498 replies to this topic

#361 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,354 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:57 AM

My prediction was 2-1 tonight, I thought it was going to end that way, but no. Huge dissapointment.

The thing is right now San Jose is not even a dirty team. They are not. They are not scrappy, and we are out hitting them 2 to 1. So what is the problem? ARe they hightly offensive? If we can't beat a team we are badly out hitting and more talented on paper, then we need a major over haul with exception of keeping a good handful of players.

It's sad too, we made one mistake tonight, and that was game. It was a simple 2 on 1, btw, that was just god awful coverage by Bieksa. Just flat out terrible. Worst 2 on 1 coverage ever. I feel sorry for Luongo. He deserved better too.

If we lose in round 1, there needs to be major changes. Other wise, we can win the division title next year, yes, but it will once again be a round 1 defeat.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#362 whcanuck

whcanuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:58 AM

That's a tough loss. Now's here's where you see character in a team. For the naysayers, if the team is as weak-willed as you think, they will fold and drop this series in 5. If there's something mroe to them, they'll take both in San Jose. I have an idea of who's weighing this team down and who's valuable to the group. But I'll save those thoughts until we're facing elimination. Now we'll really see what this team is made of. Next game is the biggest game of the year. It's likely make or break for a lot of jobs, especially the coach. They can ho-hum their way through interviews and act like it's all ok. But all that matters to Francesco Aquilini and the ownership group is results. And if you can't produce them, he'll find someone who can. Let's find out. Game 3 is next.

#363 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:58 AM

There seems like there is some division.
and I get the feeling Kesler is not one of AV's guys and he's ok with that since he doesn't need a pat on the head and a cookie.
i have never doubted his desire to win, or his heart.
Same can't be said for alot of players on this team.

With what has happened this season, especially Schneider not even being healthy enough to sit on the bench despite nobody know what causes his mysterious "body injury," I really do think this team has waaaay more inner turmoil than what fans would like to think.
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#364 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,347 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:00 AM

With what has happened this season, especially Schneider not even being healthy enough to sit on the bench despite nobody know what causes his mysterious "body injury," I really do think this team has waaaay more inner turmoil than what fans would like to think.

it will come out in the season post mortem once the playoffs are over.
Some BS from Gillis.
Hopefully Aqualini will be forced to act when the media tears management and av to shreds.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#365 Yoshitomo

Yoshitomo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

The twins have been really disappointing so far. Unlike Kesler, I don't think they have another gear just for the playoffs. When our top line can't score, we're not going to win a series.

I really hope Edler gets benched. He's been struggling for so long.

Edited by Yoshitomo, 04 May 2013 - 01:07 AM.

"You wanna be a farmer? Here's a couple of acres!"

#366 Evil Eyeball

Evil Eyeball

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

I can't remember what it was but you had a totally sick prediction earlier this year

I truly believe this man has psychic abilities

I also think that this is the beginning of the end of the sharks, I don't know why I just do.

I am way less upset than game one, I think the team woke up and were victimized by a lucky few bounces.

I really think its going to be a beating on the sharks next game.

The Stanchion giveth and the Stanchion taketh away
Lucky bounces go both ways but I think Its time we crush them at their house

Kessler probably roared at everyone in the dressing room as he toweled off all his blue fur.

#367 burrkesjuice

burrkesjuice

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:11 AM

Get Burrows off the 1st line and put F&*@ING Kassian there already, AV ya bonehead! Kassian is a beast when he plays with the Sedins, f&*@ what anybody says we need offensive production; so what if Kassian is only good with the Sedins, at least we'll get some offense being generated.

Burrows is an amazing player but he was completely invisible tonight, except for that shot he had off the rush when he came out of the penalty box. The defense sucked; Garrison and Hamhuis I felt were the only 2 good defensemen tonight. WTF was up with Bieksa and Edler?! The rest of the team was pretty non-existent as well, the only ones who showed up to play were Kesler and Luongo.

Another thing is, AV's coaching style has completely gone down the drain. Other teams know it too well, we've been exposed; it's up to the COACH and his staff to figure out what to do with this. Enough of the f&*@ing defensive style of play SHOW US SOME GOD DAMN OFFENSE!!!!!!!!!!

I still believe we have a chance to come back from this 2-0 deficit, it ain't gonna be easy but with the heart and soul of our team, Kesler, being in complete beastmode right now I believe we can do this!!! The rest of the team just needs to show up.

I'm hoping Schneider is back on Sunday; I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like the team plays with more confidence with Cory in net, even though Luongo has been playing stellar.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#368 messier's_elbow

messier's_elbow

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:13 AM

The sedins need to step up or we are done. Sharks deserved both games. Kesler and LU kept us in it.

#369 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,781 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:51 AM

It's not over yet, but we've made things very, very difficult for ourselves.

Canucks in 7.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#370 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:51 AM

he played 28 mins... 4 minutes more than the next highest on either team

Not quite correct...he was on the ice for 28 minutes. He actually only played about 20.

#371 youngdad

youngdad

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:55 AM

The sedins need to step up or we are done. Sharks deserved both games. Kesler and LU kept us in it.

We were the better team tonight.

#372 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:01 AM

Whelp, it ain't over til the fat bitch sings. On to game 3.

Good luck in SJ boys...

#373 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,781 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:06 AM

I think we'll lay a beating on San Jose in game 3.

We're due a win.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#374 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,079 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:08 AM

Good luck in SJ boys...

Can't wait to see all the Canuck fans rockin the joint

aXmDa9t.gif

#375 a Fool

a Fool

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:10 AM

Whelp, it ain't over til the fat bitch sings.

You mean we have to watch Neimi sing too? This just keeps getting worse by the minute.

#376 zejono

zejono

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:22 AM

I said this last year, our core of players are very soft. In the season we dominate everyone but when it counts and physicality is involved our top 2 players which are the Sedins can not produce goals. MG and AV will be sacked and I would not be surprised if the new GM trades the Sedins.

Edited by zejono, 04 May 2013 - 02:23 AM.

#377 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,622 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:26 AM

kes was great in the face off circle.
hope the team can step up like kes did cause he cant do this alone.

our d stinks.
we miss tanev.

#378 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,026 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:29 AM

You mean we have to watch Neimi sing too? This just keeps getting worse by the minute.

i really like this fella's sense of humour. very underrated. i might have to rethink my cdc dream team

15fitjt.jpg

#379 superglu

superglu

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:29 AM

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Higgins -Roy Kesler -
Burrows - Lapierre - Hansen
Weise - schroeder - Raymond

#380 youngdad

youngdad

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:32 AM

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Higgins -Roy Kesler -
Burrows - Lapierre - Hansen
Weise - schroeder - Raymond

Okay but who's going to score the goals?
We have all those players right now and only one of them has put a puck past Niemi in more than 120 mins of hockey.

Edited by youngdad, 04 May 2013 - 02:33 AM.

#381 wc84

wc84

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:34 AM

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the ATROCIOUS Reffing!!! Not only did we outplay San Jose, but we outplayed them while taking a PILE of non-penalties. I've never seen weaker calls than in that game. We had....what.... 2 power plays to the Sharks 6 or 7?

We deserved the win. Edler should be shot. Kesler proved that he's still got it. Luongo is playing pretty much lights out hockey. Sedins were more of a threat than game 1 but still invisible.

#382 CanuckofSteel

CanuckofSteel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:38 AM

I hope some line up changes are made, this is the roster that I would ice...

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Roy-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-Schroeder-Hansen
Pinizzotto-Lapierre-Weise

Hamhuis-Garrison
Edler- Bieksa
Ballard-Corrado

Luongo

slo802.jpg

Thanks for the sweet sig Justdean10

#383 zejono

zejono

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:51 AM

Our hockey is so embarrassing , every team must be laughing at us

#384 spook007

spook007

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:57 AM

We were the better team tonight.

Debatable...
If it wasnt for Luo, Sharks would have finished the game in the 1st period. We need to score on the chances created...

#385 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:59 AM

Things are getting desperate now AV, time to move Ebbett up in the line up. Perhaps demote Kesler to the 4th and let Ebbett take his spot?

#386 spook007

spook007

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:03 AM

I think we'll lay a beating on San Jose in game 3.

We're due a win.

Good luck in SJ boys...

Hope you're right boys, tho the wife will be happy getting some sleep again...
Good to see some positive vibes, amongst all the depression (myself included)

#387 spook007

spook007

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:04 AM

lol :lol:

#388 KelVintage

KelVintage

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:10 AM

I know everyone hates Raymond, I do as well, but how the hell do you sign a guy like Higgins to a four year, 10 million dollar contract?! HE HASN'T SCORED A ???? GOAL IN 17 PLAYOFF GAMES. USELESS, just like everyone on this team besides Kes and Luo.

And Hansen? Dear Lord...how is it possible to miss an empty net from centre ice!? frack ME.

I hope Luo goes to a decent team in the offseason, guy deserves to win the Stanley Cup on a better team.

#389 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:37 AM

sure the tying goal was a bit weak.. but it was a bang bang play would it been better if that went straight in?? where the hell was the defense?? you let Marleau walk out of the corner untouched to bang the puck in?? plays collapsing around the goal yet our players doesn't collapse around the goal... find a freaking player close to the puck and tackle them.. wtf was Sedin doing diving around trying to block shot.. you go down that early you literally take yourself completely out of the play and let the player walk around you zzzzzz stop putting out the sedins in the last mins defending the lead... as much as ppl want to bash Luongo on last mins goal.. if you go back and watch.. it's usually the sedins that's on the ice when that happens.. go figure =\

#390 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:04 AM

lol Gillis and AV.

Bring in Burke

The guy along with with Nonis built this core and now the leafs are enjoying some success because of burke.

Gillis wasted this core's last 2 years by somehow making the 2011 team way worse and putting this team in cap trouble at the same time.

Burke aint coming back so go back to living in the past.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.