The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2 Sharks 3

SvenBae

I think what really seperates the canucks and those championship teams, is the effort. Sure, were not as good as we were in 2011 but we are still a oustanding team on paper. It is not the management's fault that the team is struggling it's the players fault.TO be fairly blunt, from what I've seen this year this team can not have constiently been able to string two games and have effort for all of the game. i know were only down 2-0 but the canucks can still comeback I believe in this team and I believe we will comeback 2-0 is not the worst situation u can be in

yesterday i saw a solid game out of the boys lets hope they can match the same intensity next game.

Me too. It's disheartening to be down two games, but it happens - someone wins and someone loses.

Kes made me cry as he did what leaders are all about and said "OK, I need to do this - I'm GOING to do this" and did. If every single guy puts the team on their back like that, plays with determination that has fire shooting out of their eyes, we stand a chance.

I saw a solid game too. I hate that so many slough this off as "meh, they're not trying".....of COURSE they are. San Jose are too - and let's give credit where it's due. It's not about the Canucks playing poorly last night, it's about both teams battling and one came out on top. Sure, some of our guys are slumping and a little disjointed right now but that isn't a given that it's a forever deal. In one game players can turn things around...we saw last night how Kes had an impact.

I don't care that I'm labeled cheerleader homer of the year....I'm a half full glass person and have a "we'll see" attitude in this.

Go Canucks Go, it ain't over yet. Yes, a very big hole, but San Jose likely will be a little concerned and this team does have the ability to beat them.

Why is everyone crapping a chicken? Its game 2,of a shortened season. Cry me a freakin river. Maybe it is best our boys get a chance to regroup and heal injuries from this SHORTENED season. My goodness,the team that wins this season is going to be ridiculed by all the other fans,cause that team "Would not have won if it was a full season"...It will be said,and I for one and fine with Vancouver not making it to the final stage this season. Screw the short season,and screw all the negativity towards the Canucks..You want to bash Vancouver,go be a Boston fan,or Chicago....

Edler playing 27 minutes and the Sedins being on the ice when the Sharks went with an extra attacker are inexcusable coaching gaffs by AV. Edler may be built like a #1 defensemen, but he certainly is not. Hamhuis is this teams #1 defensemen, he and Garrison should be seeing the most ice time. How AV doesn't see this baffles me.

I've played and watched way too much hockey in my life to think they have a chance in this series. They're not in a hole. They're in the underworld. Sure teams have come back from 0-2, but this one just does not have the character, leadership or coaching to do so. I hope they get blown out in the next two games and change begins. Sorry I can't be a mindless optimist.

Why is everyone crapping a chicken? Its game 2,of a shortened season. Cry me a freakin river. Maybe it is best our boys get a chance to regroup and heal injuries from this SHORTENED season. My goodness,the team that wins this season is going to be ridiculed by all the other fans,cause that team "Would not have won if it was a full season"...It will be said,and I for one and fine with Vancouver not making it to the final stage this season. Screw the short season,and screw all the negativity towards the Canucks..You want to bash Vancouver,go be a Boston fan,or Chicago....

I've played and watched way too much hockey in my life to think they have a chance in this series. They're not in a hole. They're in the underworld. Sure teams have come back from 0-2, but this one just does not have the character, leadership or coaching to do so. I hope they get blown out in the next two games and change begins. Sorry I can't be a mindless optimist.

No idea why the Sedins are out there at the end of the 3rd period. 6-on-5, essentially a penalty kill, and AV puts out our powerplay of Sedins, Burrows, Edler and Bieksa. WTF.

You have Lapierre and Roy on the bench who are used to blocking shots and killing penalties, but put out the Sedins...

This lost is on AV's shoulders. How many times has it come back and bite him in the ass to just sit back and defend. Canucks had all the momentum but with 7 mins left AV wants to defend. This is the new NHL where you have to keep attacking not the 80s or 90s hockey brand. Terrible play by Henrik throwing in the middle with less than 30 seconds left in the game. Bad play by Edler but unluck about the bounce the puck did off of burns' shin pads.

I absolutely love this post. It actually explains why Schneider is the better option than Luongo(which I still disagree with), but it's nice to see someone make a point of it without using "because he sucks and is mentally weak and stuff "

Overall, I still feel Luongo is better than Schneider, however with the style of the Canucks team and the defense, Schneider is better for the Canucks than Luongo is.

EDIT: It's kind of funny(not haha funny) that everyone is now finally saying the Sedins should go, even though I've been saying this for years and each and every time I say it I get absolutely blasted.

Yes, it will be tough to see their class go and a Canucks team without them just wouldn't feel right, but it amuses me that everyone is now finally jumping on them, kind of in a" I told you so" sense.

What's scary is when people see our team display a solid effprt and we still lost.

That means we have totally zero chance against them in their home court where they've been stelar all season.

l am tired of Gillis and the regular-season-only coach AV.

Archived