The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2 Sharks 3

SvenBae

What's weird is its always Kesler going in playoffs himself. Usually when a lines hot its at least two guys racking up the points. What does this mean, kesler plays by himself? Higgins just disappears? He's not using his linemates? But he wasn't even playing Center for full game.

I know everyone hates Raymond, I do as well, but how the hell do you sign a guy like Higgins to a four year, 10 million dollar contract?! HE HASN'T SCORED A ???? GOAL IN 17 PLAYOFF GAMES. USELESS, just like everyone on this team besides Kes and Luo.

And Hansen? Dear Lord...how is it possible to miss an empty net from centre ice!? frack ME.

I hope Luo goes to a decent team in the offseason, guy deserves to win the Stanley Cup on a better team.

So Edler gets out-worked by Thornton on the 1st goal - soley responsibly for that goal.

Edler completely loses his man on the Marleau tying goal - partially his fault, partially Luongo's for not squeezing it.

Edler gets his shot blocked, then a horrible pinch leading to a 2-on-1 - partially his fault, partially Bieksa's for not blocking the pass.

A well deserved -3. Disgusting, Edler cost us the game. He cost us a couple of games against L.A That's one playoffs, a horrible regular season and another bad playoffs in a row. Time for MG to start thinking about trading this guy. He and Bieksa are terrible together - no idea why AV has them together.

Of course Kesler was amazing, but the rest of the team was invisible. Higgins and Hansen played well, Roy and Burrows were invisible.

I still have no idea why Burrows is on the top line. Say what you want, he's been one of our worst, most unproductive forwards in the playoffs and he's sucking the life out of the twins. Handled so easily, he is being kept to the outside far too often. GET KASSIAN UP WITH THE TWINS. In the few minutes he plays with them, he is dominant down on the boards. NO ONE has been able to knock him off the puck, and he's the only Canuck forward brave enough to stand in the crease apart from Hansen.

For next game:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Higgins - Kesler - Hansen

Burrows - Roy - Raymond

Weise - Lapierre - Sestito

luongo

close your legs

stop belly flopping on a 2 on 1

i realize he is the reason it was only 1-0 going into the third period after that he was a non factor until the last 2 minutes where he gives up another late goal

i still have faith in him and the team especially with an effort like that tonight this team still has a chance no need to jump off quite yet bandwagoners

when this is over MG will do a post-season conference and shield AV from speaking to the press.

Nothing will happen in the summer, Luongo won't be traded and we'll start next season just like this ... it is Groundhog Day for the Canucks.

Put Jensen and Gaunce in. Put in Vandermeer and dish out some nasty morsels.

Our offense has stunk out the joint going back to last year. If we don't find some goal scoring, the headlines are going to read ' The Canucks score 5 goals in the playoffs and get swept in 4'

Canucks will take it in 7. Quote me, I dare you

I'm with you in this. Kes has shown the boys what level we need to take it to. Expect some to rally around him in that, I do.

I'm thinking Burr will be amped up. Hansen & Higgy. Let's do this (can we lace 'em up too?)

Put Jensen and Gaunce in. Put in Vandermeer and dish out some nasty morsels.

Our offense has stunk out the joint going back to last year. If we don't find some goal scoring, the headlines are going to read ' The Canucks score 5 goals in the playoffs and get swept in 4.If Danneil Sedin is hurt, put him in sick bay. If he is not injured, sit him in the press box because he is not paying the price to do his part in getting a win. You can't give up on the play because you have to take a bump. I hate to pick on Daniel but something is seriously wrong with him. If he is not capable of performing an offensive role and being a shooter then he shouldn't be playing.Put Roy and Kesler together and give them free reign to get the job done. Move Garrison to the top PP unit. And give some smelling salts to Edler.'

LOL - I have been bashed many times for being critical of Kassian. Also heard many times that I would be eating crow come playoff time... I have my hot sauce ready. I would love to be proven wrong at this point.

Doesn't matter where Kesler or the Sedins play. Whatever line the Sedins are on will be called the first line.

IMO this loss is solely on Vigneault's head. Who in their right mind has the twins out in the last minute of a one goal game trying to protect the lead?!?!?! I can think of 9 better options.

Archived