The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2 Sharks 3

SvenBae

Well said. Everyone wants Schneids and he hasn't even play a full season as a starter, supposedly he is the starter this yr and only playing 25-30 gms and what he is injured before the most important time of the yr. Doesn't look like a work horse to me.

I have been watching the Canucks since the 93-94 epic season/playoffs and I have not been as frustrated as this year, not even when they couldn't make the playoffs. There were moments this year (including tonight) where I truly feel sorry for a couple of players for belonging to this team, as a handful of them actually deserve to be in a team with more integrity, grit, and desire (I'm looking at Kesler, Hansen, Lapierre, Luongo and also Schneider).

None of the defence made positive impression tonight. Most disappointed with Bieksa, Edler, and Raymond.

I feel like grumpy cat right now! Good thing French Open is starting.

lol Gillis and AV.

Bring in Burke

The guy along with with Nonis built this core and now the leafs are enjoying some success because of burke.

Gillis wasted this core's last 2 years by somehow making the 2011 team way worse and putting this team in cap trouble at the same time.

again, nobody knows what this word means. all of us fans are frustrated, and for good reason. this team choked away a game 2 win. it's that simple. all of this, lies on vigs. this team completely let up in the final minutes of the game to protect the lead, and what happened? the sharks kept pressing, they knew the canucks were protecting the lead, therefore, they knew the canucks would not fight back. we were doing SO WELL. this this team played aggressive, they kept pressing; something we haven't seen in a long time, then all of a sudden, with 6-7 minutes left in the game, just chipping the puck out of the zone. no forecheck at all. just sitting on the lead. same old song with alain vigneault

Why the Sedins were out there on the tying goal is beyond me. When you are trying to protect a lead with a minute left, you have your best checkers out there. The ones that usually kill penalties. The Sedins do not kill penalties. So here we are, up by one in a must win game and who do you have out there? Your worst defensive pair all night, and your slowest forwards. WTF? AV needs to be canned just for this. Even Gary Valk mentioned this on sportsnet. You put out your checking line, the ones that know how to block shots and clear the front of the net. The Sedins were lost out there, going down early to try and block shots that weren't even attempted.

As for Edler. Sure he provides some offense but his defensive play has been dismal now for over a year. I'm usually not one to suggest drastic moves but if the Canucks can get something decent for him this off-season they should seriously consider it.

For those that suggest that its only 2 games and that we can still come back, think back to what happened last year.

Canucks defence are just not good enough to win (poor puck management and very poor defensive coverage). It's the plays and smart breakouts they have to make in our own end that kickstarts the offence. Those plays aren't there, it is like watching a really sketchy game of badminton where the Canuck defence flips the puck as high as they can over the redline and hope it somehow eludes the opposition. Puck possession is completely out the window, and man does our offence suffer for it.

Really? Cause we got outplayed most of the night and Luongo had to make alot more tough saves.

But some fans can just look at the final score I guess.

I still don't know how the Sedins can make more money than Luongo, and yet get none of the flack in their no show games. If every player on the team was judged evenly, Luongo would be way down the list of players that had a hand in this loss.

When there was 1 minute left I was prettyy confident it would happen. Shades of game 7 vs Chicago in 2011 and Gold Medal Game in 2010 and countless others....Edler? Sedin, looking soooo weak out there!

Can't see a cup happening on the next 40 years.....

Archived