Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

[PGT] Canucks 2 Sharks 3

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
498 replies to this topic

#481 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,053 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

Burr and Roy invisible. Suppose to help secondary scoring. Call up Schroeder please.

Add in the whole roster except Kesler

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#482 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,620 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

Ebbett actually had a 2 on 1 not thanks to kassian :) Neither kassian nor Raymond have been difference makers in the last 2 games.

The sustained pressure was after the two on one when the puck bounced off a defenseman and went back to the corner where Kassian got the puck back.

Kassian is a rookie on an entry level contact.

Mason Raymond is a former 25 goal scorer.

Kassian not making a difference is a lot more excusable than Raymond or The Twins.

OXwjSoG.gif

#483 combover

combover

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

stupid system. if you can call it a system. play hard get the lead sit back poorly protect a 1 goal lead lose in ot. sounds like the regular season.
i love the fact that louie will be with the nucks longer than the douche coach that screwed him over.not to mention the new coach might like to have a proven and DURABLE #1 guy.
my warn status is for calling it like i saw it with Dave the donut Nonis. apparently the owners agreed

#484 coastal1

coastal1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

This is what is wrong with Sedin as a leader..."I liked the way we played yesterday"...WTF? He should be talking about not being able to close it out in Game 2 and speaking about how they are going to execute to win Game 3. Ridiculous that he's trying to put a positive spin on a poor outcome. We were all witnesses to what happened.

He's all calm off the ice, but give him the puck in his own zone with less than a minute, and it's all panic resulting in throwing the puck through the middle to start the meltdown. Where was the calm and composure when it counted on the ice, Henrik? Stop your BS chatter and start showing your sh!t on the ice.

And Kesler: "if we play the same way in game 3, I like our chances" . Moron, it didn't work in game 2, why do you want to do the same in game 3?? and why would the result be different. Definition os stupidity: doing the same thing and expecting a different result. It should be: "we will play a lot better in game 3 starting with myself (whoever speaks).

#485 jag

jag

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

roy may be good his fitness and core isnt there but our conditioning coaches will help

#486 Alexander.Edler

Alexander.Edler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

Put Ballard on the 4th line so I actually feel safe with them on. Also you can play them more then 4 minutes so guys like Kesler don't get tired. (See game iwnning goal)

Posted Image

#487 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,764 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

Edler and Bieksa playing over 27 minutes = recipe for disaster.

#488 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

And Kesler: "if we play the same way in game 3, I like our chances" . Moron, it didn't work in game 2, why do you want to do the same in game 3?? and why would the result be different. Definition os stupidity: doing the same thing and expecting a different result. It should be: "we will play a lot better in game 3 starting with myself (whoever speaks).

I feel Kesler was talking more about himself than the team..or trying to give his team more credit than they deserved. He stepped up big time. Also he said exactly that playing better bit after game 1 and sure enough he did. Too bad no one else seems capable of raising their games. If only we had gotten Backes with that offer-sheet years back.. man one would drool at those two on the same team. True leaders.

#489 Ryan kesler the beast

Ryan kesler the beast

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

Im so pissed off guys I'm not even sure i can bring myself to watch...

im going to the island tommorow, but ill listen on 1040 at least.

Imagine how the canucks feel. I wonder if they can put the game behind them and play or just feel sorry for themselves?
Posted Image
Thanks VC!

#490 burrkesjuice

burrkesjuice

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

We need lineup changes tomorrow; C'mon AV pleaaaaaaaaase change the god damn lines! Look at Toronto, they changed up their lines and they ended up beating Boston today...

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Z. Kassian
M. Raymond - R. Kesler - A. Burrows
C. Higgins - D. Roy - J. Hansen
S. Pinizzotto - M. Lapierre - D. Weise

D. Hamhuis - J. Garrison
K. Ballard/A. Edler - K. Bieksa
A. Alberts - C. Tanev/F. Corrado

R. Luongo/C. Schneider
Posted ImagePosted Image

#491 shadowgoon

shadowgoon

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:16 PM

Well said. Everyone wants Schneids and he hasn't even play a full season as a starter, supposedly he is the starter this yr and only playing 25-30 gms and what he is injured before the most important time of the yr. Doesn't look like a work horse to me.
Also has the flu twice this yr.

30 games in a 48 game season = 51 games, which is roughly a 22% increase over last season. If we extrapolate that over to next season, the numbers dictate that Schneider should start in the neighbourhood of 62 games next season which to me is a starter's workload.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with easing Schneider into the starter's role, and actually makes sense given we had the luxury of Luongo sitting on the bench.

If you believe that Schneider purposely got hurt, and would rather be in the press box than playing, you have some serious delusions.

AV and MG are both ass hats, but for once they have actually done something decent with regards to player development in Schneider. People are going to be pleasantly surprised next season with Schneiders performance.

I also strongly advocate for Kesler to assume the captaincy.

If life were a video game, this is how I would within reason, reconstruct the team:

Untouchables
Kesler
Kassian
Higgins
Hansen
Burrows
Lapierre (Re-Signed)
Hamhuis
Garrison
Tanev
Corrado
Bieksa (He's a large part of the heart and soul of this team)
Alberts (Amazing bottom pairing/depth d-man)
Schneider

Futures (Untouchable)
Jensen
Gaunce
Lain

Players with NMC/NTC that can be traded prior to new contracts kicking in this summer:

Edler

Players with existing NMC/NTC that would need to waive to be able to trade

Sedin
Sedin
Luongo (We know he will waive)

Players we need to offload

Booth
Ballard

Given the untouchables list the roster next season would look like this:

________ - Kesler (5.000M) - ________

Higgins (2.500M) - ________ - Hansen (1.350M)

Burrows (4.000M) - Lapierre (2.000M) - Kassian (0.870M)

________ - ________ - ________

Pinizzotto (0.750M)

Hamhuis (4.500M) - Bieksa (4.600M)

Garrison (4.600M) - Corrado (0.600M)

Alberts (1.500M) - Tanev (1.025)

________

Schneider (4.000M)

________

(37.295M)

Holes to fill: 1st line LW & RW, 2nd line C, Entire 4th line, Backup Goalie, Depth DMan (27.005M to play with)

Trade bait:

Sedin, Sedin, Edler, Luongo (Representing 22.530M in Cap)

Players to target:

4th Line:
  • Boyd Gordon: Solid defensive player, 29 years old 6'0 200.
    2 year term at 1.750/year AAV
  • Colby Armstrong; 30 Years old, hasn't regained his offensive touch but still plays a solid physical game, 6'2 195
  • Blake Comeau; 27 Years old, hard gritty player, can pot some occasional points, 6'0, 195

2nd Line:
  • Tyler Bozak: Really coming into his own. Solid 2 way player, 6'1, 195.
    3 year term at 3.750/year AAV

1st Line:
  • RW, Teddy Purcell: 27 Years old, Point scoring trending up. Edler + Schroeder + 2014 1st for Purcell + Connolly
  • LW, Alex Ovechkin: Ovenchicken. 'Nuff said. Sedin + Sedin + Luongo + 2013 1st for Ovechkin + Neuvirth

Lineup (With Point Production Extrapolation)

Ovechkin (9.538M) - Kesler (5.000M) - Purcell (4.500M) = 19.038M : 91G 126A = 217P

Higgins (2.500M) - Bozak (3.750M) - Hansen (1.350M) = 7.600M : 58G 67A = 125P

Burrows (4.500M) - Lapierre (2.000M) - Kassian (0.870M) = 7.370M : 42G 37A = 79P

Armstrong (1.750M) - Gordon (1.750M) - Comeau (1.750M) = 5.250M : 21G 34A = 55P

Pinizzotto (0.750M)

40.008M

Hamhuis (4.500M) - Bieksa (4.600M) : 19G 47A = 66P

Garrison (4.600M) - Corrado (0.600M) : 13G 13A = 26P

Alberts (1.500M) - Tanev (1.025) : 4G : 13A = 17P

Depth DMan: 0.800M

17.625M

Total Offensive production: 248G / 82GP = 3.0 GF/G

Schneider: 4.000M
Neuvirth: 2.500M

6.500M

Total Roster Cap (22 Man): 64.133M = 0.167M Under Cap.

#492 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

It's over
jersey collection.jpg

#493 cyacry

cyacry

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:00 PM

Still mad at MG for not resigning Torres. :mad:

#494 dura_mater

dura_mater

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:22 AM

30 games in a 48 game season = 51 games, which is roughly a 22% increase over last season. If we extrapolate that over to next season, the numbers dictate that Schneider should start in the neighbourhood of 62 games next season which to me is a starter's workload.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with easing Schneider into the starter's role, and actually makes sense given we had the luxury of Luongo sitting on the bench.

If you believe that Schneider purposely got hurt, and would rather be in the press box than playing, you have some serious delusions.

AV and MG are both ass hats, but for once they have actually done something decent with regards to player development in Schneider. People are going to be pleasantly surprised next season with Schneiders performance.

I also strongly advocate for Kesler to assume the captaincy.

If life were a video game, this is how I would within reason, reconstruct the team:

Untouchables
Kesler
Kassian
Higgins
Hansen
Burrows
Lapierre (Re-Signed)
Hamhuis
Garrison
Tanev
Corrado
Bieksa (He's a large part of the heart and soul of this team)
Alberts (Amazing bottom pairing/depth d-man)
Schneider

Futures (Untouchable)
Jensen
Gaunce
Lain

Players with NMC/NTC that can be traded prior to new contracts kicking in this summer:

Edler

Players with existing NMC/NTC that would need to waive to be able to trade

Sedin
Sedin
Luongo (We know he will waive)

Players we need to offload

Booth
Ballard

Given the untouchables list the roster next season would look like this:

________ - Kesler (5.000M) - ________

Higgins (2.500M) - ________ - Hansen (1.350M)

Burrows (4.000M) - Lapierre (2.000M) - Kassian (0.870M)

________ - ________ - ________

Pinizzotto (0.750M)

Hamhuis (4.500M) - Bieksa (4.600M)

Garrison (4.600M) - Corrado (0.600M)

Alberts (1.500M) - Tanev (1.025)

________

Schneider (4.000M)

________

(37.295M)

Holes to fill: 1st line LW & RW, 2nd line C, Entire 4th line, Backup Goalie, Depth DMan (27.005M to play with)

Trade bait:

Sedin, Sedin, Edler, Luongo (Representing 22.530M in Cap)

Players to target:

4th Line:

• Boyd Gordon: Solid defensive player, 29 years old 6'0 200.
  • Colby Armstrong; 30 Years old, hasn't regained his offensive touch but still plays a solid physical game, 6'2 195
  • Blake Comeau; 27 Years old, hard gritty player, can pot some occasional points, 6'0, 195
2nd Line:
  • Tyler Bozak: Really coming into his own. Solid 2 way player, 6'1, 195.
    3 year term at 3.750/year AAV
1st Line:
  • RW, Teddy Purcell: 27 Years old, Point scoring trending up. Edler + Schroeder + 2014 1st for Purcell + Connolly
  • LW, Alex Ovechkin: Ovenchicken. 'Nuff said. Sedin + Sedin + Luongo + 2013 1st for Ovechkin + Neuvirth
Lineup (With Point Production Extrapolation)

Ovechkin (9.538M) - Kesler (5.000M) - Purcell (4.500M) = 19.038M : 91G 126A = 217P

Higgins (2.500M) - Bozak (3.750M) - Hansen (1.350M) = 7.600M : 58G 67A = 125P

Burrows (4.500M) - Lapierre (2.000M) - Kassian (0.870M) = 7.370M : 42G 37A = 79P

Armstrong (1.750M) - Gordon (1.750M) - Comeau (1.750M) = 5.250M : 21G 34A = 55P

Pinizzotto (0.750M)

40.008M

Hamhuis (4.500M) - Bieksa (4.600M) : 19G 47A = 66P

Garrison (4.600M) - Corrado (0.600M) : 13G 13A = 26P

Alberts (1.500M) - Tanev (1.025) : 4G : 13A = 17P

Depth DMan: 0.800M

17.625M

Total Offensive production: 248G / 82GP = 3.0 GF/G

Schneider: 4.000M
Neuvirth: 2.500M

6.500M

Total Roster Cap (22 Man): 64.133M = 0.167M Under Cap.

I like your trade ideas and we're potentially stronger come playoff time. But Hansen and Higgins on the 2nd line is a bit of a stretch and scares me. Kesler should definitely be untouchable but if he gets injured is your team strong enough (offensively) to get us into the playoffs?

Apollo is not a real person but a post-bot built by the Aquilini's to create hype.

You mean the ntcs that all got waived or the ntcs that led us to back to back president trophies and a Stanley Cup?

#495 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,184 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:17 AM

Burr invisible? :huh: He must have had six shots on net, including flying in short handed. I can grant he missed an open net; but Burr is one of the guys putting everything on the line.

Burr and Roy invisible. Suppose to help secondary scoring. Call up Schroeder please.

I'd prefer different D pairs... AV found a way to completely lock out our 4th line and 3rd D pair!

Edler and Bieksa playing over 27 minutes = recipe for disaster.

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 05 May 2013 - 04:19 AM.

#496 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

@ElliottPap: Henrik Sedin: "This is a city where if you lose 1 or 2, no one is going to believe in you. That's the way it is in every market." #Canucks

If only Hank actually used stuff like this to spur himself on and try to prove everybody wrong.

Hank? Dank? Is there anybody home?

#497 shadowgoon

shadowgoon

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

I like your trade ideas and we're potentially stronger come playoff time. But Hansen and Higgins on the 2nd line is a bit of a stretch and scares me. Kesler should definitely be untouchable but if he gets injured is your team strong enough (offensively) to get us into the playoffs?

Taking into account players like Schroeder, Gaunce, Jensen, Lain will be a year older there should be plenty of ability to maintain regular season prowess. Ovie is a force and can single handedly win games.

That roster has not a single "soft" player on it, all can take the body, all can grind it out, all on the top 3 lines have offensive ability. If what we've seen with Roy here is any indication of how dangerous Higgins can be offensively, I wouldn't worry. Especially with Honey Badger, provided they're able to pot 20 goals a season and be defensively responsible there shouldn't be any worry.

#498 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:14 AM

@ElliottPap: More Henrik: "This is a city where if you win a playoff game, everybody is happy. I liked the way we played yesterday." #Canucks

I sure hope that by 'we' he means kesler and luongo. If the Sedins are actually happy with their game 2 then I am done with them.

#499 yabadabadoo

yabadabadoo

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

The dozen amazing stops he made weren't enough? How about the captain not playing the puck in the slot in an attempt to clear the zone?

How about Edler take his man on all three goals? How about Edler not pinch when it's not needed resulting in the GWG?

I was happy that Luongo was on his way out, but he's stood on his head this series. This loss was not by any means Luongo's fault.

Luongo is the least of the team's problems...he can be counted on to stop 91% of the shots he faces, but he can't be counted on score goals (last time I checked, that's the responsibility of the likes of Sedins, Burrows, Roy, Raymond, Kesler, etc...well done Sedins and Burr...way to produce like a first line).

Lu has shown in the past that he could make a save when it was absolutely needed (e.g., vs. Patrick Sharp in Game 7 OT WCQF 2011), but he hasn't done it with enough regularity throughout his entire career, so it should not surprise anyone that he couldn't squeeze the puck on the Sharks second goal.

Let's face it...there isn't a single player on the Canucks roster who consistently plays at an elite level...we get teased by the occasional great performance by any said player and get sucked into believing that performance is the norm and we wait with baited breath for that same performance. It comes every so often (with the Sedins, it's as frequent as the lunar eclipse) and we get all giddy when it happens.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.