The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2 Sharks 3

SvenBae

lol Gillis and AV.

Bring in Burke

The guy along with with Nonis built this core and now the leafs are enjoying some success because of burke.

Gillis wasted this core's last 2 years by somehow making the 2011 team way worse and putting this team in cap trouble at the same time.

Kesler doesn't deserve to lose, Sedins were crap. Every goal let in, Luongo was on the floor for every goal let in, Raymond was useless can't wait till he leaves. Rip that C off Henrik, Henrik was not a leader he was junk.

Tough loss. Kesler battled hard tonight, unfortunately there are 18 other guys who need to show up.

Series is over IMO. I said from the get-go, they needed to win all games on home ice to take this series. They didn't, so I'd say it's over. SJS is a dynamite team on home ice.

Officiating is such a joke. Hard to win games when the opponent consistently gets more PP time than you. The VAN-SJS series is the most lopsided in terms of PP opps.

Van (5)-SJS (9) = 4 differential

Stl (8)-LA (5) = 3 differential

Bos(5)-Tor(3) = 2 differential

Chi(7)- Min(6) = 1 differential

Det (9)-Ana (8) = 1 differential

Pits(7)- Nyi (8)= 1 differential

Was (5)-NYR (4)= 1 differential

Habs(6)- Ott(6)= even

Funny how every team that has a positive PP differential is either winning, or tied, in their series - then tell me officiating doesn't matter. Technically, Van only had 3 PP opps in 2 GP. They are averaging the fewest amount of PP opp's per game than any other team in the playoffs. Tough to win any game this way.

Here is how the rest of this series goes and you can quote it. Canucks win game three, 3-2 barely surviving. Canucks will then get blown out in game four, 5-1. Canucks come home in a must win, crap the bed and lose 2-0. Series over. No rebuild, no firings, no key signings. We will get a guy who could be great if he only returns to form from a couple of years ago. I'm following through on my promise and not watching another game for the Canucks this playoffs.

Well coached AV. You took another deuce in this game.

You can never feel safe with this team. One minute Kesler is beasting it up, and the team has found this sudden surge of energy and the Sharks look completely overwhelmed. Another minute, Henrik makes one of the most stupid plays I've seen and they're back in it.

We played well enough to win this game, but the Canucks haven't had puck luck this series so far. Also, Edler and Bieksa's extremely crappy play doesn't help us one bit. You can't expect to win when your defense looks like they have just played their first NHL game. Complete gaping holes on our defensive core.

It stung when Torres score, a whole lot. Really wanted this guy back on our team, and I was pretty disappointed when he wasn't. Interesting that Gillis thought that this current team was play-off ready when our 4th line played like 3.5 minutes. You don't win a cup by not rolling out all of your lines.

Luongo was stellar, absolutely amazing. Got me off of my seat more than he should have. Since the organization has fracked him over, he gets a fresh slate to start the play-offs and keeps us completely in it, yet the team in front of him falters. His 2nd goal was one that was weak but seriously Henrik :picard: .

I don't know what to think for next game.. being hopeful with this team never pays off.

Honestly, the intuitive move was to promote Craig MacTavish to head coach last summer. I mean, it was screamingly obvious that the Vigneault era had run it's course and equally obvious that the head coaching job here was the thing that MacT always coveted. And even Vigneault would have had a real shot at the Montreal job, maybe even the inside track. Wasted season, blown opportunities all across the board.

Mike Gillis has no feel for the needs of the team. I'm sure he's a good bullter, but bull only gets you in the door. Then you need some real expertise.

heart breaking loss, almost like when mitchell couldnt get the puck out yrs ago vs hawks

the team hasnt played good enough to win. gm 2 is better than 1 by far, but D was giving up too many chances

i havent count them out yet. win gm 3 and you never know. plenty of teams have come from 3-1 down. SJ is known for choking anyway

if they play their best in gm 3, the season may be still alive.

sedins were not very good in the last min, throwing pucks up the middle, diving around

edler is just not very good. i'm not impressed

kes found his gm

lui is in the zone

burr and sedins are still MIA

It's over. Canucks aren't beating San Jose 4 out of 5 times when we haven't even beaten them once in 5 tries this year.

That last two minutes sums up the Canucks franchise perfectly. Miss an open net by inches and the other team goes down to score. We NEVER have gotten the bounces when it matters. Yeah, yeah, Bieksa's bounce in the 2011 playoff run. Cool. We didn't win the Cup though did we? As I recall all the bounces went against us in the Finals. Early on in Game 7 Henrik had an open net and the puck bounced over his stick. It's crap like that happens all the fricken time to the Canucks. This team has been cursed ever since Day 1 back in 1970 when it looked like we had won the draft lottery but it turns out Buffalo won instead.

Well there's always next year right? Well you know what? I'm sick and tired of saying that at the end of every god damn year. The only fricken guy who plays with heart on this team is Kesler. He can't fricken do it alone. Once again the Sedins are nowhere to be found come playoffs. Surprise, surprise. F*** me.

Archived