHL games than Schroeder this year and has had an extra year of development.

The other guy Andersson hasn't really made much of a difference.

just because our top players cant score without PPs doesnt make playoff hockey a joke because less gets called , it makes us a joke and whats pathetic is blaming the refs for 43 years ... kesler was running guys late all game and couldev easily got a charging call on the big hit at the end of the 2nd burrows got away with a terrible nut shot .. i bet you thought it was fine the refs had the whistle put away then didnt you. its simple everyone loves the intencity of playoff hockey all the players ramp up their agression so unless you want to see 0 flow to the game and a parade to the box this is what u get and id rather have this then a special teams contest

While I think their odds are slim, I still believe Canucks can turn it around and still win the series. They just need more of their players to step up, not just Kesler. The Bruins erased a 2-0 defecit against us in 2011 and won the series, and serveral other teams in the past have done it too. Just need to believe in miracles.

However iff they do go down 3-0 after next game, that would about all she wrote, there'd be no hope if that happens.

Nyquist, Emmerton, Andersson, and Dekeyser all have played important minutes for them in the playoffs.

Dekeyser was picked up late but still has played well.

The point is, Detroit realizes that they are an older team. So while they're still somewhat competitive and can make the playoffs, they're giving some young guys a chance to develop. That's what good teams do.

At this point, is it really gonna hurt this teams chances to have Jensen on the third line? He really can't produce any less than our current third liners.

Nyquist, Emmerton, Andersson, and Dekeyser all have played important minutes for them in the playoffs.

Dekeyser was picked up late but still has played well.

The point is, Detroit realizes that they are an older team. So while they're still somewhat competitive and can make the playoffs, they're giving some young guys a chance to develop. That's what good teams do.

At this point, is it really gonna hurt this teams chances to have Jensen on the third line? He really can't produce any less than our current third liners.

Archived