The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2 Sharks 3

SvenBae

stupid system. if you can call it a system. play hard get the lead sit back poorly protect a 1 goal lead lose in ot. sounds like the regular season.

i love the fact that louie will be with the nucks longer than the douche coach that screwed him over.not to mention the new coach might like to have a proven and DURABLE #1 guy.

This is what is wrong with Sedin as a leader..."I liked the way we played yesterday"...WTF? He should be talking about not being able to close it out in Game 2 and speaking about how they are going to execute to win Game 3. Ridiculous that he's trying to put a positive spin on a poor outcome. We were all witnesses to what happened.

He's all calm off the ice, but give him the puck in his own zone with less than a minute, and it's all panic resulting in throwing the puck through the middle to start the meltdown. Where was the calm and composure when it counted on the ice, Henrik? Stop your BS chatter and start showing your sh!t on the ice.

And Kesler: "if we play the same way in game 3, I like our chances" . Moron, it didn't work in game 2, why do you want to do the same in game 3?? and why would the result be different. Definition os stupidity: doing the same thing and expecting a different result. It should be: "we will play a lot better in game 3 starting with myself (whoever speaks).

We need lineup changes tomorrow; C'mon AV pleaaaaaaaaase change the god damn lines! Look at Toronto, they changed up their lines and they ended up beating Boston today...

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Z. Kassian

M. Raymond - R. Kesler - A. Burrows

C. Higgins - D. Roy - J. Hansen

S. Pinizzotto - M. Lapierre - D. Weise

D. Hamhuis - J. Garrison

K. Ballard/A. Edler - K. Bieksa

A. Alberts - C. Tanev/F. Corrado

R. Luongo/C. Schneider

Well said. Everyone wants Schneids and he hasn't even play a full season as a starter, supposedly he is the starter this yr and only playing 25-30 gms and what he is injured before the most important time of the yr. Doesn't look like a work horse to me.

Also has the flu twice this yr.

30 games in a 48 game season = 51 games, which is roughly a 22% increase over last season. If we extrapolate that over to next season, the numbers dictate that Schneider should start in the neighbourhood of 62 games next season which to me is a starter's workload.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with easing Schneider into the starter's role, and actually makes sense given we had the luxury of Luongo sitting on the bench.

If you believe that Schneider purposely got hurt, and would rather be in the press box than playing, you have some serious delusions.

AV and MG are both ass hats, but for once they have actually done something decent with regards to player development in Schneider. People are going to be pleasantly surprised next season with Schneiders performance.

I also strongly advocate for Kesler to assume the captaincy.

If life were a video game, this is how I would within reason, reconstruct the team:

Untouchables

Kesler

Kassian

Higgins

Hansen

Burrows

Lapierre (Re-Signed)

Hamhuis

Garrison

Tanev

Corrado

Bieksa (He's a large part of the heart and soul of this team)

Alberts (Amazing bottom pairing/depth d-man)

Schneider

Futures (Untouchable)

Jensen

Gaunce

Lain

Players with NMC/NTC that can be traded prior to new contracts kicking in this summer:

Edler

Players with existing NMC/NTC that would need to waive to be able to trade

Sedin

Sedin

Luongo (We know he will waive)

Players we need to offload

Booth

Ballard

Given the untouchables list the roster next season would look like this:

________ - Kesler (5.000M) - ________

Higgins (2.500M) - ________ - Hansen (1.350M)

Burrows (4.000M) - Lapierre (2.000M) - Kassian (0.870M)

________ - ________ - ________

Pinizzotto (0.750M)

Hamhuis (4.500M) - Bieksa (4.600M)

Garrison (4.600M) - Corrado (0.600M)

Alberts (1.500M) - Tanev (1.025)

________

Schneider (4.000M)

________

(37.295M)

Holes to fill: 1st line LW & RW, 2nd line C, Entire 4th line, Backup Goalie, Depth DMan (27.005M to play with)

Trade bait:

Sedin, Sedin, Edler, Luongo (Representing 22.530M in Cap)

Players to target:

4th Line:

• Boyd Gordon: Solid defensive player, 29 years old 6'0 200.

2 year term at 1.750/year AAV

• Colby Armstrong; 30 Years old, hasn't regained his offensive touch but still plays a solid physical game, 6'2 195

• Blake Comeau; 27 Years old, hard gritty player, can pot some occasional points, 6'0, 195

2nd Line:

• Tyler Bozak: Really coming into his own. Solid 2 way player, 6'1, 195.

3 year term at 3.750/year AAV

1st Line:

• RW, Teddy Purcell: 27 Years old, Point scoring trending up. Edler + Schroeder + 2014 1st for Purcell + Connolly

• LW, Alex Ovechkin: Ovenchicken. 'Nuff said. Sedin + Sedin + Luongo + 2013 1st for Ovechkin + Neuvirth

Lineup (With Point Production Extrapolation)

Ovechkin (9.538M) - Kesler (5.000M) - Purcell (4.500M) = 19.038M : 91G 126A = 217P

Higgins (2.500M) - Bozak (3.750M) - Hansen (1.350M) = 7.600M : 58G 67A = 125P

Burrows (4.500M) - Lapierre (2.000M) - Kassian (0.870M) = 7.370M : 42G 37A = 79P

Armstrong (1.750M) - Gordon (1.750M) - Comeau (1.750M) = 5.250M : 21G 34A = 55P

Pinizzotto (0.750M)

40.008M

Hamhuis (4.500M) - Bieksa (4.600M) : 19G 47A = 66P

Garrison (4.600M) - Corrado (0.600M) : 13G 13A = 26P

Alberts (1.500M) - Tanev (1.025) : 4G : 13A = 17P

Depth DMan: 0.800M

17.625M

Total Offensive production: 248G / 82GP = 3.0 GF/G

Schneider: 4.000M

Neuvirth: 2.500M

6.500M

Total Roster Cap (22 Man): 64.133M = 0.167M Under Cap.

Burr invisible? :huh: He must have had six shots on net, including flying in short handed. I can grant he missed an open net; but Burr is one of the guys putting everything on the line.

Burr and Roy invisible. Suppose to help secondary scoring. Call up Schroeder please.

I like your trade ideas and we're potentially stronger come playoff time. But Hansen and Higgins on the 2nd line is a bit of a stretch and scares me. Kesler should definitely be untouchable but if he gets injured is your team strong enough (offensively) to get us into the playoffs?

The dozen amazing stops he made weren't enough? How about the captain not playing the puck in the slot in an attempt to clear the zone?

How about Edler take his man on all three goals? How about Edler not pinch when it's not needed resulting in the GWG?

I was happy that Luongo was on his way out, but he's stood on his head this series. This loss was not by any means Luongo's fault.

Archived